Join us Tuesday, April 30, 2013 for our monthly gathering in downtown Bakersfield to learn, share, and meet others interested in Drupal. This meetup is FREE.
The meeting space will be open at 6:00PM for early arrivals: users helping users and networking.
We will be meeting on the second floor of the main office for KCSOS (map).
Kern County Superintendent of Schools - 1300 17th Street in downtown Bakersfield. We will be meeting in the technology center on the second floor. Signs in the lobby will point the way.
Parking is available in the parking garage behind the building - enter on 18th street or park on the streets around the building.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 starting at 6:00 for networking, the meetup will begin at 6:30 and last two hours.
- 6:00 - 6:30
- Early arrivals and networking
- Venue setup
- Bakersfield Drupal Open Lab & Users Helping Users - Bring your laptop and Drupal questions
- 6:30 - 8:30
- Group business & announcements
- Job announcements - looking/seeking (free)
- Lightning talks
- Main presentation - Zero to Hero in one hour - building an amazing Drupal site from scratch by Erin Clerico
- Users Helping Users - bring up a question to the crowd and see how they can help you overcome your latest Drupal roadblock.
- Networking - bring your business cards
- 8:30 - ???
- Drupal After Dark at Uricchio's Trattoria (just one block west of the venue) - after the meetup come out to meet new friends, network, grab a drink or bite to eat. (the kitchen takes orders up to 8:45PM but the bar will be open until 10:00PM)
What to bring
Bring a co-worker, maybe your laptop or tablet, but definitely bring your business cards for networking.
About Bakersfield Drupal
This is a new group in the Drupal community set up to serve the greater Bakersfield and Kern County region. The group is organized by Erin Clerico, a Bakersfield resident and experienced Drupal developer. Our purpose is to educate our members in all aspects of Drupal use and development, and to provide a venue to local Drupal users to network and share information.
How to become a member of Bakersfield Drupal
- First create an account at Drupal.org, which is the "master" site of groups.drupal.org. Joining Drupal.org will create an account on all the the other *.drupal.org subdomains.
- Once you have your Drupal.org account and have logged in, go to the LA Drupal home page at http://groups.drupal.org/bakersfield
- Finally, click the Join link found in the right sidebar. You'll be a member of the Bakersfield group l after confirming your membership.
Looking for sponsors
We need a six-month listing on meetup.com to promote the group. If you would like to sponsor this listing (a single payment of $72) then we can provide a link to your business on this page and a shout-out at each of our meetups during the six month period.
We are also looking for a food sponsor - we will need two to six pizzas, some cookies, sodas and water for each meetup. Estimated cost commitment would be about $50 - $100 per meetup. Until we find a sponsor we will depend upon optional individual contributions and serve what we can. Again - your sponsorship will get a link on each meetup announcement and a shout-out at the meetup.