Mark your calendar and be sure to attend the September 2013 Bakersfield DUG Meetup this Tuesday the 24th - opens at 6:00 PM Downtown
Free Drupal Installation Clinic
Bring your laptop and get help installing Drupal from an expert. Please arrive by 6:15 to participate. This is a great way to learn Drupal site building at your own pace, and without any hosting expense. This is how expert Drupal site builders spin up new Drupal sites - come and learn how to harness these free tools to build powerful websites. A laptop computer is required for Drupal installation.
New users welcome
We are all about helping people get started with Drupal.
This month we have a terrific door prize - a free one-month gift certificate donated by BuildAModule.com. BuildAModule.com is a great way to learn Drupal site building.
Kern County Superintendent of Schools - 1300 17th Street in downtown Bakersfield. We will be meeting in the technology center on the second floor. Note: the front doors to the City Center will be locked, you must enter through the doors at the opposite end of the building facing the parking garage. Signs in the lobby will point the way.
Parking is available in the parking garage behind the building - enter on 18th street or park on the streets around the building.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 starting at 6:00 for networking, the meetup will begin at 6:30 and last two hours. We have regular meetups on the last Tuesday of every month.
- 6:00 - 7:00
- Venue setup
- Early arrivals and networking
- Bakersfield Drupal Drupal Installation Clinic & Users Helping Users - please arrive by 6:15 for the installation clinic.
- 7:00 - 8:30
- Lightning talks, main presentation, Q & A
- Main presentation: Drupal Theming!
We're going to talk about theming Drupal - what tools are available and where to start
- Ask me anything (about Drupal) - open Q & A
What to bring
Bring a co-worker, maybe your laptop or tablet, but definitely bring your business cards for networking.
About Bakersfield Drupal
This is a new group in the Drupal community set up to serve the greater Bakersfield and Kern County region. The group is organized by Erin Clerico, a Bakersfield resident and experienced Drupal developer. Our purpose is to educate our members in all aspects of Drupal use and development, and to provide a venue to local Drupal users to network and share information.
How to become a member of Bakersfield Drupal
- First create an account at Drupal.org, which is the "master" site of groups.drupal.org. Joining Drupal.org will create an account on all the the other *.drupal.org subdomains.
- Once you have your Drupal.org account and have logged in, go to the Bakersfield Drupal home page at http://groups.drupal.org/bakersfield
- Finally, click the Join link found in the right sidebar. You'll be a member of the Bakersfield group l after confirming your membership.
Looking for sponsors
We need a six-month listing on meetup.com to promote the group. If you would like to sponsor this listing (a single payment of $72) then we can provide a link to your business on this page and a shout-out at each of our meetups during the six month period.
We are also looking for a food sponsor - we will need two or three pizzas, some cookies, sodas and water for each meetup. Estimated cost commitment would be about $50 - $100 per meetup. Until we find a sponsor we will depend upon optional individual contributions and serve what we can. Again - your sponsorship will get a link on each meetup announcement and a shout-out at the meetup.