Last month we did some brainstorming on possible upcoming meetup topics. Here's a list based on my notes. Please let me know which of these sound most interesting to you, and/or if you have more ideas. Let me know if you want to present on anything, too, even if it's just a 5 minute blurb!
- Backbone.js / Angular.js / etc.
- How to make a theme in D8
- Responsive theming
- Current base theme options
- Admin themes / interface
- Frontend performance
- Team workflow - successful collaboration between design, front, and back end
- Frontend development tools / workflows
- Email theming tips (and/or group therapy on the subject)
- Testing, Behat
- Theming for commerce
- Examples of great Drupal designs + maybe how they were created
- Config-based layout options, Panopoly, etc.
- "No judgment" Q&A night
- Sustainable theming
- Sass-y stuff (and/or other CSS preprocessors)
- Prototyping - tools, approaches, stories, gotchas, examples
Furthermore, I'm looking for someone to help me plan the frontend meetups. As I take on the larger event we're planning for the spring, I'm going to have less time available to make sure the monthly meetups happen. So I could use some help!