I'm currently looking at buying a SSL certificate and attaching to one of my domains. The main reason (along with encryption) is to provide more peace-of-mind for users who will providing their personal data (we are also signed up to data protection).
Can anyone provide any advice as I'm totally new to this, especially in regards to:
- green bar or not (and if not do you think the average Joe will understand the site is SSL)?
- best companies in relation to price and service?
- I need one domain to start with but will need an additional two in around nine months time so need to way-up options;
- anything to consider when using SSL with Drupal (I'm on AWS Cloud with NGINX)?
- anything else to consider with SSL i.e. does it affect performance and is this linked to the provider?
- any pitfalls to watch out for?
- please note the site is an international site but is mainly aimed at UK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.