BDUG will be meeting on 4/21 from 12 - 1:30 in Dwinelle 3401.
This month, Quinn Dombrowski will cover importing data into Drupal using the Feeds module, and exporting data using Views Data Export. Feeds allows you to fairly easily bring data from spreadsheets, XML or HTML, or RSS feeds into your Drupal site. We'll also cover Feeds Tamper, which lets you tweak the data in various ways (combining spreadsheet cells, find-and-replace, etc.) during the import process. This is particularly useful for research projects that have been storing their data in spreadsheets, Word files, etc., but want to move to using Drupal to provide public access to the data, or facilitate collaborative data entry. Views Data Export makes it easy to get data out of Drupal in a number of common formats (CSV, XLS, DOC, TXT, and XML).
Berkeley Drupal Users Group: 4/21 12-1:30pm
WHERE: UC Berkeley Campus: Dwinelle 3401
About Berkeley Drupal User's Group meetings:
- We are making an effort to select topics that directly benefit UC Berkeley employees using Drupal.
- BDUG remains open to the non-UC Berkeley Drupal community. Please join us at our meetings. Please let us know if you are interested in presenting at BDUG.
- Discussion format: Meetings will not always be formal presentations. Some meetings will be discussions centered around a predefined topic. Discussions will be initiated by a leader who will briefly present an overview of the topic possibly including demonstrations or supporting materials. The session leaves ample space for organic discussion. Participants are encouraged to:
- respond in these forums with ideas for the present meeting or future meetings
- bring problems encountered, questions and contributions to the meeting