I said I'd post these after the last meetup, and so I am! A little bit late perhaps, but here they are...
A list of possible things we could do (other than listen to talks) together:
- Challenge - publish a Drupal challenge and get people to submit answers/solutions on the day at the venue.
- Bring along a problem and test the knowledge of the group. Can we fix it? Yes we can! (Hopefully...)
- Strange, wonderful and different uses of Drupal. Showcase some bizarre stuff.
- Bad examples of Drupal and great examples of Drupal.
- Create a skills/knowledge bank - who knows what and who can help who?
- What sites resources have helped you on your Drupal path? Eg books, sites, people...
- Share examples of something you've cocked up badly - learn from each other's mistakes.
- Build a site together
- All wales?
- Who can come up with the best alternative meaning for SWDUG? Just for a laugh!
(Why try to emulate what others do? Why not just do what works for you? A group should be organic, not a carbon copy.)
I'm inclined to agree with the last point actually. I think having the same format all the time might be a bit stagnant, and I wonder what we could do with the time we might gain from not doing talks for a session or two (or more, if it works)?