For those interested in helping the District Court clean up and improve their drupal Internet and Intranet web sites!
WEB ADMINISTRATOR (2016-04D)
Location: Concord, NH Salary Range: CL28 $62,181 to $101,900
Opening Date: July 11, 2016 Closing Date: August 5, 2016
The United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire is accepting applications for a full-time temporary Wed Administrator. This position is located in the clerk’s office and reports to the Director of Information Technology. The Web Administrator is responsible for providing primary technical support for the development and modification of the court’s internal and external websites.
• Design webpage layout and navigation by categorizing content for court websites. Adhere to design guidelines, best practices and industry standards.
• Conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to sites.
• Develop and maintain site content management using Drupal.
• Develop content that is cross-platform compatible and iOS friendly.
• Apply web technologies such as graphic software, database applications, and custom programming to develop and maintain court websites.
• Coordinate all web development efforts and analyze user needs and software requirements with Director of Information Technology and court managers.
• Design and develop web applications, reports, and database connectivity.
• Create backup procedures and continuity of operations planning (COOP).
• Protect site by installing security precautions.
• Provide site information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Provide end-user support and documentation.
• Work within federal policies and guidelines for Internet and Intranet sites.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least four years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and maintaining web applications is required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
• Drupal management and development is preferred.
• Proficiency in HTML and Cascading Styles Sheets (CSS).
• Working knowledge of database technologies such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Informix.
• Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop or other similar tools.
• Understanding of browser capabilities and internet presence.
• Experience in creating storyboards, process flows and site maps.
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interaction.
• Experience in creating flowcharts to show work processes.
• Knowledge of the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies.
• Candidates should be industrious, creative, intelligent, diplomatic, energetic, forward thinking, dynamic, public-service oriented and versatile with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. While accuracy and attention to detail are essential, equally important is the demonstrated ability to bring complex issues and/or system problems to a successful resolution.
• Candidates must have the capacity to synthesize complex information, exercise sound and independent judgment, problem solve, and take ownership of and manage both assigned duties and special projects. The ability to balance the demands of varying workload responsibilities and deadlines is critical. The incumbent will be expected to work in a team environment.
The selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation by law enforcement agencies and may be required to provide educational transcripts. Specialized testing of the applicant’s skills may be required.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a salary history for the past ten years to Thomas Van Beaver at:
by the close of business on August 5, 2016. The applicants deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in a personal interview at their own expense. References will not be required until an applicant is considered a finalist. The Clerk reserves the right to modify the conditions of this vacancy announcement at any time or to withdraw it without prior notice.
The United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer.