Meeting notes for those not able to attend...
The June DrupalACT meeting was held on 5th of June at AMA House in Barton. Attendance was about 20 people. Including a few new faces.
Geoff Dibley, on "Drupal at Prime Minister & Cabinet and beyond".
Geoff gave a very interesting talk about the wide range of sites PM&C has running Drupal, including a sneak peek of some new stuff.
See the full video here: http://youtu.be/XeNke3KI9mc
Three issues were raised for discussion. Everyone had the opportunity to give their view and ultimately all issues were passed unanimously. I've just summarised the decisions...
- The proposal to move meetups to Fridays was rejected. It was seen as less convenient than Tuesdays.
- There was no requirement for a separate Canberra group on groups.drupal.org. People were happy with the current arrangement.
- The group would like to see the twitter accounts @Drupalcanberra and @DrupalACT reserved for the ACT group use and handed over to the local group coordinators. Several members expressed concerns that these accounts were being squatted by a third-party. The group agreed that if subsequent requests for the accounts were rejected that they would take further action via groups.drupal.org
We'd like to thank Australian Medical Association (AMA) including Michael, Josh and Adam for making the conference facilities available to the group.
If you would like to follow DrupalACT and come along to future meetings:
- Keep an eye out for DrupalACT posts on groups.drupal.org
- Circle the DrupalACT page on GooglePlus
- Or join the DrupalACT user group on Facebook
So if you would like to present or listen to a specific topic at a upcoming DrupalACT meeting, then please post a comment here or contact Chris Skene (xtfer) or Justin Freeman directly.
We look forward to seeing you at the next DrupalACT meeting, to be held at 6pm, 3rd of July 2012 at Australian Medical Association (AMA), 42 Macquarie St Barton, http://g.co/maps/x25fu