IMP

Interested in helping test Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 migrations? Start here for instructions on how to get set up, and where to start testing. Find us on IRC in #drupal-migrate.

Weekly Meeting

We meet weekly on Thursdays at 1:00 UTC (Wed 6pm PDT, Wed 9pm EDT, Thurs 9am benjy-time). Post a comment on the event page if you'd like to participate (and not just watch) and we'll be sure to invite you when the hangout begins.

Current Priorities

D6 > D8

All issues are in the core queue.

Pick any active issue, read the instructions, assign to yourself, and hack away! If you can't complete it, post a partial patch and unassign.

D7 > D8

All issues are in the core queue.

About IMP

WHAT: Import API in Drupal 8 core, based on the Migrate project. Also in core: Drupal 6 and 7 import using this API based on the Drupal-to-Drupal data migration project. Read and comment on Mike Ryan's thoughts at http://goo.gl/WnTOB0.

WHERE: If you'd like to be involved now, find us in IRC on #drupal-migrate. If you have any doubts about what to do, find us in IRC or post in the issue! Work takes place here: https://drupal.org/sandbox/chx/2105305. The UI is at https://drupal.org/sandbox/mikeryan/2271813 .

Migrate API documentation can be found at https://drupal.org/node/2127611

WHY: So that Drupal 6 sites can move directly to Drupal 8. (And because the current upgrade path is unmaintainable.)

HOW: We're currently doing targeted testing and patching of the D6->D8 migration path. Want to get involved - introduce yourself in #drupal-migrate on IRC!

Now broadcasting weekly meetings on Google+

ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core weekly meeting

Start: 
2014-11-05 21:00 - 21:30 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
User group meeting

https://plus.google.com/b/106269343178096590461/events/cr3mqajlmo63tagkv...

Interested in learning about the progress of the Drupal 8 Migrate in Core team? Join us for our weekly meeting!

Read more
ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core Virtual Sprint

Start: 
2014-11-05 19:00 - 21:00 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
Sprint

Interested in helping out with the Drupal 8 Migrate in Core initiative? This is a great opportunity to learn how to put your skills to work.

During the virtual sprint, we discuss specific issues and patches, the inner workings of the core migrate modules, and do our best to match up contributors with issues that they have an interest in. We've been skewing more on the beginner side of things, but so far, several of the participants have already had patches committed to Drupal 8 core.

Read more
ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core Virtual Sprint

Start: 
2014-10-29 19:00 - 21:00 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
Sprint

Interested in helping out with the Drupal 8 Migrate in Core initiative? This is a great opportunity to learn how to put your skills to work.

During the virtual sprint, we discuss specific issues and patches, the inner workings of the core migrate modules, and do our best to match up contributors with issues that they have an interest in. We've been skewing more on the beginner side of things, but so far, several of the participants have already had patches committed to Drupal 8 core.

Read more
ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core weekly meeting

Start: 
2014-10-29 21:00 - 21:30 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
User group meeting

Interested in learning about the progress of the Drupal 8 Migrate in Core team? Join us for our weekly meeting!

Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #42 - October 22

  • Hangout took place on Wednesday, October 22, 2014. No recording, someone forgot to click "Start Broadcast"...
  • Attendees: ultimike, benjy, bdone, ryanweal

Recent news

  • BADCamp - Ryan Weal will go, WebEnabled (Thank you!) is sponsoring ($150), still waiting on others.
  • This week's virtual sprint had 4 participants working on D6->D8 missing variable migrations.
  • Mid-Camp - Chicago - March 19-22 (the 19th and 22nd will have sprints). Ryan will email Moshe a budget.
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #41 - October 15

Recent news

  • BADCamp - Ryan Weal will go, Moshe is securing travel funds from Acquia.
  • This week's virtual sprint had 4 participants working on D6->D8 missing variable migrations.
  • Drupal 6 dumps - chx feels that dumps should probably be reorganized per table instead of per test. Benjy will create a new sandbox for the refactored dump stuff.
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #40 - October 8

  • Hangout took place on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, benjy, chx, weal

Recent news

Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #39 - October 1, 2014

  • Hangout took place on Wednesday, October 1, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, chx, benjy

Important news

  • weal and penyaskito will lead DrupalCon Amsterdam Migrate in Core sprints.
  • ultimike will organize a sprint at DrupalCamp Atlanta.
  • This week's virtual sprint had 6 participants, will be focusing on D6->D8 testing of users, taxonomy, and nodes.
  • BADCamp sprint - Ryan Weal offered to go.

Recent commits

  • D6->D8 node migration - Handle nodes with format = 0 ?
Read more
ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core Virtual Sprint

Start: 
2014-10-01 19:00 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
Sprint

If you're interested in helping out with the Migrate in Core initiative, but don't know where to start, then this virtual sprint is for you. We'll be working together to:

  1. Get people up-and-running with everything they need to start testing migrations.
  2. Find relevant issues for beginners.
  3. Provide debugging tips for developers.
  4. Create documentation tasks for documenters.

Stop by any time during the sprint and we'll do our best to get you going!

Thanks,
-mike

Read more
ultimike's picture

Drupal 8 Migrate in Core Weekly Meeting

Start: 
2014-10-01 21:00 - 21:30 America/New_York
Organizers: 
Event type: 
User group meeting

Join us for our weekly meeting where we review progress and make battle plans for the upcoming week.

Thanks,
-mike

Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #38 - September 24

  • Hangout took place on Wednesday, September 24, 2014. There is no recording because I forgot to hit the "broadcast" button - doh! (sorry)
  • Attendees: ultimike, chx, benjy

Important news

  • weal and penyaskito will lead DrupalCon Amsterdam Migrate in Core sprints
  • ultimike will organize a sprint at DrupalCamp Atlanta
  • ultimike will organize/lead new contributor virtual sprints Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm EDT
Read more
ultimike's picture

Migrate in Core Weekly Round-Up #37, September 17, 2014

  • Hangout took place on Wednesday, September 17, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, chx, benjy, mikeryan

Important news

  • weal and penyaskito will lead DrupalCon Amsterdam Migrate in Core sprints
  • ultimike will organize a sprint at DrupalCamp Atlanta
  • ultimike will organize/lead new contributor virtual sprints Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm EDT
Read more
ultimike's picture

Migrate in Core Weekly Round-Up #36, July 31, 2014

  • Hangout will take place on Thursday, July 31, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, chx

Important news

  1. Drupal 8.x is now 8.0.x - new branch: https://groups.drupal.org/node/436178 - be sure to checkout the new branch in your repository!
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #35 - July 24

Most recent goal

Get 3 of the open D6->D8 Node-related issues to RTBC - not yet complete, in progress.

Committed

None in the past week. :(

RTBC

None. Double :(

Needs work

  1. Drush migrate-manifest parameters: https://github.com/drush-ops/drush/issues/704#issuecomment-47864382
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #34 - July 17 - Wrapup, notes, and links

  • Hangout took place on Thursday, July 17, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, ryan weal, mike ryan

Most recent goal

Get 3 of the open D6->D8 Node-related issues to RTBC - not yet complete, in progress.

Committed

  1. D6 Block Mapping: https://www.drupal.org/node/2248407
  2. Implement migration groups: https://www.drupal.org/node/2202511
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #33 - July 10

Most recent goal

Get all Profile-related patches to RTBC - Done!

Committed

  1. system_logging migration: https://drupal.org/node/2249149
  2. Freeform field patch: https://www.drupal.org/node/2281627
  3. Body field label: https://www.drupal.org/node/2281481
  4. Profile list field patch: https://www.drupal.org/node/2281539
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #32 - June 26, 2014

  • Hangout took place on Thursday, June 26, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, weal, c13l0, vijaycs85, mikeryan
  1. system_logging migration - RTBC: https://drupal.org/node/2249149
  2. bdone working on item migration limit: https://www.drupal.org/node/2282013
  3. Provide configuration schema for Migration module - committed: https://drupal.org/node/2183957
  4. Checkbox/radio/select field issue: https://drupal.org/node/2262275 - chx is assisting new contributor hosef, getting closer.
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #31 - June 19

  • Hangout took place on Thursday, June 19, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, benjy, mikeryan, TommyK, bdone, chx
  1. New system_logging migration, needs review: https://drupal.org/node/2249149
  2. bdone’s DedupeBase patch committed: https://drupal.org/node/2247903
  3. bdone working on item migration limit: https://www.drupal.org/node/2282013
  4. Still working towards migrate having a config schema: https://drupal.org/node/2183957
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #30, June 12, 2014

  • Hangout took place on Thursday, June 12, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, mikeryan
  1. New migration that needs writing: https://drupal.org/node/2249149
  2. bdone is still working on DedupeBase: https://drupal.org/node/2247903
  3. Still working towards migrate having a config schema: https://drupal.org/node/2183957
  4. Checkbox/radio/select field issue: https://drupal.org/node/2262275 - chx is assisting new contributor hosef.
Read more
ultimike's picture

Weekly Call #29 - May 29

  • Hangout took place on Thursday, May 29, 2014, watch the recording
  • Attendees: ultimike, bdone, ryanweal
  1. New migration that needs writing: https://drupal.org/node/2249149
  2. bdone is still working on DedupeBase: https://drupal.org/node/2247903
  3. Still working towards migrate having a config schema: https://drupal.org/node/2183957
Read more
Subscribe with RSS Syndicate content

IMP

Group organizers

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds:

Hot content this week