Currently there is no integration between the Cue Builder and Popcorn.js modules, but integration has always been part of the plan. While the initial feature of Cue Builder will be deep linking and won't use Popcorn (because that's what RETN needs to upgrade to D7), structurally a Cue has what we need to trigger Popcorn events. The first place I'd like to see Cue Builder and Popcorn.js integrated is in a media caption solution, but since both @emilyf and I have limited time to work on this I'd be willing to contribute to another implementation if someone else wants to drive a project.
This is the roadmap I've working towards:
- Create module that makes Popcorn.js available as a library call from other modules - DONE!
- Create module that defines a Cue and the UI for adding Cues - IN PROGRESS!
- Develop a method for other modules to declare a Cue type
- Add support for importing Popcorn Maker files
- Add Popcorn Maker integration