On behalf of the SF Bay Area Drupal community, I want to invite everyone to attend this year's Bay Area Drupal Camp (BADCamp) hosted on the beautiful campus of the University of California at Berkeley from Thursday, November 1st through Sunday, November 4th. Now in its sixth year, BADCamp is the flagship Drupal event of the San Francisco Bay Area and is expected to draw almost 2000 attendees for four days of summits, sessions, sprints, and social events.
Everyone involved in BADCamp has been working hard for the last six months to make something really special happen this November and we invite everyone in the Drupal community to join the magic by registering today to attend BADCamp 2012!
This year BADCamp will be offering 6+ tracks of amazing Drupal sessions (submit one today!), offering a dozen training sessions from some of the best companies in the industry, holding eight different summits on a variety of cutting edge topics, hosting a wide range of code sprints, and throwing a great pirate themed party on Saturday night - all taking place in the world class San Francisco Bay Area!
BADCamp Summits - Thursday and Friday
On Thursday and Friday, BADCamp will feature topic specific "summits" focusing on a wide range of different topics. Although Drupal is growing rapidly and our community is expanding, day long summits are BADCamp's way of keeping the small event feel and giving attendees a chance to connect with folks like them in an intimate and focused session led by some of the most knowledgable folks in that space. This year BADCamp will offer the following summits:
- New in 2012! Drupal DevOps Summit - A full day of discussion and strategizing on cutting edge system administration and operations practices to make Drupal scale to millions and connect with a wide range of emerging technologies.
- New in 2012! Drupal Business Owners Summit - BADCamp's take on the traditional "business summit" which will focus on connecting Drupal business owners together to make better Drupal businesses and help make Drupal a better place for everyone.
- New in 2012! Drupal UX/UI Summit - A focused summit on all things related to UX/UI, with a strong focus on UX/UI improvements in Drupal 8
- New in 2012! Drupal Product Summit - A discussion of all things related to Drupal distributions and products from a range of experts in the Drupal distribution and product space.
- New in 2102! Drupal Mobile Summit - A gathering of designers, engineers, and sitebuilders to jam about mobile - what it can do, what we've done, and where we're going to bring Drupal to every device.
- Drupal Non Profit Summit - A space for non-profit tech people to connect with each other and share knowledge about the pros, cons, highs, and lows of using Drupal in the non-profit world.
- Drupal Higher Education Summit - A day filled with university folks sharing their stories about how higher education uses Drupal to improves the lives of faculty, students, and staff across the country.
- Core Developer Summit - An intense day of focused work and planning for everyone interested in core development (new people welcome!) and how to make Drupal 8 the best it can be.
BADCamp Training - Thursday and Friday
On Thursday and Friday, leading Drupal training providers will help BADCamp attendees learn more about Drupal. We are offering the following classes:
- Drupal Immersion for Beginners
- Drupal Community Tools: From IRC to Git
- PHP for Non-Programmers
- Multilingual Drupal Sites
- Drupal E-Commerce
- Theme Development
BADCamp Sessions and BoFs - Saturday and Sunday
On both Saturday and Sunday, BADCamp will feature sessions and BoFs from leading lights in the Drupal community about a wide range of topics - including a strong focus on the latest and greatest efforts for Drupal 8. We just started accepting sessions, but you can check out our proposed session list and submit your own today. BoFs will be handled on a first come, first served basis during the conference so be sure to check the our whiteboards for the latest and greatest.
In addition, there will also be a large exposition hall for all our wonderful sponsors, several evening parties to chat Drupal and otherwise with your fellow attendees, plenty of code sprints hosted in our ChX coder lounge, and a wider range of associated events happening at the social event of the season, BADCamp 2012.
BADCamp is a volunteer run and free to attend event put on by the San Francisco Bay Area Drupal community to help make Drupal an even better community and content management system. It is most important that you come to the camp and have a good time, but if you are able to please sponsor the event as an individual or company. If you have any questions about anything BADCamp, please contact us and see everyone this November!