Last updated by silverwing on Thu, 2011-07-14 20:26
This document was approved by the European Regional DrupalCon Organizers after a discussion and vote on September 24, 2009.
The Location Selection Taskforce will use these criteria to evaluate locations, teams, and venues. Each item will be given 1 to 3 points. In addition, the events organizing firm hired by the Drupal Association will evaluate locations and venues with their own criteria geared at production issues, and return a ranked list of preferred venues. Finally, a preference poll open to anyone in the Drupal community will be run, and this too will generate a numeric score that will influence the recommendation to the BoD.
All proposals and their scorecards for all will be published openly. Every individual item's score will be published along with the final sum and any explanation, criticism or praise the selection taskforce feels appropriate.
In the case of tiebreakers or selection taskforce decisions that might appear to contradict scorecard results, the taskforce will be required to defend their decision publicly.
- Team meets regularly
- Team has hosted events
- Team is large and structured
- Proposal is well crafted and carefully prepared
- Proposal was submitted on time
- Proposal includes space/infrastructure for BOFs, multiple presentation tracks, trade fair.
- Proposal includes "green stuff": public transport, short (walking) distances, rail connections from airport(s) and so on. Innovative concepts for "greening" cons higly encouraged.
- Location is easily accessible
- Accessible in terms of public transport
- Accessible in terms of "barrier free" for all
- Location has nice local attractions
- Location reaches a new European DrupalCon audience (spread the love - there are plenty of places to go before we repeat any locations)
- Location has strong business or media interest/involvement in Drupal
- Location is popular among Drupal Community (open poll)
- Venue can support 1500-2000 people
- Venue is close to hotels and restaurants
- Venue costs are reasonable
- Venue contracts are reasonable