Small local sprints everywhere (well, not everywhere, but anywhere) are being planned for the weekend of March 9 and 10 2013.
UPDATE: Next event: Drupal Global Sprint Weekend January 25, 2014 and January 26, 2014
This is a wiki page. Please edit.
List of participating sprints:
- Budapest, Hungary, March 9th, Drupal 8 Multilingual Initiative sprint
- Szeged, Hungary, March 9th, Drupal Sprint Weekend
- CA, USA, March 9th and 10th, Twig Sprint
- Chicago, IL, USA, , March 9, 2013, All-day Sprint
- Oak Park, IL, USA, , March 10, 2013, All-day Sprint. (*Oak Park Post Sprint Write-up by YesCT*)
- Northville, MI, USA, March 9, 2013, 11AM-5PM,
- New England House, Brighton UK, BAD Ass Drupal Sprint Weekend Sat 9th & Sun 10th March @ibluebag
- Drupal Somerset, UK: Drupal Sprint Weekend Sat 9th (12-6pm) & Sun 10th (10-4pm) March Langport, UK
- Hamburg, Germany, March 9 and 10 @comm-press, Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Canberra, ACT, Australia, March 9th-10th (9AM-late), Drupal Sprint Weekend
(*Canberra write-up by Adam Malone*)
- Sacramento, CA, USA March 9, 2013 9-5pm and March 10, 2013 10-4pm, Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Sweden March 9, 2013 9-5pm, Drupalcamp Stockholm,
- London, ON, Canada, March 9, 2013, All day sprint,
- Sydney, NSW, Australia, March 9, 2013, All day sprint
- Chennai, India, March 9, 2013, Drupal All-day Sprint (*Shyamala's Post Sprint Write-up*)
- Cleveland, Ohio, USA: March 9, 12pm-4pm, March 10, 12pm-4pm
- Milano, Italy, March 9, 2013, Drupal All-day Sprint
- Global, March 9 & 10, Documentation Sprint Weekend
- Burlington (Boston), MA, Hosted by Acquia, March 9, Drupal 8 core sprint, part of the Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Portland, Oregon, March 9 - 10, Portland Drupal Spring
- Barcelona, Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Frankfurt, Germany (March 9-10), Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Zurich, Switzerland - March 9+10 - Drupal Sprint Weekend in Zurich at MD Systems
- Ottawa, Sprint Weekend
- Los Angeles at Droplabs, Drupal Sprint Weekend
- Vancouver March 9th, Drupal Sprint Day
- Enschede, The Netherlands, March 9, Drupal 8 sprint
- Vienna, Austria, March 9+10. Drupal Sprint Weekend Vienna
- Prague, Czech Republic, March 9, Drupal Sprint Day
- Munich, Germany, March 10 Drupal Sprint Weekend Munich hosted by @Wunderkraut
- Twin Cities, Minnesota - Drupal Sprint Saturday
- Paris, France - March 9 Drupal Sprint Participation by IDEIA
- Halifax, NS, Canada - March 9 - Drupal Nova Scotia
- use "Drupal Sprint Weekend" in the description of your sprint meetup, sprint camp session, mini-sprint, wind-sprint, or all-day sprint, like: "Drupal All-day Sprint in Anywhere Town, IL, USA is part of the Drupal Sprint Weekend."
- add a link to your sprint on this page. The link can be to a website, meetup, event on groups.drupal.org, blog post or whatever is appropriate for your event.
- link back to this listing of local sprints
- add an "event" of type "sprint" on groups.drupal.org in a group for your area, to put your sprint on drupical.com and get exposure to people in your area
- use the hash tag #SprintWeekend
For resources to help plan your sprint:
- Planning a sprint
- Core Office Hours Doc: How to lead a sprint
- Preparations for Sprint Weekend and Bringing in people include how to groom issues so others can work on them.
- irc planning meetings, show up last minute, or indicate ahead of time if possible on: http://doodle.com/rn63c43zfvnh955g (Feb 18, Feb 26, March 5, March 7)
Resources for participating in a sprint:
- Set up for your laptop has twig specifics, but good general resources too.
- Learn Drupal 8 now by helping to make it more unified and user/developer friendly
- Drupal 8 change notifications
- Resources for contributed module developers: Upgrading your modules to Drupal 8 (first video) and D8CX: The Reckoning.
- Preparations for Sprint Weekend includes what to bring, and how to find/groom issues.
- Last minute things like: use irc, and post a comment when about to work on an issue.
- Drupalize.me free Community videos
A blurb to add to your session/event description (edit to fit your event):
Everyone is welcome; if you have built a site in Drupal, you can contribute. We will split into pairs and work on Drupal core issues. Bring your laptop. If possible, install git before coming and git clone Drupal 8 core. For new folks: you can get a head start also by making an account on Drupal.org and taking a look at the Drupal Ladder http://drupalladder.org/