This group is for planning and supporting Drupal code sprints. It'll also be the place to evaluate and make recommendations on (limited!) Drupal Association code sprint funding, see these guidelines.
If you're looking for a hand getting a sprint organized, post here and we'll try to get you what you need.
If you're planning a sprint, please post here to let people know what you're planning.
If you've hit up other sources and still need a bit of funding to make your sprint happen, you can apply here for Drupal Association help. To apply: Create a post here called "Sprint funding request for [description of sprint]" e.g. "Sprint funding request ." Give details about your sprint. See the guidelines for a list of what details will be needed. If you've already posted a sprint announcement, you can link to it and give just the extra details that are needed.
If you're willing and available to be a mentor for code sprint organizers and also review and decide on Drupal Association funding for code sprints, please sign up for this group and then contact the group manager to be added as an admin of this group. Sprint group admins will be responsible for making finding recommendations.
For more information on Drupal sprints, see the handbook section on sprints on drupal.org.
Are you a Drupal developer, themer, designer, Tester,Documentation writer, Project planner, or Drupal beginner? If so, come and join the Drupal community and working face to face on Drupal core, contrib modules, handbook documentation and explore other ways to contribute back.Read more
We have a great tradition of extended sprints around big Drupal events including DrupalCons and Drupal Dev Days. While there is a sprint day included in DrupalCons (usually) on Friday, given that a lot of the Drupal core and contrib developers fly in for these events, it makes a lot of sense to use this opportunity to start sooner and/or extend our stay and work together in one space on the harder problems.
DrupalCon Los Angeles is next up! DrupalCon and the Drupal Association continue to recognize the need for extended sprints as part of the schedule and are providing space on Monday, and helping organize space for the weekends before and after also! The host event is looking for sponsors to help make the sprints happen, so you have a comfortable environment with internet, coffee, tea and maybe food. There are already various sprints signed up including Multilingual, Drupal.org, Rules, Media, Content staging, Migration and Frontend. We are really friendly and need all kinds of expertise!
Now is the time to consider if you can be available and book your travel and hotel accordingly!Read more
We have a great tradition of extended sprints around big Drupal events including DrupalCons and Drupal Dev Days. Given that a lot of the Drupal core and contrib developers fly in for these events, it makes a lot of sense to use this opportunity to start sooner and/or extend our stay and work together in one space on the harder problems.
Drupal Dev Days Montpellier France is next up! Monday April 13 2015 to Sunday April 19 2015. The host event is looking for sponsors to help make the sprints happen, so you have a comfortable environment with internet, coffee, tea and maybe food. There are already various sprints signed up including Multilingual, Drupal 8 critical burndown, documentation, and Frontend. We are really friendly and need all kinds of expertise!
Now is the time to consider if you can be available and book your travel and hotel accordingly!Read more
This is a place holder to get MWDS on the calendar.
Wednesday August 12 - Saturday August 15
All sprint days. No sessions.
Focus on getting Drupal 8 released (and some key contrib ports to Drupal 8).
More details soon.
Will be hosted in Chicago at http://palantir.net/
2211 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60614
As a part of global sprint event, there will be one day gathering for small group of developers.
Number of places is very limited, communicate https://www.drupal.org/u/shurik-barkov to reserve your slot.
We are holding a virtual sprint during the Drupal Global Sprint weekend, January 17-18. See https://groups.drupal.org/node/447258
The goal of this sprint is to work on project application reviews, particularly helping the Git admins reduce the current RTBC backlog.
Please signup if you are interested in participating. Collaboration for the sprint will happen in the #drupal-codereview IRC channel.
Come and join us for a great day of sprinting on Saturday, January 17! We will be taking part in the Drupal Global Sprint Weekend 2015: https://groups.drupal.org/node/447258 #SprintWeekend.
This is currently a single, all day event. (If there's enough interest/volunteer help, we can expand it to include Sunday as well.)
What is a sprint? https://drupal.org/sprints
Everyone is welcome to join in; people new to drupal or experienced devs, any ages. We can find tasks for every skill set and skill level. We will split into pairs if possible and work on Drupal core issues.Read more
Noi di Wellnet aderiamo al Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 e invitiamo tutti i Drupalisti italiani il giorno 17 gennaio dalle 09.30 alle 17.30 presso la nostra sede di Piazza Cadorna 13 in Milano centro.
Che tu sia un esperto di Drupal o abbia solo creato un sito amatoriale questa è l'occasione giusta per contribuire al progetto e partecipare attivamente alla Community attraverso bug fixing, documentazione e traduzione.
Divideremo i partecipanti in gruppi e lavoreremo sulle issue del core. Porta il tuo laptop!Read more
This is an event placeholder for the sprints at DrupalCamp Brighton so a little marker appears on drupical.
For event details please see www.drupalcampbrighton.co.uk/
Last updated by LewisNyman on Wed, 2015-01-07 12:36
At DrupalCamp Ghent, we held a very small frontend BOF, with myself, Laurii, Emma.maria, and guest frontender Xano.
It quickly became a retrospective on the Friday sprints that took place at DrupalCon Amsterdam. The collective thoughts were not positive. It felt like we fell way short of our goals and potential for the Friday sprint. Drupalcon Friday sprints are about introducing people to sprinting and it feels like we failed badly at that.
Here were some of the problems:
- Newbies did not get enough help
- The few people helping the newbies did not get enough support
Small local sprints everywhere (well, not everywhere, but anywhere) will be held during the weekend of January 17 and 18 2015. Listed alphabetically by continent, country, locality.
This is a wiki page. Please edit.
Places with Local Sprints
Africa (ordered by country, then city)
Asia (ordered by country, then city)
- Bangalore, India. 17th January
RECAP post: https://groups.drupal.org/node/452833#comment-1082408
- Chennai, India. 18th January
- Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), India. 17th -18th January
- Mumbai, India. 17th January
- Pune, India. 17th January
- Goa, India. 18th January
Europe (ordered by country, then city)
- Ghent, Belgium. 17th - 18th.
- Sofia, Bulgaria. 17th-18th. Init lab Hackerspace
- Berlin, Germany. 17th - 18th.
- Munich, Germany. 17th - 18th. Location to be announced. https://groups.drupal.org/node/447263
- Schwerin, Germany. 17.01. - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 in Schwerin, Germany
- Budapest, Hungary, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/450943
- Milan, Italy, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/453373
- Skopje, Macedonia, 17th - 18th
- Groningen, The Netherlands January 18th - http://drupal.nl/evenement/drupal-global-sprint-weekend-groningen
- Serbia, Novi Sad. 17th - Drupal all-day sprint
- Wroclaw, Poland, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/447633
RECAP blog: http://www.ratioweb.pl/blog/drupal8-codesprint-drupal-community/drupal-g...
- Cáceres, Spain. 17th.
- Madrid, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Barcelona, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Sevilla, Spain. 17th-18th. Location: Cocomore (Avda Jerez 21, Bellavista)
- Valencia, Spain. 17th - 18th.
RECAP blog (all of Spain): http://asociaciondrupal.es/es/cronica-global-sprint-weekend
- Vienna, Austria. 18th. Location: drunomics office
- Zurich, Switzerland. 17th - 18th. Amazee Labs
- Brighton, United Kingdom. DrupalCamp Brighton, UK (g.d.o. event).
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 18th
Latin America (ordered by country, then city)
- Bolivia, Cochabamba. Jan 17, 18. Contribute to drupal!
- Colombia, Bogotá. Jan 17. Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 - Bogotá, Colombia
- Costa Rica, San José. Jan 17 and 18. Sprint with us at Anexus!
- Nicaragua, León. Jan 17. Learn how to contribute to Drupal at MTech!
US & Canada (ordered by country, then state/province, then city)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015. Jan 17 & 18. Location: The Jibe @joelpittet.
- London, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17. Location: Digital Echidna.
- St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada Jan 17. Location: Cowork Niagara.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17th, 10am-5pm. Location: BrightLane Inc.
- Montréal, Québec, Canada. Jan 17 & 18. Location: Kafei Interactive office 903 Bélanger (station Jean-Talon).
- Chicago, Illinois, USA. Jan 17 and 18 Chicago Illinois USA Drupal Global Sprint Weekend 2015 meetup.com page location: http://www.dbridgesolutions.com 210 N Racine Ave | 2M | Chicago
- Iowa City, Iowa, USA. Jan 17 9am - 5pm - Event post
RECAP blog: http://brandonneil.com/blog/2015/iowa-city-drupal-global-sprint-weekend-...
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 5pm - Event Page
- Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 4:00pm Event Page
- New York, NY, USA on Jan 17. Come sprint with us!
- Asheville, North Carolina, USA. Jan 17th. g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
- Portland, Oregon, USA. Jan 17 and 18. New contributors welcome, join us!
- Austin, Tx, USA. Jan 17 9am - 6pm Location: Capital Factory
- Washington DC, USA. Jan 17 Eventbrite registration location: 1110 Vermont Avenue NW Suite 500, Washington, DC
- Chattanooga TN, USA. Jan 17 10am to 4pm g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
Drupal camp 2014 is going to held at Datumsquare Islamabad on 13 September 2014 .
Session submissions are open. You can also register as attendees and be part of a world class training
program free . Register here for free at
We've been discussing Sprint Weekends for quite a while now so I thought now I've got the @vbrighton space we can start putting some dates in the diary. I've set up two events for April, please sign up to your preferred one. Even if you only can pop in for a couple of hours it's all appreciated!
Also would be good to hear feedback on the idea of calling it "Community Open Weekends" so if anyone's interested in learning more about Drupal we can incorporate a session or two or other kind of activities - please post ideas!
Middle of the month:Read more
We will reschedule in May. Date to be announced shortly.
TC Drupal is planning our next quarterly sprint at the offices of TEN7 on Saturday - April 19th, 2014 (10:00am - 4:00pm). Lunch will be provided. * TEN7
* 718 Washington Ave. N - Suite 301
* Minneapolis, MN 55401 Mentors will be available to help beginners. We will also have some folks contributing to Drupal documentation. Sign up HERE on groups.drupal.org! More information to come.....
The Association Drupal Serbia proudly presents the "Drupalcamp Novi Sad"!
This time, as a four day event, we are going to start with sprints on Thursday and Friday, and then continue with presentations on various Drupal related subjects for the two days over the weekend.Read more
Today is our official call for barn raising applications at this year's GLADCamp, the Greater Los Angeles Drupal Camp!
On March 9, 2014, we'll be building a website from scratch to include much needed functionality, design, and other work required by a local 501c3 non-profit organization.
This event is "Drupal for Good in action" and is a teach-and-learn opportunity for our local Drupal community and is a win-win-win for everyone.
What's a Barn Raising?
From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_raising
- A "barn raising" describes a collective action of a community, in which a barn for one of the members is built or rebuilt collectively by members of the community.
- Barn raising was particularly common in 18th- and 19th-century rural North America. A barn was a necessary structure for any farmer, for example for storage of cereals and hay and keeping of animals. Yet a barn was also a large and costly structure, the assembly of which required more labor than a typical family could provide.
- Barn raising addressed the need by enlisting members of the community, unpaid, to assist in the building of their neighbors' barns. Because each member was entitled to recruit others for help, the favor would eventually return to each participant.
Just replace the word "barn" in the description above with "website" and you'll see that we've adapted this "barn raising" model for the digital world.Read more
Saturday, February 22, 2014, in Turin at ToolBox (http://toolboxoffice.it/) will be held the first "Drupal Code Sprint" (http://drupal.org/node/247982) scheduled for the year 2014.
You are all invited to discuss and contribute to the release of Drupal 8 and the improvement of Drupal (http://www.drupalitalia.org/).
The event is organized by the Italian Drupal Association (http://www.drupalitalia.org/).Read more