This group is for planning and supporting Drupal code sprints. It'll also be the place to evaluate and make recommendations on (limited!) Drupal Association code sprint funding, see these guidelines.
If you're looking for a hand getting a sprint organized, post here and we'll try to get you what you need.
If you're planning a sprint, please post here to let people know what you're planning.
If you've hit up other sources and still need a bit of funding to make your sprint happen, you can apply here for Drupal Association help. To apply: Create a post here called "Sprint funding request for [description of sprint]" e.g. "Sprint funding request ." Give details about your sprint. See the guidelines for a list of what details will be needed. If you've already posted a sprint announcement, you can link to it and give just the extra details that are needed.
If you're willing and available to be a mentor for code sprint organizers and also review and decide on Drupal Association funding for code sprints, please sign up for this group and then contact the group manager to be added as an admin of this group. Sprint group admins will be responsible for making finding recommendations.
For more information on Drupal sprints, see the handbook section on sprints on drupal.org.
Location: NIH Bethesda MD
Extended sprint dates: Saturday, July 25 - Sunday, July 26
Location: Forum One, 1110 Vermont Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005
What is a code sprint?
A code sprint is for anyone who uses Drupal. Contributors of all skillsets and levels are welcome and are encouraged to attend.
Why should I attend?
Because you want to contribute to Drupal! Attending a sprint allows you to become part of this unique community and helps further the open source mission by improving Drupal for hundreds of millions of people.
You must have heard about CodeSprints. Those who have and attended these Sprints knows how much fun it is to be a part of these events. Well! If you haven’t then just to give you a brief
- Here you work in groups and lots of issues gets RTBC (Review And Tested By Community) in a day means it's really productive.
- We all collaborate to solve issues and in the process learn and raise our skill level.
- Learners get the opportunity to be mentored by our experienced mentors. https://www.drupal.org/contribute
Goal: Get indulge into the contribution culture of Drupal / Open Source
Learn how to:
- Review patches
- Submit patches
Date: 30 May 2015
Innoraft Solutions Pvt Ltd
505, 5th Floor
Building No 1
British India Street
Near Great Eastern Hotel
Kolkata - 700069
West Bengal, India.
PS: We would need some folks to volunteer as a mentor. Please devote some time from your schedule.
June 13-14, 2015, the Central NJ Drupal Group is hosting a core sprint focusing on the upcoming release of Drupal 8.
The current plan is to focus on [meta] Remove or document every SafeMarkup::set() call to continue the work done at the recent Drupal 8 theme system critical issues sprint (June 5-7 in Portsmouth, NH) Please look at that issue if you will attend.Read more
We in the NH Drupal group would like to announce NHDevDays, a series of code sprints to be held throughout NH during 2015.
In lieu of a DrupalCamp, the NH Drupal group organizers have decided to run a series of code sprints throughout 2015. Each code sprint will be a single day dedicated to both helping newcomers learn the steps involved in contributing to one of today’s largest open source projects, and a venue for existing contributors to help others and collaborate in person.
NHDevDays #1 - KeeneRead more
Are you a Drupal developer, themer, designer, Tester,Documentation writer, Project planner, or Drupal beginner? If so, come and join the Drupal community and working face to face on Drupal core, contrib modules, handbook documentation and explore other ways to contribute back.Read more
We have a great tradition of extended sprints around big Drupal events including DrupalCons and Drupal Dev Days. While there is a sprint day included in DrupalCons (usually) on Friday, given that a lot of the Drupal core and contrib developers fly in for these events, it makes a lot of sense to use this opportunity to start sooner and/or extend our stay and work together in one space on the harder problems.
DrupalCon Los Angeles is next up! DrupalCon and the Drupal Association continue to recognize the need for extended sprints as part of the schedule and are providing space on Monday, and helping organize space for the weekends before and after also! The host event is looking for sponsors to help make the sprints happen, so you have a comfortable environment with internet, coffee, tea and maybe food. There are already various sprints signed up including Multilingual, Drupal.org, Rules, Media, Content staging, Migration and Frontend. We are really friendly and need all kinds of expertise!
Now is the time to consider if you can be available and book your travel and hotel accordingly!Read more
We have a great tradition of extended sprints around big Drupal events including DrupalCons and Drupal Dev Days. Given that a lot of the Drupal core and contrib developers fly in for these events, it makes a lot of sense to use this opportunity to start sooner and/or extend our stay and work together in one space on the harder problems.
Drupal Dev Days Montpellier France is next up! Monday April 13 2015 to Sunday April 19 2015. The host event is looking for sponsors to help make the sprints happen, so you have a comfortable environment with internet, coffee, tea and maybe food. There are already various sprints signed up including Multilingual, Drupal 8 critical burndown, documentation, and Frontend. We are really friendly and need all kinds of expertise!
Now is the time to consider if you can be available and book your travel and hotel accordingly!Read more
This is a place holder to get MWDS on the calendar.
Wednesday August 12 - Saturday August 15
All sprint days. No sessions.
Focus on getting Drupal 8 released (and some key contrib ports to Drupal 8).
More details soon.
Will be hosted in Chicago at http://palantir.net/
2211 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60614
As a part of global sprint event, there will be one day gathering for small group of developers.
Number of places is very limited, communicate https://www.drupal.org/u/shurik-barkov to reserve your slot.
We are holding a virtual sprint during the Drupal Global Sprint weekend, January 17-18. See https://groups.drupal.org/node/447258
The goal of this sprint is to work on project application reviews, particularly helping the Git admins reduce the current RTBC backlog.
Please signup if you are interested in participating. Collaboration for the sprint will happen in the #drupal-codereview IRC channel.
Come and join us for a great day of sprinting on Saturday, January 17! We will be taking part in the Drupal Global Sprint Weekend 2015: https://groups.drupal.org/node/447258 #SprintWeekend.
This is currently a single, all day event. (If there's enough interest/volunteer help, we can expand it to include Sunday as well.)
What is a sprint? https://drupal.org/sprints
Everyone is welcome to join in; people new to drupal or experienced devs, any ages. We can find tasks for every skill set and skill level. We will split into pairs if possible and work on Drupal core issues.Read more
Noi di Wellnet aderiamo al Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 e invitiamo tutti i Drupalisti italiani il giorno 17 gennaio dalle 09.30 alle 17.30 presso la nostra sede di Piazza Cadorna 13 in Milano centro.
Che tu sia un esperto di Drupal o abbia solo creato un sito amatoriale questa è l'occasione giusta per contribuire al progetto e partecipare attivamente alla Community attraverso bug fixing, documentazione e traduzione.
Divideremo i partecipanti in gruppi e lavoreremo sulle issue del core. Porta il tuo laptop!Read more
This is an event placeholder for the sprints at DrupalCamp Brighton so a little marker appears on drupical.
For event details please see www.drupalcampbrighton.co.uk/
Last updated by LewisNyman on Wed, 2015-01-07 12:36
At DrupalCamp Ghent, we held a very small frontend BOF, with myself, Laurii, Emma.maria, and guest frontender Xano.
It quickly became a retrospective on the Friday sprints that took place at DrupalCon Amsterdam. The collective thoughts were not positive. It felt like we fell way short of our goals and potential for the Friday sprint. Drupalcon Friday sprints are about introducing people to sprinting and it feels like we failed badly at that.
Here were some of the problems:
- Newbies did not get enough help
- The few people helping the newbies did not get enough support
Small local sprints everywhere (well, not everywhere, but anywhere) will be held during the weekend of January 17 and 18 2015. Listed alphabetically by continent, country, locality.
This is a wiki page. Please edit.
Places with Local Sprints
Africa (ordered by country, then city)
Asia (ordered by country, then city)
- Bangalore, India. 17th January
RECAP post: https://groups.drupal.org/node/452833#comment-1082408
- Chennai, India. 18th January
- Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), India. 17th -18th January
- Mumbai, India. 17th January
- Pune, India. 17th January
- Goa, India. 18th January
Europe (ordered by country, then city)
- Ghent, Belgium. 17th - 18th.
- Sofia, Bulgaria. 17th-18th. Init lab Hackerspace
- Berlin, Germany. 17th - 18th.
- Munich, Germany. 17th - 18th. Location to be announced. https://groups.drupal.org/node/447263
- Schwerin, Germany. 17.01. - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 in Schwerin, Germany
- Budapest, Hungary, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/450943
- Milan, Italy, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/453373
- Skopje, Macedonia, 17th - 18th
- Groningen, The Netherlands January 18th - http://drupal.nl/evenement/drupal-global-sprint-weekend-groningen
- Serbia, Novi Sad. 17th - Drupal all-day sprint
- Wroclaw, Poland, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/447633
RECAP blog: http://www.ratioweb.pl/blog/drupal8-codesprint-drupal-community/drupal-g...
- Cáceres, Spain. 17th.
- Madrid, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Barcelona, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Sevilla, Spain. 17th-18th. Location: Cocomore (Avda Jerez 21, Bellavista)
- Valencia, Spain. 17th - 18th.
RECAP blog (all of Spain): http://asociaciondrupal.es/es/cronica-global-sprint-weekend
- Vienna, Austria. 18th. Location: drunomics office
- Zurich, Switzerland. 17th - 18th. Amazee Labs
- Brighton, United Kingdom. DrupalCamp Brighton, UK (g.d.o. event).
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 18th
Latin America (ordered by country, then city)
- Bolivia, Cochabamba. Jan 17, 18. Contribute to drupal!
- Colombia, Bogotá. Jan 17. Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 - Bogotá, Colombia
- Costa Rica, San José. Jan 17 and 18. Sprint with us at Anexus!
- Nicaragua, León. Jan 17. Learn how to contribute to Drupal at MTech!
US & Canada (ordered by country, then state/province, then city)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015. Jan 17 & 18. Location: The Jibe @joelpittet.
- London, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17. Location: Digital Echidna.
- St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada Jan 17. Location: Cowork Niagara.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17th, 10am-5pm. Location: BrightLane Inc.
- Montréal, Québec, Canada. Jan 17 & 18. Location: Kafei Interactive office 903 Bélanger (station Jean-Talon).
- Chicago, Illinois, USA. Jan 17 and 18 Chicago Illinois USA Drupal Global Sprint Weekend 2015 meetup.com page location: http://www.dbridgesolutions.com 210 N Racine Ave | 2M | Chicago
- Iowa City, Iowa, USA. Jan 17 9am - 5pm - Event post
RECAP blog: http://brandonneil.com/blog/2015/iowa-city-drupal-global-sprint-weekend-...
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 5pm - Event Page
- Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 4:00pm Event Page
- New York, NY, USA on Jan 17. Come sprint with us!
- Asheville, North Carolina, USA. Jan 17th. g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
- Portland, Oregon, USA. Jan 17 and 18. New contributors welcome, join us!
- Austin, Tx, USA. Jan 17 9am - 6pm Location: Capital Factory
- Washington DC, USA. Jan 17 Eventbrite registration location: 1110 Vermont Avenue NW Suite 500, Washington, DC
- Chattanooga TN, USA. Jan 17 10am to 4pm g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
Drupal camp 2014 is going to held at Datumsquare Islamabad on 13 September 2014 .
Session submissions are open. You can also register as attendees and be part of a world class training
program free . Register here for free at