Small local sprints everywhere (well, not everywhere, but anywhere) were held during the weekend of January 25 and 26 2014. Listed alphabetically by continent, country, locality. Wrap-up blog and thoughts for the future
This is a wiki page. Please edit (especially to add links to a blog about how your local event turned out).
Thanks everyone! Please enter data about your local sprint into the spreadsheet.
- Bangalore, India, January 25th
Update: Drupal Global Sprint Weekend Report!! in comment on event.
- Hyderabad, India, January 25th and 26th
- Kolkata, India, January 25th and 26th
- Pune, India, January 25th and 26th
- Osaka, Japan, January 25th
- Makati, Philippines, January 25th and 26th
- Leuven/Ghent, Belgium, January 25th (Leuven) and 26th (Ghent)
- Berlin, Germany, January 25th and 26th
- Mannheim, Germany, January 25th and 26th
Blog: erdfisch Global Sprint Weekend 2014 by Tobias Stöckler and
Blog: Sportlich: Drupal Sprint Weekend 2014 bei UEBERBIT
- Schwerin, Germany, January 25th and 26th
- Budapest, Hungary, January 25th
Blog: Sprint Weekend In Budapest and Illinois
- Groningen, Netherlands, 25th January
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania, January 25th
- Saint Petersburg, Russia, January 25th
Blog: Отчет о CodeSprint #4 from konstantin.komelin
- Novi Sad, Serbia, 25th January
- Sevilla, Spain. January 25th and 26th
Blog: Drupal Global Sprint Weekend en Sevilla from the Asociación Española de Drupal
Blog: Drupal Global Sprint Weekend in our Sevilla offices by penyaskito
- Barcelona, Spain. January 25th
- Zurich, Switzerland, January 25th and 26th
Blog: Drupal Global Sprint Weekend Chapter in Switzerland: A big success! from @amazeelabs
- Glasgow, UK, 25th January
- London, UK, 25th and 26th January
- Manchester, UK, January 25th
- Wroclaw, PL, January 25th
- Bucharest, Romania, January 25th
North America (ordered by country, then state)
- London, ON, Canada, January 25th and 26th
- Montréal, QC, Canada, January 25
- Toronto, ON, Canada, January 25th
- Vancouver, Canada, January 24th and 25th
- Los Angeles, CA, USA, January 25th
- Chicago, IL, USA, January 25th
- Oak Park, IL, USA, January 26th
Blog: Global Drupal Sprint Weekend by alimac about the experience of aparticipant, with setup and drush info.
- Boston, MA, USA, January 25th
Pre blog: Acquia puts resources behind work on new Drupal version News about the sprint at Aquia
- Twin Cities (Saint Paul, Minneapolis), MN, USA, January 25th and 26th
- New York, NY, USA, January 26th
- Portland, OR, USA, January 25th and 26th
- Austin, TX, USA, January 25th
- Bellingham, WA, USA, January 25th and 26th
- Milwaukee, WI, USA, January 26th
Blog: How the Milwaukee Drupal community sprints! by dsnopek
South America (ordered by country, then state)
- use "Drupal Sprint Weekend 2014" in the description of your sprint meetup, sprint camp session, mini-sprint, wind-sprint, or all-day sprint, like: "Drupal All-day Sprint in Anywhere Town, IL, USA is part of Drupal Sprint Weekend 2014."
- add a link to your sprint on this page. The link can be to a website, meetup, event on groups.drupal.org, blog post or whatever is appropriate for your event.
- link back to this listing of local sprints
- add an "event" of type "sprint" on groups.drupal.org in a group for your area, to put your sprint on drupical.com and get exposure to people in your area
- use the hash tag #SprintWeekend on twitter
- use the tag "SprintWeekend2014" on d.o issues
For resources to help plan your sprint:
- d.o doc: What is a sprint?
- d.o mentoring doc: Resources for sprint planners: How to plan a sprint
- blog: Planning your own local Global Sprint Weekend January 25 and 26 2014 Sprint
- Core Office Hours (drupalmentoring.org) doc:How to lead a sprint
- DrupalCon Portland session: video on sprint planning and mentoring by xjm, ZenDoodles, add1sun, YesCT
- podcast: There is no crying in sprints from DrupalEasy
- podcast: 084 Global Sprint Weekend 2014 with Cathy Theys - Modules Unraveled Podcast with webflo.
- podcast: Global Sprint Days from Lullabot
- (from 2013) blogs: Preparations for Sprint Weekend and Bringing in people include how to groom issues so others can work on them.
- irc planning meetings, ask any questions about planning or participating during the regular office hours: in #drupal Tuesday 02:00 UTC and Wednesday 16:00 UTC
Resources for participating in a sprint:
- Drupal 8 change notifications
- Resources for contributed module developers: upgrading your modules to Drupal 8. Look at git logs and 8.x issues from modules that have already started a 8.x branch. As you port, first commit a 7.x version as initial 8.x, and make frequent public commits (and issues in your issue queue!). In those commit messages: 1) say what you did, *and* 2) add "per ...." and site the change record, or link to an example in another module that led you to think that was what needed to be done. The "per" is really useful. See also the Pants example module.
- (from 2013 need a 2014 version) Preparations for Sprint Weekend includes what to bring, and how to find/groom issues.
- Use irc, and post a comment when about to work on an issue.
- Drupalize.me free Community videos
A blurb to add to your session/event description (edit to fit your event):
Everyone is welcome; if you have built a site in Drupal, you can contribute. We will split into pairs and work on Drupal core issues. Bring your laptop. If possible, install git before coming and git clone Drupal 8 core. For new folks: you can get a head start also by making an account on Drupal.org and taking a look at the Drupal Ladder http://drupalladder.org/
The curious might want to see the locations from 2013.