Drupal协同贡献聚会(Drupal contribute workshop)是一场全天候的、每月第2个或第3个周六、免费举办，Drupaler在这里相聚 （线上同） 以小组的形式为 Drupal 作各种不同的贡献。[TODO#1]
- 评论及支持：同行代码审查，通过 drupal.org/IRC/IM/QQ群等提供支持
- 请指出您想要申请成为full project、需要同行审核、得到review bonuses的sandbox模块。
- 请指出为非营利机构 创建、可以利用Drupal社区力量的项目。
- 请指出您想要在某场training session中学习或发现新功能、Drupal API。
再次感谢各位积极参加！[TODO#5, TODO#6, TODO#7]
日期及时间： 周六，2013年7月20日，10:00 -19:00[China/Shanghai time]
下一场 session：周六，2013年8月17日，10:00 - 19:00。
The Drupal contribute workshop is a full day, monthly event, free of charge, to be held on Saturdays (2nd or 3rd of the month) during which Drupalers are invited to meet and get closer (online as well) to work in driven groups on various types of Drupal contributions. [TODO#1]
Some might say it may sound a bit ambitious, but unlike some other workshops, we would like to keep the scope open by leaving the choice to the community and each participant to select the initiatives and types of contributions they would like to make/work on.
Here is a quick outline of the contribution initiatives proposed:
- Explore the code, testing and reporting
- Discover, learn/study: organized/structured trainings with tutorials
- Review and support: peer code reviews, support on drupal.org/IRC/IM/QQ Groups/other
- Polish the shape: Design/User Experience(UX)/User Interface(UI)/Theming
- Craftmanship, maintain/create: tickets fixing, module maintenance or code contributions
- Transfer your knowledge: Documentation/translation
- Face reality: Open projects, working with others
- Open contributions: Ideas and suggestions are welcome!
Ideally, we would be able to provide an appropriate working frame to bring participants with different complementary skills to work together towards any type of contribution to the community, as described above.
If you wish to participate, please sign-up first, then it is important that you let us know from the Session contributions list above (also see Drupal Contribute Workshops) which one(s) would apply best to your planned contributions and preferred points of personal interest. It is particularly important for training sessions or sprints on contributed modules, for example.
This event may concern a large range of participants with very diverse backgrounds, experiences or specializations.
Concretely speaking, to take a few very direct examples, if you would have:
- A contributed module in sandbox that you would like to promote to full project and would need reviews from peers and help getting review bonuses.
- A contributed module that would need help with Design, reviewing, fixing, testing, improving, documenting, translating, maintaining, or more.
- A project for a non-profit organization/association that could use some help from the Drupal community.
- An interest in learning or discovering a wider range of features or more specific aspects of Drupal API through a training session.
- A wide range of other applications, see more about Examples of concrete results at Drupal Contribute Workshops.
If you have any ideas, suggestions or proposals for Contributions of any type, please share them with us by submitting comments below. Some proposals could be as simple/clear and targeted as specific tickets in contributed modules' bug trackers for feature requests, or bugs, for example.
Other ideas/suggestions which would require the involvement of several participants, such as trainings, would be left to the selection of others who may express more interest in some topics than others. [TODO#3]
Please let us know your contribution plans and if others express enough interest in suggested topics, after discussion/selection (if necessary), the summary and organization of this event will be updated in the section above, called Session contributions, under the corresponding initiative, to provide more details on participants' role(s) or work to be carried. [TODO#2]
In general, after the event, participants would be invited to join together for a diner or an after party to be able to better socialize, discuss and blend in the local community, in an informal and relaxing environment.
We would greatly appreciate any of your questions, comments, feedbacks, objections, ideas, recommendations or concerns on any aspects of this event or its organization and would surely be glad to provide more information.
Wishing to you all a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year and sincerely hope the upcoming year of the Serpent will see some great contributions on drupal.org from our local community.
Thanks for getting involved! [TODO#5, TODO#6, TODO#7]
This session will be held on Saturday, July 20 2013, from 10:00 to 19:00 at the address indicated below, is freely open to participants and we invite you to sign up now.
Participants may join freely at anytime, but for some activities, such as Discover, learn/study, involving training, it would be recommend to try to stick to what has been planned.
Date and Time: Saturday, July 20 2013, from 10:00 to 19:00 [China/Shanghai time]
How to get there?
If you can't get there, participate online:
Not possible yet, to be further discussed and detailed: any type of tools or software that would allow participants to have interactions and collaborate closer during sessions online. [TODO#1, TODO#4]
Language: Chinese and English (for more information, see Drupal Contribute Workshops, Language matters).
Cost: None other than your own material/laptop.
Food: At the expense of participants. Usually, shared orders and split up bill, or a large choice of local restaurants around the building.
Feel free to contact us at anytime, in Chinese or English, we would be glad to answer your questions or provide more information.
Users: Yvonne Chen (contact form), DYdave (contact form), miloyz (contact form)
Next session: Saturday, August 17 2013, from 10:00 to 19:00.