For quite a long while we had a consistent pace of Drupal 8 Multilingual Initiative meetings every other Wednesday at the same time intermixed with in-person sprints. This is very predictable and easy to put on calendars and plan for. Unfortunately our initial big turnouts on these meetings went down recently and we are only a few people on the IRC meetings usually. However based on the huge success of the in-person meeting in Szeged at Drupal Developer Days 2014 (see picture), it is clear there is a huge interest in getting together and figuring things out together.
So it is logical that we should look at the format and/or timing of the meetings and figure out how best to go forward. Maybe our every other Wednesday slot does not work. Maybe we just need to move the time. Maybe the IRC format does not work best, or we need to alternate the IRC meetings with hangouts like the configuration team does alternating meeting types every other week.
Please answer the following questions in comments to help us move forward:
- Is the IRC meeting medium working well for you?
- Would you suggest we change the IRC meeting format in some way (use IRC but structure meetings differently)?
- Would you suggest we pick different meetings times?
- Would it help if we'd meet every week but at alternating times to accommodate more people?
- Would other types of meeting mediums work better? Hangouts maybe?
- Any other suggestions to make the meetings more valuable or easier to attend for you?
Thanks for your feedback!
Note that I'll be traveling when the next (April 9th) meeting slot comes around, so will not be able to lead that meeting. Feel free to have that meeting in IRC and save the meeting log for later review though.