Drupal 7.29 sucks

ckosloff's picture

I had a terrible time installing a raw Drupal 7.29 in my localhost.
Weird behaviors I never saw before, I tried several times, wasted several hours, and finally had to upgrade via Drush a Drupal 7.28 site.
Behaviors like immediately blocking access to install, chmod solved that.
The most annoying thing is that after setting a maintenance account (user 1 or uid = 1) with a correct password that I did not mistype, it was not letting me in to administrative functions.
Tried resetting password via drush (my localhost does not have email transport), ran the script to get hashtag, ran queries, drush uli, etc.
Bottom line I tried all the arsenal and the damn thing was consistently reporting bad username/password.
After several hours of battling it with several different installs in different databases, setting users with admin access in db. etc. I finally gave up and cheated upgrading a d728 site.


"X sucks" isn't helpful.

Albert Volkman's picture

"X sucks" isn't helpful. Please post an issue to the d.o queues to find out if they're actual issues that might be affecting others as well.

Yes Albert, this was reported

JCL324's picture

Yes Albert, this was reported last Thurs. a day after 7.29 was released. Big mess: https://www.drupal.org/node/2305017


densolis reported this

ckosloff's picture

right below my own post, however what I am experiencing is different.
User 1 cannot get to administration interface because password not saved, and drupal will not set password via drush, crazy.
Dunno if other users are affected by this or if it is a setting in my localhost, because I could set up a d729 site in my BOA server's d729 platform.
But, BOA uses PHP 5.3.28 and my localhost uses PHP Version 5.6.0RC2.
I am still mulling if this could be the problem, anyway I think that I should submit issue to queue with full description.

I would demand a refund.

bhosmer's picture

I would demand a refund.

Thanks John. LOL @ Ben.

Albert Volkman's picture

Thanks John.

LOL @ Ben.

Issue queue is getting bigger all the time

ckosloff's picture

It is a confirmed regression and several patches are being proposed.
At this point I am not sure it would be useful to add fuel to the fire.
Let them sort it out and come with a solution, I will test again after that.

Them is you and us. There

bhosmer's picture

Them is you and us. There really isn't a them.

OK, so l'll say that I will

ckosloff's picture

OK, so l'll say that I will give it a rest until Drupal core devs find a solution, they are aware of problem.
I am not that familiar with PHP (yet) that I can contribute a patch.

@ckosloff It sounds like your

serg2's picture

@ckosloff It sounds like your issue was caused by your PHP version.

PHP 5.3 is recommended for D7 and you were using 5.6.0RC2 . PHP caching changed at around php5.5 so some extra steps are required to make drupal run smoothly. I would guess this was the problem.

If you deviate from suggested paths you should expect that the journey will not be as smooth. In other words, if you put a pencil in a toaster do not expect to get out anything tasty.

System Requirements: https://www.drupal.org/requirements

I finally added my issue to the issue queue

ckosloff's picture

I really don't think that problem has anything to do with my PHP version.
It runs perfectly on D728 and it upgrades to 729 without glitches, via drush.
Everything points to this new security patch, which we already know is defective.
Anyway, let's wait for comments on the issue queue.

Should Probably Restore to 7.28?

Delong's picture

Swapped out 7.28 for 7.29 (minus site folder) on a hosting file manager, and ....update.php responds "no pending updates." Versions of core still show 7.28 of course. Ive spent several hours trying to correct this on forums and chats without any resolve. Unless I get one last magical suggestion, I may cut losses and revert. Thoughts?


ckosloff's picture

They are going to release something this week, them guys.
Read the latest comment on the issue queue.
BTW I entered a different issue at the behest of users of the reported one, since mine is a tad bit different.
I also got some strange behaviors in my BOA server when adding sites to this goddam new platform, still figuring if it's Drupal, BOA, or my impatience not waiting for propagation.

Regress PHP

Michael-IDA's picture

Hi Carlos,

I'd go with its the PHP version of your localhost (PHP Version 5.6.0RC2.)

I just created five (5) brand new 7.29 site builds yesterday on my localhost:

CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-279.1.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 10 13:47:21 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Jul 12 2013 20:35:47)

with zero problems. All were through a bash Drush install script. Okay, it's 250 lines long and highly tuned, but this is the code for the site build:

cd "$VirtHostDir/$Subdomain"
$DRUSH site-install standard --yes --db-url=mysql://$DBUser:$DBPass@localhost/$DBase --site-name="$SiteName" --account-mail="$AccountMail" --account-name="$AccountName" --account-pass="$AccountPass" --site-mail="$SiteMail"

which is nothing special.

My 2 cents,


Group organizers

Group categories

Florida Topics

Group events

Add to calendar

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds: