We decided to start these back up again in the race to RC1. :) https://www.drupal.org/drupal-8.0/get-involved
In attendance: phenaproxima, mikeryan, neclumdul, quietone, lostkangaroo, webchick
Most of the call we went through this great doc that Mike put together on the remaining critical blockers for Migrate in core: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JuOvji4NcvoBfl0R8Ui7P1mjL_21Xbq0RNQT...
Short version as far as RC1 targets go:
- Finalize the migration API (put in expected core functionality and make it extensible from contrib)
- Finalize the D6 => D8 migration (very close)
- Obliterate load plugins which are causing pain everywhere
- Get the "big 4" migrations for D7 => D8 (users, nodes, comments, taxonomy)
- Get the Migrate UI in core so site builders can actually run migrations with just D8 and no contrib modules.
In addition to what's outlined there, neclimdul also pointed out the need to fix the dump process to wild acclaim from Adam.
- (neclimdul) Get an issue up that summarizes the pain with dump stuff
- (phenaproxima/webchick) Get the D7 -> D8 users migration in
- (phenaproxima/benjy) Go over load plugin removal patch; ideally get it committed
- (mikeryan) Get a core patch going for the migrate UI for easier testing by UX/a11y team
- I know i missed something but can't remember and I gotta go :P