Last updated by jp.stacey on Tue, 2017-01-24 13:39
On 28/29 January, Drupal Yorkshire will run a local sprint in Sheffield, as part of the Global Sprint Weekend.
This wiki page will be a place to confirm all details about the event.
Should I come along?
Absolutely! While existing Drupal developers will have an advantage, we still hope to do some mentoring on how to use the issue queues, to get new contributors up and running.
We'll split into groups and work on Drupal core issues. Bring your laptop. For new folks: you can get a head start also by making an account on Drupal.org and getting some contribution tools; developers should try to install git before coming, and do a
git clone of Drupal 8 core.
Union St co-working space, S1 2JP: less than five minutes' walk from Sheffield train station.
Directions on Google map: from the station, go up through the fountains; cross at the lights; go up the pedestrianized street past the Howard and Sheffield Hallam buildings; at the top, turn left and walk past the Sainsbury's and casino on your right; cross at the far corner of the casino, and walk up past the Cheesegrater car park to Union St.
Someone will need to let you in. Ring J-P on +44 7851 913123. There should be a note on the door too.
We've booked the 2nd floor, where the venue's facilities are. Unfortunately there's no lift access to this floor.
An alternative is to use the ground floor, which is a very nice environment too. That doesn't solve the problem of accessible toilets: the nearest "public" toilets are probably over in the Millennium gallery, about five minutes' walk away.
We'd welcome any suggestions on improving accessibility, given our limited budget and therefore choice of venues. It's something small events aren't always hot on, so we'd like to improve if we can.
- Welcome, setup, introductions, explanations
- Break for lunch
- Lightning talks, chat
- 18:00ish onwards
- Dinner and evening drinks
- Break for lunch
- 16:00ish onwards
Sponsors & wanted!
We need the following (starting with the most essential):
- Sponsor for early-morning coffees and/or pastries, on either day: the venue *can* run a cafe downstairs for the morning, but it's a pop-up/volunteer affair so we'd need to order in advance.
- Venue sponsorship: the venue will have an honesty jar for the day, but as a cooperative, Union Street is really helped by any donations, especially any spare £20 notes your company might also be able to put into the jar....
- Sponsor for lunches: there are many options for lunch nearby (see below) but it would be nice if a company were willing to sponsor maybe half a dozen to a dozen sandwich lunches.
- Union St Co-working for hosting us.
- Magnetic Phield for tea, coffee and snacks during the day.
- @rivimey @danharper @johncook for sorting out a projector.