We know that one of the major problems is that it is next to impossible (unless you live in IRC) to know about all the issues you'd like to know about. Let's explore some solutions to that problem. Ideas that we've talked about already include:
- Better tagging, the creation of tag pages (a la http://www.quora.com/Drupal), the ability to follow a tag and be notified when new topics associated with that tag (or it's children?) are posted.
- notification via email (probably digest style, you set the frequency depending on how hard core you are... although, the more hardcore you are, the more likely you are to be in IRC I guess)
- smart aggregation of issues you'll be interested in on your dashboard.
- automatic Tweet notification for those of us who Tweet more than we IRC perhaps?
- being able to invite/ping people to participate in an issue via the issue interface (not just IRC), maybe being able to search a directory for relevant skillsets when you need them and ping people (documenters, UXers, graphic designers, testers etc.)
- a way to broadcast major initiatives so that it's difficult for people NOT to find out about them (rather than now when it's completely hit and miss) - is the dashboard the right place for this? email?
thoughts/feedback/more ideas pls :)