I'm preparing to manage a project for a conference site, and I was hoping that COD would fit the bill. Looking at it, though, I don't think it will do what I need. However, before giving up on it entirely, I thought I would check with folks here to be sure one way or the other.
Here are the problems I foresee--please let me know if any of these are doable with COD:
- This site would be for multiple conferences in multiple locations, ongoing. The COD sites I've seen featured are all one-shot deals focusing on a single conference.
- On a similar note, sessions really need to be linked to their specific conference, and it sounds like this doesn't really happen in COD.
- On that same note again, COD does not appear to be well set up to present or feature past conference materials--videos, transcripts, etc.
- I do not want Presenters to be linked with Users, but to be their own content type.
- Last, and this is somewhat minor, I do not want minor events (breaks, lunch, etc.) to have to be linked from schedules and such to their own, blank, page.
I'd be happy to be told I'm wrong on any of these. Thanks in advance.