Hi folks, the December Santa Cruz DUG meeting will be all about patches! Did you know it is not a module maintainer's job to review patches? Neither did I until I found it buried on this page. It is in fact the community's responsibility's to review patches. According to the doc, "Patches need a positive review by at least two people other than the original author before being declared Reviewed and tested by the community" Trouble is, nobody reviews contrib patches, and it's a big problem. I've been contributing patches for two years and not one has ever been reviewed. I thought it would be a great idea and a service to the community for us to learn the patch review process and actually do a patch review during the December meeting.
I have a patch for us to review and since it is my patch I will be buying burritos for all reviewers. Please bring your appetite and a clean install of Drupal 8 and remember:
- Reviewing and testing patches is perhaps the easiest way for novices to contribute.
- You do not need to be a coder to help review this patch
- You definitely don't need to be a coder to test this patch
- Drupalers of all levels are welcome to the meeting
- You will definitely learn something about how Drupal works
Hope to see you there!