Thank you for all newcomers to HKDUG Drupal 7 Release Party. Would you like to have more general idea about Drupal? Don't you think the party schedule was too hurry for you to get know with other Drupal fans? Or you have more question about Drupal 7 once after install and play with it? So you shouldn't miss the following event!
We would like to provide a specific gathering target for HKDUG newcomers on 2011-01-28. Here are the meetup details so far:
- Introduce yourself
- Group gathering and sharing section
- A brief introduction of Drupal and what Drupal can do for you
- A quick compare between Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla and Plone
- Demo a personal blog setup with Drupal basic functionality
- (UPDATE) We will meet at Lai King MTR station HSB on 18:45.
- (UPDATE) Please take 46M or 90M Outside Yin Lai Court Shopping Centre (Exit A2 of Lai King MTR station) if you miss us.
- (UPDATE) We can order pizza and my wife will prepare some extra food for us :D
- Date: 2011-01-28
- Time: 19:00 to 22:00+
- Location: (UPDATE) Highland Park, 11 Lai Kong Street, Kwai Chung, NT (http://bit.ly/ek82YM)
- Cost: FREE
- RSVP: http://groups.drupal.org/node/119554
- Capacity: (UPDATE) 10~12
- Contact: hswong3i [at] pantarei-design [dot] com, 98530636
- Official hashtag: #hkdug
New Drupal Learning blog launched. Anyone can learn drupal step by step. I update it daily and I have started it from basic php learning so that the person, not having the knowledge of php can develop drupal sites. Here is the linkRead more
We're organizing a for-a-fee commercial Drupal workshop for biz and IT who want to speed up their Drupal adoption for business applications. It's on Jan 28-29 2010.
Register at http://accept.uniforce.net/event/drupal-camp
Uniforce Drupal Camp Team
Last updated by cloneofsnake on Fri, 2009-07-10 09:12
Inspired by Dave's presentation last night, I stumbled upon a blog posting listing a few development shortcut functions:
* dpr – Shortcut for dprint_r. * dvr – Similar to dpr, but uses var_dump instead of print_r. * dpm – Similar to dpr but print_r's a variable as a message using drupal_set_message. * dvm – Similar to dpm but uses var_dump instead of print_r.
The original posting can be found here: http://www.thingy-ma-jig.co.uk/blog/02-10-2007/hugely-useful-hugely-undo...Read more
Last updated by cloneofsnake on Sun, 2009-04-12 14:19
Thanks to Dave for giving us the tutorial on how to use CVS and SVN with Drupal. A lot of the info here were provided by Dave during HKDUG's 2nd official meeting.
John's hostgrown.com has a security measure where files cannot have permissions above 755. This gave us a few headaches when installing Drupal as a lot of the files have 775. Here are the steps I took to install D6.
1) Install / Update from CVS
How to checkout Drupal core from CVS:Read more
Drupal Dojo is one of the groups I subscribe to, tomorrow 11am PST they're having an online tutorial session. Unfortunately, that's 3 am Monday morning for us! May be some of you are interested?
They will have screencast recordings available afterwards, so don't worry if you can't make it.Read more