Join the Hong Kong Drupal User Group for the September 8 meetup. We will focus on setting up your own virtual hosting environment with Virtualmin (http://www.virtualmin.com/), moreover how to tweak your website performance based on YSlow (http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/) analyzes and suggestion. Special thanks to CNNGo.com once again offered us use of their office in Quarry Bay.
The Hong Kong Drupal User Group are open to everyone with an interest in Drupal and are a great opportunity to learn more about what Drupal can do and what folks are building with it.
Here are the meetup details so far:
- (40 mins, by Edison) Live demo of Virtualmin + Debian Squeeze setup for Drupal virtual hosting.
- (40 mins, by Edison) Live demo of website performance tweaking based on YSlow anaylyes and suggestion.
- (20 mins, by volunteers) If you've got a tough problem that you'd like some different perspectives on, let's share it - Please kindly propose your problem here so we will able to prepare in advance.
- Your idea here - Suggestions welcome - Feel free to comment on this post or contact us directly!
- Date: 2011-09-15
- Time: 19:00 - 21:00+
- Location: 30/F, Oxford House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong (http://goo.gl/maps/sdDs)
- Cost: FREE
- RSVP: http://groups.drupal.org/node/173639
- Contact: hswong3i [at] pantarei-design [dot] com, +852-9853-0636
- Official hashtag: #hkdug
- 19:00 ~ 19:10: Kick-off Session. Introduce yourself; enjoy with free pizza and drinks :-)
- 19:10 ~ 19:50: First Session. Live demo of Virtualmin + Debian Squeeze setup for Drupal virtual hosting.
- 19:50 ~ 20:00: Break. Free feel to share your Drupal question/knowledge/idea with each other!
- 20:00 ~ 20:40: Second Session. Live demo of website performance tweaking based on YSlow anaylyes and suggestion
- 20:40 ~ 21:00: Q&A Session. Don't wait and let us know about your issues :D
- 21:00 ~ 22:30: After event drinks. A 5mins walk from Oxford House, we'll have a cafe sharing section with a free drink at East End Brewery (http://bit.ly/foF3Mg).
- CNNGo.com, for meeting room reservation.
- PantaRei Design Limited, for after event drinks.
- There are sponsorship opportunities still available. Email kpyan0l [at] pantarei-design [dot] com for details.
- Volunteers wanted, contact hswong3i [at] pantarei-design [dot] com to help.
Hello, I have started a new blog about drupal tips and tutorials. I regularly post tutorials and videos which I found useful regarding drupal website development while browsing internet. I like to share knowledge among drupal enthusiastic people around the world and also I would like the people to interact with me with their problem and knowledges they have.
Go to http://drupaltutorial4u.blogspot.com for more details.Read more
Thank you for all newcomers to HKDUG Drupal 7 Release Party. Would you like to have more general idea about Drupal? Don't you think the party schedule was too hurry for you to get know with other Drupal fans? Or you have more question about Drupal 7 once after install and play with it? So you shouldn't miss the following event!
We would like to provide a specific gathering target for HKDUG newcomers on 2011-01-28. Here are the meetup details so far:
- Introduce yourself
- Group gathering and sharing section
- A brief introduction of Drupal and what Drupal can do for you
- A quick compare between Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla and Plone
- Demo a personal blog setup with Drupal basic functionality
- (UPDATE) We will meet at Lai King MTR station HSB on 18:45.
- (UPDATE) Please take 46M or 90M Outside Yin Lai Court Shopping Centre (Exit A2 of Lai King MTR station) if you miss us.
- (UPDATE) We can order pizza and my wife will prepare some extra food for us :D
- Date: 2011-01-28
- Time: 19:00 to 22:00+
- Location: (UPDATE) Highland Park, 11 Lai Kong Street, Kwai Chung, NT (http://bit.ly/ek82YM)
- Cost: FREE
- RSVP: http://groups.drupal.org/node/119554
- Capacity: (UPDATE) 10~12
- Contact: hswong3i [at] pantarei-design [dot] com, 98530636
- Official hashtag: #hkdug
New Drupal Learning blog launched. Anyone can learn drupal step by step. I update it daily and I have started it from basic php learning so that the person, not having the knowledge of php can develop drupal sites. Here is the linkRead more
We're organizing a for-a-fee commercial Drupal workshop for biz and IT who want to speed up their Drupal adoption for business applications. It's on Jan 28-29 2010.
Register at http://accept.uniforce.net/event/drupal-camp
Uniforce Drupal Camp Team
Last updated by cloneofsnake on Fri, 2009-07-10 09:12
Inspired by Dave's presentation last night, I stumbled upon a blog posting listing a few development shortcut functions:
* dpr – Shortcut for dprint_r. * dvr – Similar to dpr, but uses var_dump instead of print_r. * dpm – Similar to dpr but print_r's a variable as a message using drupal_set_message. * dvm – Similar to dpm but uses var_dump instead of print_r.
The original posting can be found here: http://www.thingy-ma-jig.co.uk/blog/02-10-2007/hugely-useful-hugely-undo...Read more
Last updated by cloneofsnake on Sun, 2009-04-12 14:19
Thanks to Dave for giving us the tutorial on how to use CVS and SVN with Drupal. A lot of the info here were provided by Dave during HKDUG's 2nd official meeting.
John's hostgrown.com has a security measure where files cannot have permissions above 755. This gave us a few headaches when installing Drupal as a lot of the files have 775. Here are the steps I took to install D6.
1) Install / Update from CVS
How to checkout Drupal core from CVS:Read more
Drupal Dojo is one of the groups I subscribe to, tomorrow 11am PST they're having an online tutorial session. Unfortunately, that's 3 am Monday morning for us! May be some of you are interested?
They will have screencast recordings available afterwards, so don't worry if you can't make it.Read more