A place to discuss Drupal in Higher Education
This Group is a split-off of the Drupal Education Group and aims ito deal with issues and challenges that are unique to Drupal in post-secondary academic environments. This group has been founded as a result of Drupalcon San Francisco 2010 when it became obvious that there was a need for a place to extend the fruitful discussions that began there.
Applications are now closed
Hours: 21.9 hours per week (0.6 FTE) - 3 days a week with a possibility of this increasing to a full-time role
Pay: £32,699 - £39,523 per annum - pro rata (inclusive of London allowance)
Duties and Responsibilities
UCLU is the representative body for UCL students, providing a variety of student-focused services including promotion of events, volunteering, clubs and societies, advice services, sports facilities and commercial services.Read more
We are looking for a new online catalog solution, perhaps one that will not require an API to integrate with our D7 web site.
Has anyone created their catalog or bulletin in Drupal?
- How did it go?
- Can you provide a link to your catalog?
- Did you do it in-house or have outside help?
- Were there any modules that were a particular help?
- Any Drupal development companies you want to mention?
Thanks for any feedback or suggestions...Read more
Does anyone have any recommendations on content access/permissions implementation they can share?
I'm a (relatively new) Drupal developer at private university that's nearing the end of an almost-two-year transition from Coldfusion to Drupal 7. We have around 800 faculty/staff and almost 200 of them need (or want) access to edit specific pages or sections on the website.Read more
The UCLA Library has made a significant commitment to Drupal over the past three years, creating a new web site in Drupal and implementing the Islandora repository (a Drupal front-end to the Fedora Commons repository). We are ready to implement new services and applications in Drupal, some using angular.js. We also have some amazing collections to make publish and allow our campus community to explore, often in collaboration with innovative faculty and graduate student collaborators.
We are looking for a Drupal developer for a full time career (permanent) position to help realize these projects.Read more
The Dartmouth College Library is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a web developer, as we continue to move forward in building and implementing next generation library technologies. The selected individual will work with other developers, small teams of librarians, archivists, and curators to design and develop sites and applications to serve our library collections and exhibitions. We invite you to be a part of our ventures in digital publishing, digital production, digital repositories, and library management systems.Read more
Join a small team of designers, developers, editors, and
marketing specialists to help design and build high-quality websites. Our team
creates the public-facing marketing websites for Harvard Extension School,
Harvard Summer School, Harvard Professional Development, and other programs
within the division. You will have an opportunity to demonstrate your excellent
Drupal design and development skills on high-profile, high-traffic projects.
Working closely with the project lead, you will maintain and develop complex,
The Office of Online Education extends educational outreach and access of University courses, degree programs, and research opportunities to the local and global communities in an effort to serve a diverse population of students who prefer or need alternative methods of delivery.Read more
I looked around for something to do this but couldn't find anything so I started working on a format that will allow for the structured packaging of a series of drush calls. These digestible calls can be chained together or reference each other to form a type of recipe much like chef does; just specific to drush.Read more
Singlebrook Technology, a web and mobile development firm in Ithaca, NY, is seeking a Part-time Drupal subcontractor.
Subcontractor must have availability of 20+ hours/week. Please indicate availability, as well as your hourly rate, in your cover letter.
Must be based in the U.S. (Northeast region / Ithaca, NY-area preferred). Telecommuting is OK. Preference given to candidates able to occasionally meet at our Ithaca, NY offices.
Drupal Module Development
Ruby on Rails
We invite you to a Higher Education summit to discuss the needs and issues specific to using Drupal in educational environments.
All are welcome, whether you are currently using Drupal or looking to determine if Drupal would be a possible solution for your Higher Ed organization. We encourage participants of all skill levels from beginner through expert, in a variety of roles -- site builder, developer, themer, project manager, support specialist, etc.Read more
Higher Education Sites using Drupal
If your school is using Drupal, or if you know of another school using Drupal, please email the site administrator so that they can be added to this list.
- Albany College of Pharmacy
- Adam Mickiewicz University
- Amherst College | Site Info | Case Study
- Appalachian State University
- Arizona State University | Site Info | ASU Drupal Group
- Asbury University
- Ashland University
- Bentley University
- Brock University
- Brown University
- Cal State Monterey Bay
- California College of the Arts
- Confederation College
- Converse College
- Creighton University
- Delaware State University
- Duke University
- Empire State College
- Falmouth University
- SUNY Geneseo: Center for Mentoring and Learning
- Harvard Science | Site Info
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Maria College
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Mount Holyoke College
- North Carolina State University
- Northland Pioneer College
- Ohio Northern University
- Oregon State University | Site Info
- Pasco-Hernando State College
- Penn State University | User Group
- Portland State University | Site Info
- Paul Smith's College
- Royal Roads University (Victoria BC)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)
- School of Library and Information Science at San José State University
- Seattle Film Institute
- Stanford University
- Temple University
- Trent University
- Tyndale University College & Seminary
- Union College
- University of Adelaide
- University of Calgary | Site Info
- University of California, Berkley
- University of California, Los Angeles: Library Site
- University of Colorado
- University of Delaware | Site Info
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Louisville School of Law
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- University of New York at Buffalo | Site Info
- University of North Carolina -Charlotte
- University of Northern Iowa | Site Info
- University of Oregon
- University of Phoenix
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- University of Windsor Law School
- University of Wisconsin-Madison | Site Info | Drupal Group
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Western Governors University
- Western Washington University | Group Site
- Wright State University
- Yale University
- Young Harris College