A place to discuss Drupal in Higher Education
This Group is a split-off of the Drupal Education Group and aims ito deal with issues and challenges that are unique to Drupal in post-secondary academic environments. This group has been founded as a result of Drupalcon San Francisco 2010 when it became obvious that there was a need for a place to extend the fruitful discussions that began there.
Harvard University IT (HUIT – http://huit.harvard.edu/) seeks a highly motivated project manager and business analyst to work as part of a team delivering web solutions with Drupal and our web publishing platform based on the Open Scholar Drupal distribution (http://openscholar.harvard.edu).
The Drupal Project Manager and Business Analyst will:
• Oversee the successful on-time, on-budget and high-quality delivery of website projects, managing project teams through the full project lifecycle.Read more
Harvard University IT (HUIT – http://huit.harvard.edu/) and The Institute for Quantitative Social Sciences ((IQSS - http://iq.harvard.edu)) seeks a highly motivated, creative, and professional web developer to work as part of team developing a powerful web publishing platform based on Drupal and the Open Scholar open source platform (http://openscholar.harvard.edu).Read more
The Coordinator for Web and Multimedia Design reports directly to the Assistant Director for Publications and is primarily responsible for visual design, functionality, creative development and maintenance of the University’s Websites. The Coordinator also works in collaboration with the University’s Web Specialist to develop and maintain the University’s website.
Confirmed Austin class March 18-22, Course DR400, Drupal 7 Site Building & Layout Essentials/5 day course
We have a confirmed Austin class of Acquia's Course DR400, Drupal 7 Site Building & Layout Essentials. This is 5 day course that quickly gets you up to speed on essential Drupal concepts. 'plettster', our own Margaret Plett, will be the instructor. Prepare for a long but productive week!
The University of Iowa Information Technology Services organization (ITS), is seeking to fill a position for a Web Designer/Developer. We're expanding our central Drupal web services team. The job location is in downtown Iowa City, Iowa.
Persons in this position are responsible for working directly with colleges, organizations, departments and end users to create and/or redesign websites in Drupal. Project work could include design and testing of mobile applications.
For more information and to apply visit:
This year, we are proposing two sessions for DrupalCon Portland. Please add your comments to our session proposals so that they can get stronger and be selected by the organizing committee!Read more
I've been playing with the idea of using Drupal as a content management system for Educational content, thinking of any multipage content from a few pages of formatted notes to accompany a lecture to 100+ page online textbooks. I know there are a number of great projects out there that cover this to varying extents, so I didn't want to reinvent what they have done but to look at what might enhance this part of their functionality.Read more
We seek a part-time Linux/Drupal Administrator to join our I.T. staff. Reporting to the CTO, this position will apply a diverse skill set to the ongoing management and maintenance of our Linux and web infrastructure including our new Drupal implementation. The ideal candidate will be familiar with a variety of web modern technologies particularly LAMP. We offer a tech-savvy, fast-paced and creative environment with exposure to all levels of management.
Responsibilities include:Read more
Higher Education Sites using Drupal
If your school is using Drupal, or if you know of another school using Drupal, please email the site administrator so that they can be added to this list.
- Adam Mickiewicz University
- Amherst College | Site Info | Case Study
- Appalachian State University
- Arizona State University | Site Info | ASU Drupal Group
- Asbury University
- Ashland University
- Brock University
- Brown University
- Cal State Monterey Bay
- California College of the Arts
- Confederation College
- Converse College
- Duke University
- Empire State College
- SUNY Geneseo: Center for Mentoring and Learning
- CUNY The Graduate Center
- Harvard Science | Site Info
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Northland Pioneer College
- Ohio Northern University
- Oregon State University | Site Info
- Penn State, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- Portland State University | Site Info
- Paul Smith's College
- Seattle Film Institute
- Stanford University
- Tyndale University College & Seminary
- Union College
- University of New York at Buffalo | Site Info
- University of Calgary | Site Info
- University of Delaware | Site Info
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- University of Northern Iowa | Site Info
- University of Oregon
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Windsor
- University of Windsor Law School
- University of Wisconsin-Madison | Site Info | Drupal Group
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Western Governors University
- Western Washington University | Group Site
- Yale University