After a couple of quiet months, I would like to start working actively again with Openlayers.
My goals are:
- Provide a new release with brand new basecode
- Use the Openlayers library version 3.x
- Maintain the module Openlayers 2.x minimally
Things to be done in OL 3.x
- Strong map data validation and errors management: Not yet done
- Improve openlayers_services and use JS instead of iframe. Not yet done
Things done in OL 3.x
- People contributing ! Currently: 4 Want to join ?
- Use render arrays: DONE
- Use 'openlayers' element in forms (for input and output): DONE
- Better split between CTools plugins and CTools exportables: DONE
- Restore behaviors for things like ol.Graticule etc etc DONE
- Handle source attributions DONE
- Use PSR-4 class naming. DONE
- Geofield integration. DONE
- Create openlayers_spin submodule to display a spin before displaying the map. See Spin.js. DONE
- Use views_geojson for Views(vector) based layers: DONE
Current contrib dependencies
- service_container (/!\ You need PHP >= 5.3.10)
The source code has been published the 12 Septembre, 9 days after initial development and its available through git, checkout branch 7.x-3.x or use Github.
Github is the best way for collaborating. Prefer it to the standard Drupal issue queue.
Want to talk about it, chat on IRC: #drupal-geo on freenode!
UPDATE 23: 31/12/2015: First stable release \o/
UPDATE 22: 10/06/2015: Parc asterix is using Openlayers through the Drupal module !
UPDATE 21: 10/06/2015: You can now contribute to Openlayers on Github. Create a branch, a pull a request, review and it's done ! This is the best way to collaborate on a project.
UPDATE 20: 14/01/2015: http://www.basel.com is the first site to use Openlayers 3.x module ! Congrats @das-peter..
UPDATE 19: 14/01/2015: Renamming the branch 7.x-3.1.x to 7.x-3.x for more consistency.
UPDATE 18: 06/01/2015: Documentation has started, thanks @robertwb.
UPDATE 17: 31/12/2014: User Chriscalip is giving a help hand in the Sandbox Leaflet module.
UPDATE 16: 31/12/2014: First external contribution ! Thanks !
UPDATE 15: 29/12/2014: Demo site for Leaflet online.
UPDATE 14: 27/12/2014: First shot at rewriting the Leaflet module using the same codebase as Openlayers.
UPDATE 13: 08/12/2014: Demo site updated.
UPDATE 12: 13/11/2014: das-peter joined the force and is now maintainer! See it's first commit !
UPDATE 11: 10/11/2014: JS hooks and JS Console output update.
UPDATE 10: 05/11/2014: Updates and new features
UPDATE 9: 15/10/2014: Demo site online.
UPDATE 8: 25/09/2014: Bug when displaying layer, see on GitHub too
UPDATE 7: 19/09/2014: Admin UI, components & JS cache: work in progress
UPDATE 6: 12/09/2014: Source are published !
UPDATE 5: 10/09/2014: Set center of a map using another map, contextual links and hook_requirements.
UPDATE 4: 10/09/2014: Cloning, creating, previewing and displaying maps
UPDATE 3: 09/09/2014: Interactions, map preview and first map working \o/
UPDATE 2: 08/09/2014: Video of the UI and workflows and how data get processed.
UPDATE 1: 04/09/2014: First video of the UI and workflows