This is a DBUG planning wiki to help solidify a Drupal Camp in Central Colorado.
Volunteers (if you want to help out, just add yourself to the list and subscribe to http://pingv.com/mailman/listinfo/drupal)
- Mike Hostetler
- Kevin Bridges - Website tweaks, swag (?), Lunch on Saturday
- John Fiala - Lunch on Saturday
- Greg Knaddison - Stickers
- Laura Scott - Breakfast on Saturday Morning
- Brad Bowman - Session Coordinator
- Al Steffen - Printing, Breakfast on Saturday Morning, Buttons!
- Brian Choc - Lunch on Sunday
- Matt Tucker
- Jono Shuster
- Matthew Saunders
- Kathy Chavez
- Dave Maddox - General site questions day-of
- Paul Coughlin - WiFi Setup on Friday
- Brian Hiatt - General site questions and Setup on Friday
- Tony Shawcross - General site issues - shirts, site cleanup
- Preston So
Location - Denver Open Media - 7th and Kalamath.
- Site map and local eateries
- Up to 4 sessions
- Will we be recording sessions for internet distribution? yes
- Will we be having B.O.F sessions? yes
- Needs sufficient power and internet for attendees and presenters - yes
- Needs volunteers to keep track at the door and welcome people to the facility.
If you want to present, submit the proposal on the camp website.
- Introduction to Drupal Platform and Community
- Drupal, Non-Profits, and CiviCRM (Level 1-2)
- Image Management: Image versus ImageField/ImageCache versus others (IMCE, Asset)
- Panels 2
- Views 2 - The Most Popular Contributed Module
- CCK for D6
- jQuery in Theming
- Securing Your Drupal Site
- Coordinating changes between Dev and Live servers
- Mapping (Google, Yahoo, etc)
- Drupal for Social Good (Drupal and Nonprofits) Level 1-2
- Theming for non-themers (including coding with themers in mind)
- Drupal 101 Getting Started Making Drupal work for you. 0-2 (If there's interest, I'll Present, vordude)
- The anatomy of a Drupal theme (templates, overrides, functions, and making the css your own). 0-3
- Overview of the Drupal module system
- RESTful Web Services and Drupal (Greg Hines; Level 2-3)
- Overview of the new Drupal 6 Menu system (Mike Hostetler; Level 3-5)
- Drupal as an application development platform (Mike Hostetler; Level 2-4)
- Fun with Tokens (Greg Knaddison, ages 6 to 99)
- Intro to Module Development
The event will be during the days of July 26th and 27th from 9 to 5 with some time afterwards to hang out before we have to shut the door.
- Wherever possible we should require sponsors to pay merchants directly
- Who is responsible for for gathering sponsors - all of us.
- Our Current Sponsors
- Sponsor Information
- The facility has most of the equipment that we will need (projectors, power, white boards in many rooms)
- Paul and Greg need to bring their projectors.
- If you have a small power strip it might be nice to bring it.
To Do In Advance
- Decide a date: DONE - July 26th/27th.
- Decide an DONE - everyone is welcome (up to 100, which is likely to sell out).
- Find a location DONE - Denver Open Media
Decide a budget:
Venue cost: Space Donated, need to pay for a cleaning person.
Food cost: ~$15/person/day
- Shirts and swag - ~20/person
- Potential Funding Sources:
- Possible sponsors: every Drupal company in the area, recruiters, hosting companies, book companies, tech gadget stores
- Charging a small fee ($10? only for the second day?) could also be good to make sure people are "serious" about the event
- Volunteer coordinator. With this many people, there should probably be a "help desk" on-site and some sort of registration that will need people.
- Presentation coordinator. Will make up the list of events and schedule the activities for the two days. beeradb is coordinating this.
- Layout and printing Al Steffen has volunteered to take care of this.
- Includes programs, maps of the space,
To Dos (physical at event)
- Name tags for attendees
- Projectors and audio equipment - greggles pcoughlin, and ultimateboy each have 1 projector
- Power outlets/strips
- Hand out schedules and guides to where events/bathrooms are located within the space
- How many concurrent sessions will we be running? Approximately 4
- Will we be providing food and refreshments? yes - light breakfast and lunch delivered.