The Drupal 8 Mobile Initiative is a concerted effort to make Drupal 8 a first-class mobile platform. This is the official place to discuss those challenges and make plans! Want to help?
- Read the introductory blog post by John Albin Wilkins, the D8 Mobile Initiative lead.
- Checkout Shyamala’s Blog on the mobile initiative to find out what we’ve accomplished as of March 2013.
- Read the Mobile initiative page on drupal.org to fine most important places to help. We need documenters, reviewers, thinkers and coders.
To make Drupal a leading mobile CMS platform, the top issues we’ll need to address are:
- Build a Drupal.org mobile guide for Drupal 7 contrib solutions
- Ability to use Drupal’s administrative forms in mobile devices
- Convert all of Drupal 8’s existing themes to be responsive
- Front-end performance improvements (including responsive images)
A full description of the goals and detailed breakdown of associated tasks can be found on the Strategy for the Mobile Initiative document.
In addition to the issues in our initiative, we’ll work very closely with other Drupal 8 initiatives to ensure a complete mobile solution:
Issues to work on
You can find interesting stuff to work on by looking at the different topics in the Drupal 8 mobile initiative issue queue:
Several companies have generously provided assistance to the Mobile Initiative:
- BrowserStack has provided a 10-user license to help initiative volunteers to test our work against a wide variety of browsers and devices.
- Palantir is providing funding for several hours of JohnAlbin’s time each week to lead the Mobile Initiative.
- At our request during Drupalcon Denver, Pantheon created a free service to host sandboxes for any work on Drupal 8 development.
Current signups for
This user has not signed up for any matching content.