On Monday, March 19th, we are organizing a Drupal in Education unconference in Denver; the event will be held at Del Pueblo School. This meetup will follow an unconference format, so if there is something you want to talk about, propose a topic, find some like-minded individuals, and let the conversation start.
The event is free, and attendance at the event is capped at 150 people. To attend the unconference, please sign up here. If we get more than 150 attendees, we will start a waiting list. Please sign up only if you are certain you will be attending.
I'd like to thank and recognize Michael Wacker and the Denver Public School System for allowing us to hold the conference in their space. Also, Melissa Anderson has provided invaluable organizational work to help get this unconference moving.
- 9:30 to 10: Arrive, brainstorm sessions
- 10 to 11:30: Session 1
- 11:30 to 1: Lunch/Ongoing Conversations There are several good food options near Del Pueblo. We are also seeing if we can arrange to have a food cart come to the school to provide another option for people to buy lunch.
- 1 to 2: Session 2: Panel Discussion (see details below)
- 2 to 3: Session 3
We have set up a wiki page on groups.drupal.org for session ideas; if there is a subject you want to discuss, put it on the wiki.
Additionally, if there is interest, we can reconvene at a restaurant/bar later in the day. Location TBD.
The panel brings together people working at different levels within educational systems. The panel includes practioners working in K12, Higher Ed, and the US Department of Education. Within the panel discussion, the focus will range from what the needs are (described in a technology-agnostic way) and what technological developments have proven most useful at meeting these needs.
We are still finalizing the participants of the panel; look for a follow-up announcement to be coming within the next couple days!
For those people driving, on-site parking is limited.
Once you get to the venue, please enter through the West side Galapago doors. Other doors to the building are generally locked.
- Directions from the Convention Center to Del Pueblo;
- Public transportation information, including a trip planner;
- Taxi and fare information.