Welcome to the Florida Drupal Users Group! We have members from all over Florida and most meetups around the state are coordinated through this group. Whether you're from the panhandle, northeast Florida, the Gulf coast, central Florida, the Space Coast, or south Florida, you'll find other Drupal developers and themers here.
Currently, we have regular meetups in the following areas:
- Brevard County (Cocoa Village): first Thursday of each month.
- Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale): 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Orlando: 2nd Monday of each month, 6:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Gainesville: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Jacksonville: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6pm - Meetup.com listing
- Miami Beach: 4th Wednesday of each month, 6pm
- Palm Beaches (Jupiter-Boca Raton): 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Sarasota / SW Florida: 1st Tuesday of each month 6:30pm
- Tallahassee: 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
- Tampa Bay: 1st Thursday of each month - Meetup.com listing
Keep an eye on this page for location and topic announcements for each meetup, as meeting days and times might change month-to-month.
Keep connected with the Florida Drupal Users' Group:
- IRC: #drupal-florida on freenode
- @fldrupalcamp for updates about Florida Drupal camps, meetups, and other events.
- Florida DrupalCamp on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on LinkedIn
- We're looking for someone to create and maintain a Google+ home for Florida Drupal...
Its officially the end of February, which means that Drupalcon Denver is less than three weeks out!
So, this brings up a couple (fun) questions:
- Who is making the trip out west?
- Do we want to do a Denver Steakhouse for the Florida people like we did last year in Chicago?
- Is anyone going on the official Drupalcon Ski & Board Trip?
- Is this anyone's first time to a Drupalcon?
- Anyone familiar with the Denver area and is willing to give tips?
Here’s a couple links
- Drupalcon Parties
- Proof that Denver Airport is one of the most evilplaces on earth
- Must See Denver (from their Visitors Bureau)
- Man vs. Food Denver (Travel Channel Show)
Miami Drupal Workshops
This Saturday March 3, 2012 at 12 Noon until 4PM
Come and join the fun.
For this month we will be working with Views and understanding the Views Module. The Views modules is the most important module when working with Drupal. You must understand
the way Views work to get the most out building a Website using Drupal.
I hope that you will come and join us for the fun.
March 3, 2012
Saturday Drupal Workshop starting at noon until 4pm
March 10, 2012
Saturday Drupal Workshop starting at noon until 4pm
March 17, 2012
The 19th meetup for the Tampa Bay Drupal Users Group is this Thursday, March 1st @ 6pm.
This meetup, Adam will be discussing the Drupal community - where to find answers to Drupal questions, resources for different skill sets, finding and following fellow Drupalistas on Twitter and much more. Since our local group has been growing steadily in the last few months, this topic will be useful to both new and old members as we share and help build a better TBDUG community!
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, at the usual location — Panera on Ulmerton Road:
2285 Ulmerton Rd.
Why spend time learning WAMP/XAMP/MAMP/Cygwin/etc, when websites are deployed on LAMP? Why hack up your Mac/Windows computer?
You will need:
Miami Drupal Workshops
We will be working on Views Module this week. This workshop is for people that need to get more familiar with Drupal. We are out to answer your questions about Drupal.
February 25, 2012 From 12:00 Noon until 4:00 PM
We hope that you will join us for the fun.
Telephone Number Needed: 786-286-0773
801 Arthur Godfrey Road 402A
Miami Beach, Florida 33140
Is that you... the Drupal Developer we've been looking for?
Let me tell you why you're here. You know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life.
You're ready to take the Red Pill--to become atLarge.Read more
We are wondering what other people in Florida think is the best hosting facility. We are pretty small now but hope to grow to significant traffic and don't want to have to move. Reliability, speed and knowledgeable Drupal support are important.
First off - Does anyone have recommendations on Unix/Linux/Ubuntu vs. windows environment? Our current hosting environment is windows 2008 server-based - not specifically a drupal host (Intermedia).
I read a recommendation for Greengeeks, Hostgator and Bluehost. Anyone have experience with any of these?
Even though this is not Drupal-specific, there is already a co-working day planned for this Friday at Tampa Bay Wave. It's just an open, free-for-all co-working event. However, if some Drupalistas show up, we can still talk Drupal and help one another. This is the same spot we met at in January for our coworking event.
Here are the details for this Friday if anyone is interested in attending, please RSVP though meetup.com:
Orlando will be one of the host cities for the first Drupal Coworking Friday. So if you are a Drupal Professional and would like to work along side other Drupal Professionals come out and cowork with us. We'll be at UrbanReThink on February 24th 2012 in the "Garage" all day long (The UrbanReThink cost will be covered by Mediacurrent.)
There are plenty of good restaurants around Urban ReThink so we'll probably do lunch "out". (Meals will be the responsibility of the attendees.)Read more
Just a quick note to remind everyone that we'll be offering a low-cost ($50) Drupal-in-a-Day training workshop on Friday, February 24 in downtown Orlando.
DrupalEasy is now an Acquia certified trainer, so we'll be using Acquia's training materials for this workshop. It is geared squarely at beginners, and is a great opportunity for anyone who is new to Drupal to get some hands-on training in a small class.Read more
We have an immediate opening for a D6 Ubercart 2.x / Apache Solr Contract Developer
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Portfolio of eCommerce sites
Your preferred method for us to contact you
No Agencies Please
Must be willing to work on Eastern Time Zone schedule
Join us for our first Drupal meetup in Jacksonville, FL. We will be discussing future events/locations as well as going over how The Florida Times-Union/Jacksonville.com use Drupal to power a newsroom environment.
We will meet at The Florida Times-Union building in Downtown Jacksonville.
1 Riverside Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
We'll also have punch and pie to serve so that's always a plus. Come down, meet up with other Drupalers in Northeast Florida and begin building upon the great Drupal Community Florida already has.
We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, February 8th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Remote participants(via Skype and Join.me):
Seattle - Chris Parsons @chillin411
Boynton Beach - Mark Laymon @MarkLaymon
Cape Coral - Rob de Koter @Robdekoter
In Person (greater Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Florida):
Jay Epstein @jeppy64
Jeff Locke (adoptek.com)
Leonardo Vargas @leovarg
Pilar Montana @pilimontana
Juan Godoy @tecrbl
Hello Drupalcamp Attendees! We're only three days out from the big event - read below for information on what to expect and what to bring!
If you haven't registered yet, there's still time at http://fldrupalcamp.org/florida-drupalcamp-2012-event-ticket!
1) What to expect: If you're new to the Drupalcamp® experience, you are in for a treat! The day starts off in the Trellon Room (auditorium) with an introduction by DrupalEasy developer, Michael Anello. He will give you an overview of the days events including the multiple tracks, rooms, timeframes, etc.
The entirety of Saturday will be filled with sessions. These will be held in various classrooms and auditoriums within Rollins College. Take a look at the session schedule at http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/session-schedule. Lunch is 11:30 - 1:00. We'll have the lunch area divided into separate 'interest groups' to facilitate networking. You pick where you want to eat!
Definitely don't miss out on Drupal / Non-profit rockstar Michael Haggarty's keynote which occurs immediately following lunch in the Trellon Room (auditorium). Michael is the CEO of Trellon and is a veritable know-it-all in the worlds of Drupal, CRM, and non-profits.
For more info on what to expect at Florida Drupal Camp (heretofor referred to as FLDC), check out this FLDC Flickr set at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9656572@N06/sets/72157626035803684/with/5439954801/
2) What to bring to FLDC: To make the most of the day, here's a quick list on what to bring with you
- Your computer (and power adaptor). Note: make sure your antivirus is up-to-date and all operating system updates have been installed (looking at you Windows PCs...).
- If you want to follow along, load your PC up with the latest version of Acquia Dev Desktop at https://network.acquia.com/downloads/7.x. There are versions for Windows, Macs, and Linux PCs
- Pen and Paper or tablet
- Business cards
- Money for social event afterwards
- Power cord and/or power strips to share!
3) Coding for a Cause - Sunday Feb 12th - On the second day of Florida Drupal Camp, we will be putting on the third annunal Coding for a Cause. With Coding for a Cause, local Drupal developers build a website for selected not-for-profit organizations as a way to build skills in the Florida Drupal community and provide a benefit for the selected organizations. This year Victim Service Center, Orlando Youth Aviation Center - AeroStars, and Feed Florida First have been selected to have new websites developed.
If you plan on attending Sunday's coding for cause, please fill out the following form to help the facilitate better organize. If you do not fill out this form, you may be forced to to fetch coffee and donuts all day :) Don't let this happen. The form is located at http://fldrupalcamp.org/coding-for-a-cause-for-volunteers. Please fill this out ASAP.
See you in three days!
-The FLDC Planning CommitteeRead more
Broward Meetup (second Wednesday of the month)
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Dunkin' Donuts - 9170 State Road 84 (south side of I-595 between Nob Hill and Pine Island) Davie, FL 33324 USA
I will be presenting "Introduction to Drupal Commerce Rules". This is a follow up to last month's discussion of Drupal Commerce: http://groups.drupal.org/node/202633Read more
It's that time again. Please note we are meeting this month at Square 1 Burgers & Bar.
1737 S Tamiami Trail (across from Sarasota Memorial Hospital)
They have great burgers and a good happy hour.
I know it is the week before FL DrupalCamp so lets discuss that and plan out 2012 for the group.
See you at 6:30
Join us on Thursday evening, February 16th at 6:30pm for the latest installment of the Brevard Drupal Meetup Series, 2nd Edition. We'll be having a single discussion as well as continuing work on the Feed Florida 1st Coding for a Cause web site.
- Discussion of "Jay's Top 50 Drupal 7 Modules" (http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/jays-top-50-drupal-7-modules)
Senior D6 Back-end Developer for full-time contract position in Jacksonville FL | SQE (Software Quality Engineering)
Position: Full-time contract position for senior back-end Drupal developer and coach with agile dev experience
Company: SQE (www.sqe.com, www.techwell.com, www.stickyminds.com)
Location: Orange Park, Florida (near Jacksonville)
Term: 6–12 months with possibility of permanent position
Relocation & Living Expenses: Partial
Start Date: March 1, 2011
• 7+ years software development
• 5+ years of PHP system architecture and development
• 3+ years Drupal back-end development (must have D6 experience)