Welcome to the Florida Drupal Users Group! We have members from all over Florida and most meetups around the state are coordinated through this group. Whether you're from the panhandle, northeast Florida, the Gulf coast, central Florida, the Space Coast, or south Florida, you'll find other Drupal developers and themers here.
Currently, we have regular meetups in the following areas:
- Brevard County (Cocoa Village): first Thursday of each month.
- Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale): 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Orlando: 2nd Monday of each month, 6:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Gainesville: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Jacksonville: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6pm - Meetup.com listing
- Miami Beach: 4th Wednesday of each month, 6pm
- Palm Beaches (Jupiter-Boca Raton): 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Sarasota / SW Florida: 1st Tuesday of each month 6:30pm
- Tallahassee: 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
- Tampa Bay: 1st Thursday of each month - Meetup.com listing
Keep an eye on this page for location and topic announcements for each meetup, as meeting days and times might change month-to-month.
Keep connected with the Florida Drupal Users' Group:
- IRC: #drupal-florida on freenode
- @fldrupalcamp for updates about Florida Drupal camps, meetups, and other events.
- Florida DrupalCamp on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on LinkedIn
- We're looking for someone to create and maintain a Google+ home for Florida Drupal...
Even though this is not Drupal-specific, there is already a co-working day planned for this Friday at Tampa Bay Wave. It's just an open, free-for-all co-working event. However, if some Drupalistas show up, we can still talk Drupal and help one another. This is the same spot we met at in January for our coworking event.
Here are the details for this Friday if anyone is interested in attending, please RSVP though meetup.com:
Orlando will be one of the host cities for the first Drupal Coworking Friday. So if you are a Drupal Professional and would like to work along side other Drupal Professionals come out and cowork with us. We'll be at UrbanReThink on February 24th 2012 in the "Garage" all day long (The UrbanReThink cost will be covered by Mediacurrent.)
There are plenty of good restaurants around Urban ReThink so we'll probably do lunch "out". (Meals will be the responsibility of the attendees.)Read more
Just a quick note to remind everyone that we'll be offering a low-cost ($50) Drupal-in-a-Day training workshop on Friday, February 24 in downtown Orlando.
DrupalEasy is now an Acquia certified trainer, so we'll be using Acquia's training materials for this workshop. It is geared squarely at beginners, and is a great opportunity for anyone who is new to Drupal to get some hands-on training in a small class.Read more
We have an immediate opening for a D6 Ubercart 2.x / Apache Solr Contract Developer
Please send the following to email@example.com:
Portfolio of eCommerce sites
Your preferred method for us to contact you
No Agencies Please
Must be willing to work on Eastern Time Zone schedule
Join us for our first Drupal meetup in Jacksonville, FL. We will be discussing future events/locations as well as going over how The Florida Times-Union/Jacksonville.com use Drupal to power a newsroom environment.
We will meet at The Florida Times-Union building in Downtown Jacksonville.
1 Riverside Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
We'll also have punch and pie to serve so that's always a plus. Come down, meet up with other Drupalers in Northeast Florida and begin building upon the great Drupal Community Florida already has.
We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, February 8th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Remote participants(via Skype and Join.me):
Seattle - Chris Parsons @chillin411
Boynton Beach - Mark Laymon @MarkLaymon
Cape Coral - Rob de Koter @Robdekoter
In Person (greater Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Florida):
Jay Epstein @jeppy64
Jeff Locke (adoptek.com)
Leonardo Vargas @leovarg
Pilar Montana @pilimontana
Juan Godoy @tecrbl
Hello Drupalcamp Attendees! We're only three days out from the big event - read below for information on what to expect and what to bring!
If you haven't registered yet, there's still time at http://fldrupalcamp.org/florida-drupalcamp-2012-event-ticket!
1) What to expect: If you're new to the Drupalcamp® experience, you are in for a treat! The day starts off in the Trellon Room (auditorium) with an introduction by DrupalEasy developer, Michael Anello. He will give you an overview of the days events including the multiple tracks, rooms, timeframes, etc.
The entirety of Saturday will be filled with sessions. These will be held in various classrooms and auditoriums within Rollins College. Take a look at the session schedule at http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/session-schedule. Lunch is 11:30 - 1:00. We'll have the lunch area divided into separate 'interest groups' to facilitate networking. You pick where you want to eat!
Definitely don't miss out on Drupal / Non-profit rockstar Michael Haggarty's keynote which occurs immediately following lunch in the Trellon Room (auditorium). Michael is the CEO of Trellon and is a veritable know-it-all in the worlds of Drupal, CRM, and non-profits.
For more info on what to expect at Florida Drupal Camp (heretofor referred to as FLDC), check out this FLDC Flickr set at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9656572@N06/sets/72157626035803684/with/5439954801/
2) What to bring to FLDC: To make the most of the day, here's a quick list on what to bring with you
- Your computer (and power adaptor). Note: make sure your antivirus is up-to-date and all operating system updates have been installed (looking at you Windows PCs...).
- If you want to follow along, load your PC up with the latest version of Acquia Dev Desktop at https://network.acquia.com/downloads/7.x. There are versions for Windows, Macs, and Linux PCs
- Pen and Paper or tablet
- Business cards
- Money for social event afterwards
- Power cord and/or power strips to share!
3) Coding for a Cause - Sunday Feb 12th - On the second day of Florida Drupal Camp, we will be putting on the third annunal Coding for a Cause. With Coding for a Cause, local Drupal developers build a website for selected not-for-profit organizations as a way to build skills in the Florida Drupal community and provide a benefit for the selected organizations. This year Victim Service Center, Orlando Youth Aviation Center - AeroStars, and Feed Florida First have been selected to have new websites developed.
If you plan on attending Sunday's coding for cause, please fill out the following form to help the facilitate better organize. If you do not fill out this form, you may be forced to to fetch coffee and donuts all day :) Don't let this happen. The form is located at http://fldrupalcamp.org/coding-for-a-cause-for-volunteers. Please fill this out ASAP.
See you in three days!
-The FLDC Planning CommitteeRead more
Broward Meetup (second Wednesday of the month)
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Dunkin' Donuts - 9170 State Road 84 (south side of I-595 between Nob Hill and Pine Island) Davie, FL 33324 USA
I will be presenting "Introduction to Drupal Commerce Rules". This is a follow up to last month's discussion of Drupal Commerce: http://groups.drupal.org/node/202633Read more
It's that time again. Please note we are meeting this month at Square 1 Burgers & Bar.
1737 S Tamiami Trail (across from Sarasota Memorial Hospital)
They have great burgers and a good happy hour.
I know it is the week before FL DrupalCamp so lets discuss that and plan out 2012 for the group.
See you at 6:30
Join us on Thursday evening, February 16th at 6:30pm for the latest installment of the Brevard Drupal Meetup Series, 2nd Edition. We'll be having a single discussion as well as continuing work on the Feed Florida 1st Coding for a Cause web site.
- Discussion of "Jay's Top 50 Drupal 7 Modules" (http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/jays-top-50-drupal-7-modules)
Senior D6 Back-end Developer for full-time contract position in Jacksonville FL | SQE (Software Quality Engineering)
Position: Full-time contract position for senior back-end Drupal developer and coach with agile dev experience
Company: SQE (www.sqe.com, www.techwell.com, www.stickyminds.com)
Location: Orange Park, Florida (near Jacksonville)
Term: 6–12 months with possibility of permanent position
Relocation & Living Expenses: Partial
Start Date: March 1, 2011
• 7+ years software development
• 5+ years of PHP system architecture and development
• 3+ years Drupal back-end development (must have D6 experience)
Like most of you, Mediacurrent is getting really excited about Drupalcamp Florida next weekend.
We will be conducting two “Hello Drupal” training classes on Friday, February 10th at Rollins College. There will be a morning (9:00am) and afternoon (1:30) time slot. The course takes 2.5 hours, is extremely affordable ($20), and will be a great pre-cursor to getting familiar with all the Drupal concepts and lingo before the camp.Read more
Session Schedule Announced / Register Today / Only 10 Days Left!
- Only 10 days left until the camp! Register Now! FLDC will be held Saturday, Feb 11-12 in Winter Park, FL. The first day is all sessions, and the second day of the camp is Coding for a Cause.
- Sessions have been announced for Florida Drupal Camp. To view the session schedule, go to http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/session-schedule
- Beer and Drupal! Did that get your attention? If so, be sure to attend our after-hours social event Saturday Evening! Click here for more information!
The 18th meetup for the Tampa Bay Drupal Users Group is this Thursday, February 2nd @ 6pm.
This meetup, Kendall will be discussing the awesomeness that is the Omega theme. How to use it, why to use it, and other great info on how to help move your drupal site from a "mobile version" to "mobile first" with Omega!
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, at the usual location — Panera on Ulmerton Road:
2285 Ulmerton Rd.
Clearwater, FL 3376
Looking for a super awesome junior Drupal dev to work on building out some new features and doing site maintenance & security updates on our existing Drupal site.
We're building out mobile apps that will interface with the site, so we want someone who has a passion for mobile. We're also working on some re-theming, so want someone with some front end skillz as well.
You'll get to work under the friendly tutelage of one of Drupal's most experienced developers (d.o user ID in the 1500's). Edited: senior person will not be on the project.
We are That Exactly LLC -- we're a couple of cool, guys who build Drupal applications for Fortune 500 companies among other things.
We're looking for a Sr Drupal Developer and have our eye on our next project, a lead order platform. Contract to hire.
Local to Broward County Florida ++
We are not looking for a company or team. We want individuals who want to join our team.Read more
I'm happy to announce that Brevard Workforce has given us permission to use some space at their facility in Rockledge, Florida for Drupal Co-working Friday. This means that we'll be able to join our friends in Orlando, Tampa, and around the world for the first-ever Drupal Co-working Friday!Read more