Welcome to the Florida Drupal Users Group! We have members from all over Florida and most meetups around the state are coordinated through this group. Whether you're from the panhandle, northeast Florida, the Gulf coast, central Florida, the Space Coast, or south Florida, you'll find other Drupal developers and themers here.
Florida DrupalCamp 2013 session videos are now available online!
Currently, we have regular meetups in the following areas:
- Brevard County (Cocoa Village): 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30pm (how to create and claim a meetup in Brevard - future topics)
- Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale): 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Orlando: 3rd Monday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Gainesville: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Jacksonville: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6pm - Meetup.com listing
- Miami Beach: 4th Wednesday of each month, 6pm - Meetup.com listing
- Palm Beaches (Jupiter-Boca Raton): 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Sarasota / SW Florida: 1st Tuesday of each month 6:30pm
- Tallahassee: 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
- Tampa Bay: 1st Thursday of each month - Meetup.com listing
Keep an eye on this page for location and topic announcements for each meetup, as meeting days and times might change month-to-month.
Keep connected with the Florida Drupal Users' Group:
- IRC: #drupal-florida on freenode
- @fldrupalcamp for updates about Florida Drupal camps, meetups, and other events.
- Florida DrupalCamp on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on LinkedIn
- We're looking for someone to create and maintain a Google+ home for Florida Drupal...
The Sarasota Drupal Users Group had a meeting May 3rd. We had a very interesting presentation by Stephen Barker.
Stephen reviewed the architectural / design decisions made for a complex site on "Military Visual Journalism" the requirement was for each years class to be able to document "their" project on its own website using a set of common base user / role tables that carry over for multiple years.
It is always interesting to see how you can use obscure features of Drupal (shared tables - using settings.php) to provide great functionality.Read more
Despite the fact that Florida DrupalCamp 2011 was just a few months ago, preliminary discussions about Florida DrupalCamp 2012 are getting started.
As many of you know, Florida DrupalCamp 2011 was held at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. This would not have been possible without the generous support of the Rollins College Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership Center (RCPNL), they acted as our partner and deserve all the credit for making their facilities available to us.Read more
May meetup is tomorrow night at Brogues on the Avenue in the Banshee Room. This month we will be attempting to rebuild the Palm Beach Drupal site on Drupal 7 as a group, should be interesting.
All the info can be found on our Meetup Page here:
I've joined Acquia for a summer internship on there Internet Operations and SysAdmin team. When I return I will be a higher rank, Admiral is what I'm going for.
Join me tomorrow (and others I hope!) for some food and beer at the Orlando Brewing Company
1301 Atlanta Avenue, Orlando, FL
I was working on a new theme for an existing site and while adjusting the CSS settings for a Views Slideshow, something very odd happened.
The site is msvehicles.com
You will need to login to see the new theme I am working on:
I looked at the HTML output and I can see that for some strange reason the Footer was placed inside the div that contains the slideshow.
What I changed immediately before I noticed the problem was the contents of the "rewrite the output of this field" field in views.
Here is what is inside:
Last night the Gainesville Drupal Users Group (heretofore to be known as GatorDUG) held its month meeting (which occurs on the 2rd meeting each month). We had 5 people in attendance (Mike, Jen, Nadia, Ricky, and Mark) this month, which is a bit lower than usual, but it is summer up here (when everyone leaves town).
- Mike demoed a development site and theme that he is working on for www.VisitNosara.com (hopefully to launch within several weeks)
- Mike previewed a new website mockup for www.GatorTailgating.com and ran basic usability tests on the group... this led into an interesting conversation of usability theory and topics.
- The group talked about increasing attendence. We have a 50,000+ student university in our backyard, but only one or two regular attendees from said university.
- Emailing the UF Web Managers email list
- Emailing the UF CCC email list (not sure what that stands for...)
- Emailing the UF Linux email list
- Doing a Gainesville Drupal Users Group Website
- Mike registered both GatorDUG.com and GatorDUG.org
- Jen will handle hosting (via WebEnabled)
- We previewed the Denver Drupalcon website and discovered its not running Drupal!
- ...which led into a discussion on deconstructing live Drupal websites via HTML source, and HTTP headers. Mike will give a session on this next meetup
- Jen gave an awesome demo of the Features Module, and showed us how to export content types, fields, and views, and then add them back by installing the created module
- Mike also demoed the Better Formats Module, which enables Drupal to set a default input format (and therefor WYSIWYG editor) per content type.
Ideas for the GatorDUG.org website
- Members will write an article before giving monthly presentations (this will build up content quickly)
- Facebook integration
- Profile fields to link to profile on Drupal.org
- Members page (a user view) with images of each user.
- Easy to create an account and use.
- Other websites can link to this site using the "Gainesville Drupal" and "Drupal Gainesville" anchor text, which should rank us for those keywords in the search engines
Next Meetup is June 9th!
- Meetup will be held at the Alachua County Library HQ
- Mike will give presentations on Deconstructing Drupal, and also theming Webform submission emails.
- Plus much much more!
- Come see us!
Join us on Saturday, May 21st, 2011 from 1-4PM for a 3-hour meetup at MindComet's offices in Altamonte Springs.
Andrew will be covering an introduction to Multilingual in Drupal 6 and we'll be working on the CFCS Coding for a Cause site that we failed to finish during Florida DrupalCamp 2011.Read more
This month we are meeting on the THIRD WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH due to a conflict with Google IO
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Dunkin' Donuts - Small Conference Room (this site has two conference rooms - our conference room is on the left as you come in)
9170 State Road 84 (south side of I-595 between Nob Hill and Pine Island)
Davie, FL 33324 USA
If you want to participate virtually, send me a Skype connect request to hectoriribarne. I will initiate the Skype call with the people that signed up for the event but are not present at the meetup shortly after 7pm.Read more
The 9th meetup for the Tampa Bay Drupal Users Group is this Thursday, May 5th @ 6pm.
For this meetup, if he is available then Chris (chrisbudy) will likely discuss Views (finally!), as this is a topic that is of interest to any and all users. I am volunteering Chris for this but if he is unable to make the meeting and someone else would like to present on a different topic then please comment on this with your topic of choice.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, at the usual location — Panera on Ulmerton Road:
2285 Ulmerton Rd.
Clearwater, FL 3376
I've taken over maintenance of a site and am trying to make a specific change. There is a form that is used to create a node but one of the fields is free-form text. They want this field changed to multi-select of taxonomy terms. I think I need taxonomy_form but haven't had much success implementing it yet. Does anyone have really good links (besides api.drupal.org) for taxonomy_form?
One possibly important piece of info: CCK is not installed for the handling of content types.Read more
We will have our monthly meeting Tuesday evening at 7pm May 3rd.
Meeting will be at Panera - Bahia Vista / US 41.
Stephen Barker will be presenting a case study of a site he has worked on.
All are welcome to attend - bring your questions / ideas for future meetings.
We are a small team with lots of room to make a big impact.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Howdy. I have a site called www.flurbex.com that was made by someone I dont know. I met them online from another site and they offered to make my entire site for free, which he did. However, I dont know what he did and even if my site needs tuning or updates etc.. I was hoping someone could join my site (free) and tell me what they thought of it. Thank you for your time.
I am building a site that will be a directory -- think yellow pages. So there will be tons of CCK fields, and content types to boot.
There will be quite a few categories (each a content type) with several CCK fields each. Pretty much need CCK Permissions enabled.
But, I am dreading paging through hundreds of user permissions and, worse, scrolling through a mess of fields when building the many Views.
Wondering if anyone has stumbled upon any other tools for making this management easier.
We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, April 13th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Remote (from furthest to closest):
Seattle - Chris Parsons @chillin411
In Person (Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Florida):
Jay Epstein @jeppy64
We continued to have remote users participate in our meetup via Skype and TeamViewer.Read more
TUI Marine Overview:
TUI Marine is a business unit of TUI Travel plc (www.tuitravelplc.com ), one of the world’s largest leisure travel companies with 20 million customers and 48,000 employees.
TUI Marine covers a portfolio of water based holiday companies, including 1,500 yachts in its yachts business under its two leading brands ‘The Moorings’ (www.moorings.com) and ‘Sunsail’ (www.sunsail.com ).Read more
Add the info can be found here on our Meetup.com Page:
I'm working on a site in D7 and I want to have a link field. In D6 I used the Link project which requires CCK. They have a D7 version but when I got to the CCK project they said that everything as moved to core or separate projects (except for certain cases).
So do I use CCK and the Link project in D7 or do I have to create my own link field using the D7 field api?Read more