Welcome to the Florida Drupal Users Group! We have members from all over Florida and most meetups around the state are coordinated through this group. Whether you're from the panhandle, northeast Florida, the Gulf coast, central Florida, the Space Coast, or south Florida, you'll find other Drupal developers and themers here.
Currently, we have regular meetups in the following areas:
- Brevard County (Cocoa Village): first Thursday of each month.
- Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale): 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Orlando: 2nd Monday of each month, 6:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Gainesville: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm - Meetup.com listing
- Jacksonville: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6pm - Meetup.com listing
- Miami Beach: 4th Wednesday of each month, 6pm
- Palm Beaches (Jupiter-Boca Raton): 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:30pm - Meetup.com listing
- Sarasota / SW Florida: 1st Tuesday of each month 6:30pm
- Tallahassee: 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
- Tampa Bay: 1st Thursday of each month - Meetup.com listing
Keep an eye on this page for location and topic announcements for each meetup, as meeting days and times might change month-to-month.
Keep connected with the Florida Drupal Users' Group:
- IRC: #drupal-florida on freenode
- @fldrupalcamp for updates about Florida Drupal camps, meetups, and other events.
- Florida DrupalCamp on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on Facebook
- Florida Drupal on LinkedIn
- We're looking for someone to create and maintain a Google+ home for Florida Drupal...
It's that time again. Please note we are meeting this month at Square 1 Burgers & Bar.
1737 S Tamiami Trail (across from Sarasota Memorial Hospital)
They have great burgers and a good happy hour.
I know it is the week before FL DrupalCamp so lets discuss that and plan out 2012 for the group.
See you at 6:30
Join us on Thursday evening, February 16th at 6:30pm for the latest installment of the Brevard Drupal Meetup Series, 2nd Edition. We'll be having a single discussion as well as continuing work on the Feed Florida 1st Coding for a Cause web site.
- Discussion of "Jay's Top 50 Drupal 7 Modules" (http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/jays-top-50-drupal-7-modules)
Senior D6 Back-end Developer for full-time contract position in Jacksonville FL | SQE (Software Quality Engineering)
Position: Full-time contract position for senior back-end Drupal developer and coach with agile dev experience
Company: SQE (www.sqe.com, www.techwell.com, www.stickyminds.com)
Location: Orange Park, Florida (near Jacksonville)
Term: 6–12 months with possibility of permanent position
Relocation & Living Expenses: Partial
Start Date: March 1, 2011
• 7+ years software development
• 5+ years of PHP system architecture and development
• 3+ years Drupal back-end development (must have D6 experience)
Like most of you, Mediacurrent is getting really excited about Drupalcamp Florida next weekend.
We will be conducting two “Hello Drupal” training classes on Friday, February 10th at Rollins College. There will be a morning (9:00am) and afternoon (1:30) time slot. The course takes 2.5 hours, is extremely affordable ($20), and will be a great pre-cursor to getting familiar with all the Drupal concepts and lingo before the camp.Read more
Session Schedule Announced / Register Today / Only 10 Days Left!
- Only 10 days left until the camp! Register Now! FLDC will be held Saturday, Feb 11-12 in Winter Park, FL. The first day is all sessions, and the second day of the camp is Coding for a Cause.
- Sessions have been announced for Florida Drupal Camp. To view the session schedule, go to http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/session-schedule
- Beer and Drupal! Did that get your attention? If so, be sure to attend our after-hours social event Saturday Evening! Click here for more information!
The 18th meetup for the Tampa Bay Drupal Users Group is this Thursday, February 2nd @ 6pm.
This meetup, Kendall will be discussing the awesomeness that is the Omega theme. How to use it, why to use it, and other great info on how to help move your drupal site from a "mobile version" to "mobile first" with Omega!
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, at the usual location — Panera on Ulmerton Road:
2285 Ulmerton Rd.
Clearwater, FL 3376
Looking for a super awesome junior Drupal dev to work on building out some new features and doing site maintenance & security updates on our existing Drupal site.
We're building out mobile apps that will interface with the site, so we want someone who has a passion for mobile. We're also working on some re-theming, so want someone with some front end skillz as well.
You'll get to work under the friendly tutelage of one of Drupal's most experienced developers (d.o user ID in the 1500's). Edited: senior person will not be on the project.
We are That Exactly LLC -- we're a couple of cool, guys who build Drupal applications for Fortune 500 companies among other things.
We're looking for a Sr Drupal Developer and have our eye on our next project, a lead order platform. Contract to hire.
Local to Broward County Florida ++
We are not looking for a company or team. We want individuals who want to join our team.Read more
I'm happy to announce that Brevard Workforce has given us permission to use some space at their facility in Rockledge, Florida for Drupal Co-working Friday. This means that we'll be able to join our friends in Orlando, Tampa, and around the world for the first-ever Drupal Co-working Friday!Read more
I have a live site that when any user logs into it the admin screen does not appear. The credentials are correct. I'm based in Orlando and I'm wondering if I could meet up with someone locally to help troubleshoot this problem.
This month I'll be doing a walkthrough of using Commerce Kickstart (a Drupal distro that will get you 90% of the way of having your Drupal Commerce site up and running). We'll walk through installing Commerce Kickstart, installing additional modules and discussing how Products are setup and if we have enough time, go over Rules in Drupal Commerce (the true power in Drupal Commerce).Read more
After completing 10 weeks (70 hrs) of very intense classroom training, and many more hours of research inside Drupal.org and Planet Drupal, eighteen (18) students, all of whom were recently laid-off from Kennedy Space Center (KSC), graduated from Mike Anello's Drupal Career Starter Program (DCSP).Read more
The Coding for a Cause committee has chosen 3 candidate organizations to receive free sprint-built websites, and we are now seeking the volunteer technical and design leads for these projects. Each project currently has a project manager who is beginning to plan out the content of the website, and the three of them each will need a confident Drupaller who gets to know the project inside and out in the month leading up to February 11th and 12th.
The three organizations chosen are:
Hello Web development Gurus! We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial-minded Senior Web Developer/Architect with both front end and back end expertise, to support the Technical Discovery phase of our project.
At a high level, we are ultimately planning to develop a niche market web 2.0 user generated content and review social web site experience and supporting mobile/tablet application with some unique functional bells and whistles.
This will be a 1-month contract with the strong possibility of further extension and/or permanent position.Read more
Time: 7:30 PM
Address: Brogues On the Avenue 621 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33460-3810
We will be meeting in the Banshee Room in the back of the restaurant
Meetup info can be found here:http://www.meetup.com/Palm-Beach-Drupal/
We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, January 11th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Remote participants(via Skype and Join.me):
Chicago - Erik Baldwin @CLoudNYNE
Chicago - John Learned @JCL324
Fort Lauderdale - Susana Kaiser
In Person (greater Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Florida):
Jay Epstein @jeppy64
Claudio Vera @modulist
John Everett @Agile_dot_TV
Rob de Koter @Robdekoter
Jeff Locke (adoptek.com)
Steve Hall @KPS_93
Joel Lukacher @LikeCatcher
Leonardo Vargas @leovarg
Pilar Montana @pilimontana
We are Silicon Valet, a Drupal shop with roots in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Atlanta, GA. Started in January of 2009 we have been building quite a demanding client base.
Growing steadily, we have reached a point at which it would be beneficial to take on another developer.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• In-depth knowledge of Drupal available modules (free/paid), Customization of Modules as per the requirement, Ability to develop custom Drupal modules
• Understanding of Drupal 7 and Commerce
Join us for a second meetup of the month at Radiant Blue Technologies
This is a secure facility, so you will need to sign in when you arrive and when you leave.
We will discuss "Your goto modules" as well as other topics.
Use the signup feature so that I know how many people to expect please.