Sitting in at the Denver mobile sprint I spent some time coming up with a wireframe to explore how we could organize the create content page for small screens.
The general idea
- Content creation and editing screen consists of fields, settings and publish/save buttons.
- Show each field on its own line. One line for each field.
- Do not show the field label ("title", "body" etc.) but show as much actual content as will fit
- Put all non-content settings (the stuff that goes in vertical tabs) behind a single point of entry.
- Save/publish buttons should follow what we come up with in the new design (see http://groups.drupal.org/node/214898#comment-716094 and further)
This is just an additional idea, so fire away with your remarks, or even better, your own sketches and wireframes :)