Come discuss, create and plan great Drupal UX design
Friday, december 9 there will be a global virtual Drupal UX sprint. As always, many different features and projects are worked on. We'll use this day to work on those issues that need ux input or feedback.
What will happen that day?
We're open to your suggestions and questions, but here's what we're thinking about:
- UX mentors will be available to help onboard designers who want to contribute
- Pair designers and devs to work on actionable tasks (we'll build a list of issues for this)
- Some ad hoc usability testing
Hi Usability Group members !
I wish to get your help regarding a contrib project (and potentially a DDD Milan presentation).
I wish to explore what Dries usually calls Outside-In approach (I tend to rather like in-place administration as a name but OK!).
The Drupal core product needs to become more engaging and useful right out of the box. Usability testing has shown why. Here, we want to look at how we can change our process to be more efficient and effective.Read more
- [Move roles and permissions under admin/structure]
- [Consolidate the 'Exit block region demonstration' styling with the 'Back to content editing']
- [Create a tooltip component]
- [Emphasize the most important items on the 'structure' page]
- [Views listing page displays too few items on a page]
- [Alignment of comments in narrow screens]
- [Make the 'Add content' link in the 'Tools' block finger friendly]
- [Use local tasks for Views displays in the Views UI]
Links for finding what to work on, where discussion happens and how the process works.
- Feel free to post your idea or question [in this usability group][usabilitygroup]
- Day to day chats in #drupal-usability on [IRC][irc]
We have IRC meetings twice a week for more structured discussion and planning:
- Tuesdays, 21:00/9pm CET (convert to other timezone)
Format of meetings:
Mix of 1 large focus topic and any quick wins (not necessarily related to the larger topic) that help us book success. Possible topics:
- Visual hierarchy
- Migrate UI
- Example content
Need to create an asset library
There are no up to date PSD/Sketch/… files readily available. Would be good to have those.
- Place to share design assets
- Have reference files that document the standards
- Research ways to organize this setup. google drive maybe?
High level overviewRead more
We've begun planning for Twin Cities Drupal Camp this year and are interested in knowing whether or not there is interest in another Usability Study at the University of Minnesota. This year, we are actually having our camp on the University of MN campus.
I've heard that their summer schedule is filling up, so we need to get on their calendar now, if we want access to their lab. (NOTE: We have not yet confirmed anything with them yet. So even if they have time available, we still need to put in a request).Read more
Last updated by Lord_of_Codes on Tue, 2015-12-29 05:25
For the enhancement of the Drupal Mobile Application, I am posting some screenshots of the Weebly Mobile App for the developers to draw inspirations from its GUI. It's mobile app has a clean and appealing UI. Weebly mobile app comes packed with a lot of superb features and a charismatic UI. I have mapped the whole app with screenshots which might prove helpful in the development process of Drupal's Mobile Application.
Last updated by Lord_of_Codes on Tue, 2015-12-29 05:19
For the enhancement of the Drupal Mobile Application, I am posting some screenshots of the Blogger Mobile App for the developers to draw inspirations from its GUI. Blogger's mobile app has not much functionality though it has a clean and appealing UI. I have mapped the whole app with screenshots which might prove helpful in the development process of Drupal's Mobile Application.
Last updated by Lord_of_Codes on Tue, 2015-12-29 14:46
For the enhancement of the Drupal Mobile Application, I am posting some screenshots of the WordPress Mobile App for the developers to draw inspirations from its GUI. WordPress is a php based Content Management System, which is quite popular for its easy interface and wide range of themes. It's mobile app has a clean and appealing UI. I have mapped the whole app with screenshots which might prove helpful in the development process of Drupal's Mobile Application.
The first screen that appears on opening the app :Read more
Bricks — is a revolutionary new way of creating rich content in Drupal. Thanks to the powerful contributions like ECK and Entity Reference, Bricks itself is just 100 lines of code.
- Open pre-configured sandbox on simplytest.me.
- Click Launch sandbox and wait.
- Click Log in (email and password should be pre-filled).
- Go to Appearance and click Set default near the Bootstap theme.
- Go to Structure > Content types > Page > Manage fields and:
- Edit and Save
field_body(this enforces Field API to alter database schema).
- Optionally Delete useless
- Edit and Save
- Finally click Add content on the toolbar and create your first bricky page!
First a public apology to all those within the community I offended and in other ways behaved badly against last time, few years back, around. It is not an excuse, but I was then on my way straight into the wall and towards a personal meltdown which has taken until now to feel sure that the risk for backlashes is under control, including to know I will handle things better this time around.
Please feel free to contact me privately if there is anything you need me to explain further. I would be happy to discuss and clear up any remaining issues you have.Read more
On the 23rd–25th of June, just before Twin Cities Drupal Camp, we will be conducting usability testing focusing on Drupal 8 at the University of Minnesota. This is a great opportunity to evaluate the current state of Drupal 8 and identify issues that can be resolved before release, or require much of our attention after release.Read more
I have been working on a project recently where we have been performing user tests against Drupal prototypes. The audience is a mix of people from regular users of Drupal to marketers who have never seen the platform.
We are seeing a trend where people are regularly distracted and/or confused by things within Drupal core's interface. One example is we designed a test where users would edit a node and change the workflow state. Users found it challenging to even find where to go to edit the node.Read more
I made a suggestion for mobile and tablet drag'n drop solutions for menus etc.
You will find all details in the post: https://www.drupal.org/node/1972462#comment-9618157
I am happy to get feedback and find someone to implement this.
Thanks, cheers from Bogota,