Drupal training event on Global Drupal Training Day - September 14th, PUNE

fotuzlab's picture

According to DA's (Drupal Association) training initiative to promote Drupal, 14 September 2012 is the next Global Drupal Training Day.

Lets get the community in our area together and hold a meetup/training session in Pune on 9/14.

Agenda of this discussion is to
- find volunteers
- build teams
- plan the training

and conduct a successful event.

Comments

Super Idea

nagwani's picture

Count me in. Let's plan around some sessions and trainings

+1

ravyg's picture

Let's get started then!

Details?

vidhatanand's picture

First few things to think.

Venue? Anyone involved in last drupalcamp or meetup in pune may help. Please chip in.

Sessions? Need to come up with them ASAP.

And can we get some training material from ACQUIA for this. Maybe

Thanks

Great Idea

gajanannehul's picture

hi
i am new to drupal and
Willing to learn module development.
Please assist me.

Nice

mayur.pimple's picture

We should be participate in these event.

Training

nagwani's picture

Lets pitch in with our ideas. May be module development for beginners

SICSR as the venue?

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Hey Guys,

We can try to get SICSR as the venue for the event. We had the last Drupal meetup at the same venue wherein we had Jacob Singh from Acquia coming in.

What do you think?

Regards,
Sayak

Sayak Sarkar

Venue and other stuff.

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi Sayak,

Can you share some details about venue options that we have with SICSR? Since we have enough time to "market" this I think we will need larger seating capacity than the last meetup. Also what kind of organizational help can SICSR students provide, also let us know if there will be other students interested in volunteering for the event?

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Hey Dipen, I just had a chat

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Hey Dipen,

I just had a chat with our Dy. Director Mr. Harshad Gune about the possibility of doing the event with SICSR as the venue. He seemed very enthusiastic about the idea of holding the event at SICSR.

Regarding organizational help, I've a had a few discussions with some PG and UG students. A lot of students are very interested in participating in the event as well as volunteering for it.

Also, regarding the seating capacity, we have quite a few options at our hand. The Lab where the last session meetup was conducted has a seating capacity of nearly 65-70 people. We also have a larger lab available where we have a seating capacity of around 90-100 people.

Depending upon the requirements for the event we can get the labs setup and ready for people who may show up without laptops as well as well as get WiFi access for the attendees and speakers.

Regards,
Sayak

Sayak Sarkar

please guide me

fitado's picture
      hiee sayak, i am sumant.sorry,i am talking with you with different subject.But i real need your help.
      i am living in aurangabad & recently completed my engineering from computer science & engineering with first class.
       one company offering me a job on drupal & on other open source technology.Do you think i should join it? Because its new company  & i am not poor in technical like c,c++,vb.net 
      If you think i should joint it then pls teel me how much salary i should expect?

thanks in advance,pls guide me very soon..............

Email may get better response

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi,

I dont wanna sound rude, but can you keep this private over a email or something. Lets keep it on the topic of organising this meetup.

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Update

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Hey Dipen,

I just wanted to give a quick update regarding SICSR. If we have any requirements for live streaming of the sessions, SICSR has an in-house web portal which can be used for web-casting the sessions during the events.

Regards,
Sayak

Sayak Sarkar

Good option!

ravyg's picture

We need to get some estimate of how many people are coming.

Sessions....

abhishek.kumar's picture

Guys please confirm first who is in so that we can decide sessions accordingly.

Thanks

Count me in. Willing to learn

jayant4u's picture

Count me in. Willing to learn Drupal.

Q??? Sessions and tracks......

rahul.shinde's picture

Lets begin with the list of training topics.... please share topics...

Thanks,
Rahul
Drupaler

Topic

nagwani's picture

We can have a basic topic on module development

IMO a training targeted for

fotuzlab's picture

IMO a training targeted for beginners should be there, say an introduction to Drupal.
DA suggests two curriculum: https://association.drupal.org/node/16033

Module development and Theme development sessions can be taken up as BoF.

Thoughts?

Topics

gajanannehul's picture

1)Mobile theming for drupal 6
2)Installation profile

Show of hands for volunteers?

dipen chaudhary's picture

I think we need to be a little chronological in the plan laid out by Arijit, we will need to first build a team of volunteers. I think we need following teams:

1> Communications ( manage groups.drupal.org announcements and website if needed )
2> Agenda Planning.
3> Operations ( Venue and things like that )

So it would be best time to nominate yourself as volunteers.

@Arijit, @Ravish

Whats the best way people can get in touch, if they wish to volunteer? Should they comment on groups or send an email etc?

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

We can create a page or google form for volenteers

ravyg's picture

We can create a google form and maintain list in spreadsheet
I can do that.
What options we should keep in it?

+1 from me

swapnilp's picture

Great Initiative!! Do let us know if you need any help from my end and I would be happy to get involved.

Practice Lead - Drupal
Clarion Technologies Pvt Ltd.
http://www.clariontechnologies.co.in

We shall choose option...

vivekrishi's picture

On 14th Sept as Drupal Training Day then we shall choose one of the option:
1. Focus on such target group than of existing users and come up with basic course contents. In this case, then we shall rope-in colleges with limited seats to make their students participate in one day the workshop and we invest our human resources to give orientation on Drupal framework.
2. Focus on members of the group and come up with specific topic training. In second option, we find competent person who could handle half / full day workshop on specific topics. Topics could be: Responsive theming, Drupal + GIS or any other....

Vivek Rishi
Operations Manager
REI Systems India P. Ltd.
Office: 020-46782085| Mobile:099 22 747 891
Email: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in
Web: www.reisystems.com

Before working on Drupal we must understand.

RavindraSingh's picture

Before working on Drupal we must understand.

a. Drupal Work Flow - How drupal works
b. Drupal Directory Structure
c. Drupal Core Modules
d. Drupal Default Blocks
e. Drupal Content Types
f. Basic Drupal Administration
g. Drupal Menus

Above these are basics of for beginner.

So focus on these topics will help you why to use Drupal for any website and further development.

For getting more Basic and important tips, solutions please join my Group Ravindra Workshop

Im new to Drupal

Tazray80's picture

I would like to learn as much as I can. For one where will this training be taking place? What state and town?

Pune

dipen chaudhary's picture

This will be in Pune, Maharashtra


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Mumbai is also organizing!

jasdev.moun's picture

Hello everybody!

Mumbai is also organizing Global Training Day on September 14 as well as September 15. So anybody who wants to join us is welcome.

If you wanna know more about it go to http://groups.drupal.org/node/245848

Jasdev S. Moun
(+91) 98 11 056333
www.jasdev-moun.com

Update

dipen chaudhary's picture


[EDIT] - We are yet to finalize the event page and put up a registration page, we wont be using the links that you might have got in email notification. Please wait for the event and registration page.

Hi,

We have moved a step further.

This is the team that we have decided to begin with for the event. Please come forward and contact me (use the contact form) to join any of teams.

Communications/Marketing Team: Arijit Dutta, Ravish Gupta and Dipen

Agenda/schedule Team : Vidhatanand, Rahul Shinde, Rakesh Falke, Prasad Gogate

Operations : Sayak Sarkar , Prafful Nagwani, Piyush, Saket

We need all the help we can get to make it a worthwhile meetup for everyone.

Thanks


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

I can offer help

vivekrishi's picture

Hi Dipen,

I can offer help in operations or scheduling. Do let me know how and when shall we meet to take this ahead.

Vivek Rishi
Operations Manager
REI Systems India P. Ltd.
Office: 020-46782085| Mobile:099 22 747 891
Email: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in
Web: www.reisystems.com

Need your email

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi Vivekrishi,

Are you from pune? will need your email, to include you in organization communication. Can you ping me your email id via the contact form and your brief intro?

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

RE - email ID to communicate

vivekrishi's picture

Hi Dipen,

My email ID is: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in

Feel free to contact me on this any time.

Regards,

Vivek

Vivek Rishi
Operations Manager
REI Systems India P. Ltd.
Office: 020-46782085| Mobile:099 22 747 891
Email: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in
Web: www.reisystems.com

Program Structure - Need Feedback

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi,

We had a meeting yesterday and we have come up with following structure for the meetup/event :

Couple of training session ( most probably in parallel, beginner training for sure, other one needs to be decided )

Barcamp style sessions where in we might be running upto 3-4 sessions in parallel. We will soon put up a page to propose session ideas or to vote on existing ones.

BoF - Undecided on this, but we might organize and keep space for couple of BoF's

Please provide your feedback, we understand that this is a little different than the international training day format, but I feel will benefit all sorts of drupalers attending.

Again, we need all the help we can get here, please nominate yourself to join any of the teams mentioned above ( contact me using the contact form and send in your email id and brief intro )

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Lets meet

nagwani's picture

Hi Everyone,

anyone willing and interested to pitch in with help and support, can we meet coming wednesday, August 22nd in the evening around 5:30 pm

Regards

Venue: Can be anything in and around Baner. Okay doing at my office Faichi Solutions or CCD.

Would like to be there

swapnilp's picture

Prafful,

I will be happy to help!
By any chance can we make it on Saturday/Sunday?

Practice Lead - Drupal
Clarion Technologies Pvt Ltd.
http://www.clariontechnologies.co.in

Everyone

nagwani's picture

Lets' hear it out from everyone about their preferences and decide

Hi, I'm interested in this

shende.tejas7's picture

Hi,

I'm interested in this too. Please bind me in email communication.

Meeting?

nagwani's picture

Any ideas? if we are open to meet on Wednesday or Saturday?

meeting...

vivekrishi's picture

I think let's meet on Saturday, just to avoid inconvenience for anyone who is interested.

Vivek Rishi
Operations Manager
REI Systems India P. Ltd.
Office: 020-46782085| Mobile:099 22 747 891
Email: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in
Web: www.reisystems.com

How about meeting today?

ravyg's picture

Can we meet today?

Lets meet tomorrow

shende.tejas7's picture

Lets meet tomorrow (25-Aug-12). Decide the centralize place (deccan or symbiosys S.B.Road etc etc.)

Tomorrow would be great

Sayak Sarkar's picture

It would be great if we can meetup sometime in the second half tomorrow. If everyone is interested we can arrange for the meetup at Symbiosis itself.

Sayak Sarkar

+1 for tomorrow

swapnilp's picture

Yes, meeting tomorrow is feasible option for everyone. How do we contact each other in case it is needed?

Practice Lead - Drupal
Clarion Technologies Pvt Ltd.
http://www.clariontechnologies.co.in

Drop me your contact details.

shende.tejas7's picture

Drop me your contact details. send me message (Click on my profile --> contact).

Does any one knows how to book a room in symbiosis ??

I can try to get a room

Sayak Sarkar's picture

I can try to get a room booked at SICSR for tomorrow. Will confirm it within the evening.

Sayak Sarkar

What are the updates on

shende.tejas7's picture

What are the updates on location Sayak ?

I had a talk with the

Sayak Sarkar's picture

I had a talk with the authorities, and they confirmed that rooms are available post 4.00pm at the college. However I'll be able to get the room number tomorrow morning itself.

Sayak Sarkar

Meetup

swapnilp's picture

Thanks Sayak! Will wait for your confirmation.

Practice Lead - Drupal
Clarion Technologies Pvt Ltd.
http://www.clariontechnologies.co.in

Room 706 has been booked on

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Room 706 has been booked on the 7th Floor for the meetup post 4.00p.m.
My number is 9637979905.
Regards,
Sayak

Sayak Sarkar

M.O.M of 25/Aug/12 meet @ SICSR

shende.tejas7's picture

Hi,

Yesterday we (Tejas Shende, Sayak Sarkar, Swpanil Patil) met for 14th sep meet. Following points were discussed...

  1. Can we shift the meet (As its a friday. It may happen we will get less response). We can shift the meet on next Saturday. Needs discussion.

  2. Look out for sponsorship for this meet.

  3. The meet format will be as follows...
    1. Timings will be 11AM-05PM.
    2. Each session will be for 45 Mins (30 Mins session + 15 mins QA).
    3. 1-2 Lunch Break (Light snacks items). 4-4.15 Tea Break.
    4. Will place a small quiz in between to keep people interested.

  4. Topics will be as follows...
    1. Basic Drupal - Advanced Drupal.
    2. DRUSH.
    3. Theming part.
    4. Difference between drupal 6 & 7.
    5. Localization part.

  5. Spread the word about this meet on all social NW. Hash tag (#DrupalTrainingDayPune).

  6. This is tentative. We can have change in this.

Please provide us your inputs.

@Tejas, Wherever the word is

fotuzlab's picture

@Tejas,
Wherever the word is spread, lets also ask the interested to register at punedrug.drupalgardens.com/content/register
This would give an idea(vague 1 though) of the strength and drupal proficiency of the expected audience.

@Dipen
I think you have registered #punedrug too for Pune Drupal Group.

Twitter

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi,

The twitter account is at - https://twitter.com/pune_drug for simplicity hashtag could be #pune-drug

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Finally my account on g.d.o

fotuzlab's picture

Finally my account on g.d.o is activated again :)

Here is the link to raw website for the event http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/
Interested can submit sessions at http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/node/add/session

Also it would be great if we register ourselves there and invite more registrants. It would give a tentative idea of the audience we can expect.

Also there is a mailing list for easy and speedy communication.

Any suggestions and improvement for the site and importantly the content, please contact any of listed below:

Arijit: arijitdutta@fotuzlab.in
Ravish: rgupta@faichi.com
Vivek Rishi: vivek.rishi@reisystems.in

What do you suggest on points

swapnilp's picture

What do you suggest on points that has been added by Tejas?

Practice Lead - Drupal
Clarion Technologies Pvt Ltd.
http://www.clariontechnologies.co.in

All are good suggestions

dipen chaudhary's picture

Tejas,

Can you coordinate with vidhatanand ( vidhatanand [at) faichi dat com ) to come up with day's agenda. Your suggestion are pretty cool and vidhata also has some nice ideas to keep it interesting for people coming from various backgrounds ( like basic training might become boring for advanced drupalers ) The idea is to bring more and more people to Drupal so our focus will be on that but we also wanna make sure that it is interesting for everyone. Also, it will be very useful if you guys can physically meet to come up with a program structure. Let me know if you need my help with that.

@All whoever wishes to suggest ideas for program structure/agenda do talk to vidhata.

Cheers


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

"Can we shift the meet (As

fotuzlab's picture

"Can we shift the meet (As its a friday. It may happen we will get less response). We can shift the meet on next Saturday. Needs discussion."

This needs to be agreed upon.
@all, @prafful, @dipen, @vidhata, @ravish thoughts?
Personally I would like to stick with 14th September.

"Look out for sponsorship for this meet."

Can we form a team for this?

"The meet format will be as follows...
1. Timings will be 11AM-05PM.
2. Each session will be for 45 Mins (30 Mins session + 15 mins QA).
3. 1-2 Lunch Break (Light snacks items). 4-4.15 Tea Break.
4. Will place a small quiz in between to keep people interested."

Seems good to me. Only the beginners session would take more time according to my judgement. Or are you suggesting to break the beginner session in various sessions?

"Topics will be as follows...
1. Basic Drupal - Advanced Drupal.
2. DRUSH.
3. Theming part.
4. Difference between drupal 6 & 7.
5. Localization part."

I think this should be decided by submitting sessions on http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/sessions
It would be great if you can feed them there. Commenting is on, so people may coordinate over particular sessions.

Updates

shende.tejas7's picture

Hi All,

I sent out an email to Vidhatanand. Lets see his reply. We have to decide quick on following points...

  1. Shifting meet on Next Saturday. I spoke with few people about this meet when I said the meet is on Friday then they said like “I doubt I can attend this meet”. Our objective is to spared Drupal among mass audience and on Friday we will not get much response. So for the sake of response we have to postpone the meet.

  2. Sponsorship - Whom to contact.

  3. The speakers / presenters.

  4. The topics.

  5. The Agenda.

Can we meet on coming saturday @ 4.00 O'clock @ Symbiosis (SICSR) Model colony.

@Sayak : can you book the room and update us ?

Mailing List

fotuzlab's picture

Would it be good that we all subscribe to the mailing list at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/punedrug for any email conversation?

So others can also pitch in and be on the same page?

It would be active even after the event and can be used for quick announcements, meetup notifications etc.

+1 for 14th Sept!

ravyg's picture

Also are we having any meet for discussion this weekend?

If yes can we keep it on
either friday eve
or sunday eve ?

wish to join training

Sushil.Gokule's picture

I would like to join the training session. I have also registered to PuneDRUG.

Any updates

shende.tejas7's picture

Guys,
Any updates ? We have only 11 Days in hand if we are going by 14-sep date.

@Tejas: Yes we are going with

fotuzlab's picture

@Tejas: Yes we are going with the 9/14 target. Time to accelerate!

Here is the current list of registrants http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/node/41/webform-results

And the list of submitted sessions:
http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/sessions

@all, we need to do these asap

  1. Decision on the Agenda
  2. Finalize the venue
  3. Send invites
  4. Register sessions.

Allright

shende.tejas7's picture

Allright. We have to move quick then...

Copy Paste following on Facebook / Twitter or any other social N/W site.

Drupal Training Event Sep-14 PUNE.

Submit your sessions.
http://bit.ly/SdbChV

Reg. yourself at
http://bit.ly/PU5J85

Stay tuned for more info.

punedrug #DrupalTrainingDayPune14Sep

We have to meet on coming sat (08-Sep) to decide other things.

"We have to meet on coming

fotuzlab's picture

"We have to meet on coming sat (08-Sep) to decide other things"

Too late I feel. Moreover a lot of folks from faichi won't be available this weekend. Can we do it on Thursday or Wednesday?

Any updates on Venue?

@Prafful, @Dipen:
Would you draft the agenda?

How about meeting online,

dipen chaudhary's picture

How about meeting online, using one of the conference tools? Maybe we can use google hangout for the meetup, I also think 8 sep will be too late and then there could be issues with venue etc i.e. maybe far for some people who wanna volunteer?

@Arijit,

You want me to draft the meeting's agenda or 14th sep's agenda? Yeah I'd like to help.

What do you guys think about meeting on google hangout? What all do we wish to discuss on the meetup?


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

@Dipen: 14th Sep agenda

fotuzlab's picture

@Dipen:
14th Sep agenda

Google hangout URL

dipen chaudhary's picture

Hi,

You can join the hangout using - https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/9b5a519116241597427717b59019727f6f7d5...

We are gonna start in 10 mins


Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 http://www.qed42.com Drupal development

Git Basics

nagwani's picture

I would like to propose a session on Git Basics. I can take this with help of someone. Anyone up for grabs?

Event page for this event, Sign up!

sushyl's picture

Lets gather the event signup info at one place. Please register here -> http://punedrug.drupalgardens.com/content/register for the event and share the same link further.

Thanks,
Sushil H.

Regular Drupal Meetup sheduled - 10/13/2012

ravyg's picture

As per the discussion on last Drupal Meetup, 13, Oct 2012 was decided as next Drupal Meetup Day.

Let's get the community in our area together and hold a meetup/training session in Pune again.

Venue :
Faichi Solution Pvt. Ltd.
504, Accord IT Park, Baner Road, Pune,
Maharashatra-411045, India. Ph. No. +91-20-65291435

Timings :
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm

We will be having few sessions :
- Customizing Drupal - Module
- Customizing Drupal - Themeing

Agenda of this discussion is to
- Open Discussion
- Headway talks for Drupal Association India.
and conduct a successful event.

Create a local/regional group

chipway-drupal's picture

Hi,

I feel that this discussion in about local meetups. Am I wrong ?

Don't you think that it would be acurate to create a local/regional group to discuss these meetups.

Dupal Meetup 10/13 in progress >>

ravyg's picture

1) Wonderful session by Abhishek (http://drupal.org/user/730718) - Module Development.
2) Discussion over different ideas about spreading drupal awareness.
3) Saket's Drupal themeing - in progress
4) Open talks!

nice meetup

mayur.pimple's picture

I enjoyed both sessions.

Slides from the meetup

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Have Abhishek or Saket uploaded their presentations somewhere, so that we can refer back to them?

If not, it would be great if the presentations can be shared here!!

Sayak Sarkar

My Presentation

saki007ster's picture

My presentation is available here > http://prezi.com/il1wxjbyxktc/drupal-theming-from-scratch/

Saket Kumar

Module Customization Slide & example module

abhishek.kumar's picture

Hi Sayak,

Below are the links of presentation for Module Customization and Example module.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_NtegpshN7ZendMSjEwZEdKdk0/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_NtegpshN7ZaFBWZlpaV1dnTWM/edit?pli=1

Thanks

Can you post on Pune India group?

drupee's picture

Hey Abhishek,

Can you post same links on http://groups.drupal.org/node/261633?
Because I have already summarized the minutes over here.

Thanks, Chetan

Thanks Abhishek!! :-)

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Thanks Abhishek!! :-)

Sayak Sarkar

Thanks a lot Saket!! You

Sayak Sarkar's picture

Thanks a lot Saket!! You rock.. :-)

Sayak Sarkar

Request to post meetups on meetup.com

vishalmelmatti's picture

Hi Sayak,

I don't know who is the right person to request so replying to your comment.

I am Vishal, PHP Professional, was interested to attend the meet but unfortunately missed it as I was not aware of it.

I would like to request you all to please create a meetup group on meetup.com so that meetup can be reached to more audience and more people can attend and share their experience.

I would be interested to attend.

Thanks
Vishal

MeetUp.com posts for Drupal events

dougvann's picture

Vishal makes a GREAT point.
Some Drupal User Groups don't use MeetUp.com and only use Groups.Drupal.Org which certainly limits the audience.
In our local group here in Indy, We didn't use MeetUp.Com for a long time. Once we started, we found that our attendance went up.
One thing is for sure.. When you use MeetUp.Com you can expect that you will get some people who show up for reasons that you can not understand. They have never heard of Drupal, can not pronounce it correctly, they come with no laptop, and you never see them again. Are they there just for free pizza?!? LOL I don't know. I'm sure that happens too. My point is, be prepared for some interesting characters to show up. On the other hand, we did have some people show up and stick around and join the community!

It can be a bit challenging to keep both the Groups.Drupal.org site AND the MeetUp.Cpm site up to date, but it sure does help create visibility for your events.

  • Doug Vann [Drupal Trainer, Consultant, Developer]
  • Synaptic Blue Inc. [President]
  • http://dougvann.com

Hi Vishal

ravyg's picture

That's a nice initiative and good idea.
Will Discuss with others and do this from next time, well now when you are already here. Hope to meet you in next meetup.
Would you like to volunteer for upcoming events and arranging the meetup you are most welcome :)

Cheers!
Raviish

Drupal Association

Group categories

Category

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds: