Note that all videos on drupaldojo.com must comply with these guidelines (prospective from February 23, 2008.) We will accept all submitted videos, but submissions that do not comply may be modified by the Dojo to match these requirements if needed. Currently all videos must be uploaded to blip.tv and then will be added to the DrupalDojo.com site. (On the new dd.com site you will be able to upload a video directly through the site.)
There is also a wiki page that has some tips and tricks for making videos.
- Codec used needs to be H.264
- Finished frame size: All screencasts must be done in either 640x480px, or 800x600px.*
- Frame rate: 10-15
- Audio sampling: mono, 22.05 - 44.10 kHz
- Use multi-pass encoding (to reduce file size while maintaining quality)
- Use a CC (Creative Commons) by-SA license bumper at the end of the video (taken from http://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/8/8b/By-sa_bw.png and also available in the d.o handbook, http://drupal.org/node/62196)
- If you use music (e.g. for intro/outro) make sure it can be released under CC. If in doubt, leave it out.
Our Editor's Timeframe Template:
- Intro screen with video title on Dojo background (see list below)
- 15 seconds for creator/editor credits. If none, then add the pre-made Dojo credits. (see list below)
- The video
- 15 seconds again for creator/editor credits or Dojo credits.
- CC white text on black bumper (from list above.)
Nice to have but not required:
*Note that if you're recording a live lesson, you must use 800x600px frame size during the lesson so that it fits the VNC display correctly.
Dojo credits: (To submit your own, please see the drupal.org issue.)
Intro (these are intended to be placed at the start credit location in the timeline.)
Outro (these are intended to be placed at the end credit location in the timeline.)
Red Sun - by Steven Merrill (smerrill)
Both start and end (these can be placed at either the start or end credit location in the timeline.)
Disco Chalkboard - by Joshua Ellinger (westwesterson)