I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this kind of questions, if not please let me know.
I've been doing module update the following way:
- download the new module from drupal.org
- go to Administer > Site building > Modules then deselect the old module, then click Save configuration
- click Uninstall and select the old module if available, then click uninstall
- remove the old module from sites/all/modules folder
- copy the new module to the sites/all/modules folder
- run update.php
Is this the right procedure to update a module? I've been having lot of db primary key error and I'm not sure if it's caused by my procedure. Should I leave the old module in the folder until I run the update.php, then remove it afterward?
Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestions