Small local sprints everywhere (well, not everywhere, but anywhere) will be held during the weekend of January 17 and 18 2015. Listed alphabetically by continent, country, locality.
This is a wiki page. Please edit.
Places with Local Sprints
Africa (ordered by country, then city)
Asia (ordered by country, then city)
- Bangalore, India. 17th January
RECAP post: https://groups.drupal.org/node/452833#comment-1082408
- Chennai, India. 18th January
- Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), India. 17th -18th January
- Mumbai, India. 17th January
- Pune, India. 17th January
- Goa, India. 18th January
Europe (ordered by country, then city)
- Ghent, Belgium. 17th - 18th.
- Sofia, Bulgaria. 17th-18th. Init lab Hackerspace
- Berlin, Germany. 17th - 18th.
- Munich, Germany. 17th - 18th. Location to be announced. https://groups.drupal.org/node/447263
- Schwerin, Germany. 17.01. - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 in Schwerin, Germany
- Budapest, Hungary, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/450943
- Milan, Italy, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/453373
- Skopje, Macedonia, 17th - 18th
- Groningen, The Netherlands January 18th - http://drupal.nl/evenement/drupal-global-sprint-weekend-groningen
- Serbia, Novi Sad. 17th - Drupal all-day sprint
- Wroclaw, Poland, January 17th - https://groups.drupal.org/node/447633
RECAP blog: http://www.ratioweb.pl/blog/drupal8-codesprint-drupal-community/drupal-g...
- Cáceres, Spain. 17th.
- Madrid, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Barcelona, Spain. 17th - 18th.
- Sevilla, Spain. 17th-18th. Location: Cocomore (Avda Jerez 21, Bellavista)
- Valencia, Spain. 17th - 18th.
RECAP blog (all of Spain): http://asociaciondrupal.es/es/cronica-global-sprint-weekend
- Vienna, Austria. 18th. Location: drunomics office
- Zurich, Switzerland. 17th - 18th. Amazee Labs
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 18th
Latin America (ordered by country, then city)
- Bolivia, Cochabamba. Jan 17, 18. Contribute to drupal!
- Colombia, Bogotá. Jan 17. Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015 - Bogotá, Colombia
- Costa Rica, San José. Jan 17 and 18. Sprint with us at Anexus!
- Nicaragua, León. Jan 17. Learn how to contribute to Drupal at MTech!
US & Canada (ordered by country, then state/province, then city)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada - Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015. Jan 17 & 18. Location: The Jibe @joelpittet.
- London, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17. Location: Digital Echidna.
- St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada Jan 17. Location: Cowork Niagara.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Jan 17th, 10am-5pm. Location: BrightLane Inc.
- Montréal, Québec, Canada. Jan 17 & 18. Location: Kafei Interactive office 903 Bélanger (station Jean-Talon).
- Chicago, Illinois, USA. Jan 17 and 18 Chicago Illinois USA Drupal Global Sprint Weekend 2015 meetup.com page location: http://www.dbridgesolutions.com 210 N Racine Ave | 2M | Chicago
- Iowa City, Iowa, USA. Jan 17 9am - 5pm - Event post
RECAP blog: http://brandonneil.com/blog/2015/iowa-city-drupal-global-sprint-weekend-...
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 5pm - Event Page
- Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA. Jan 17. 10am - 4:00pm Event Page
- New York, NY, USA on Jan 17. Come sprint with us!
- Asheville, North Carolina, USA. Jan 17th. g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
- Portland, Oregon, USA. Jan 17 and 18. New contributors welcome, join us!
- Austin, Tx, USA. Jan 17 9am - 6pm Location: Capital Factory
- Washington DC, USA. Jan 17 Eventbrite registration location: 1110 Vermont Avenue NW Suite 500, Washington, DC
- Chattanooga TN, USA. Jan 17 10am to 4pm g.d.o Event Page and Meetup.com
- use "Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015" in the description of your sprint meetup, sprint camp session, mini-sprint, wind-sprint, or all-day sprint, like: "Drupal All-day Sprint in Anywhere Town, IL, USA is part of Drupal Sprint Weekend 2015."
- add a link to your sprint on this page. The link can be to a website, meetup, event on groups.drupal.org, blog post or whatever is appropriate for your event.
- link back to this listing of local sprints
- add an "event" of type "sprint" on groups.drupal.org in a group for your area, to put your sprint on drupical.com and get exposure to people in your area
- use the hash tag #SprintWeekend on twitter
- use the tag "SprintWeekend2015" on d.o issues (no # in this tag name!)
A blurb to add to your session/event description (edit to fit your event):
Everyone is welcome; if you have built a site in Drupal, you can contribute. We will split into groups and work on Drupal core issues. Bring your laptop. For new folks: you can get a head start also by making an account on Drupal.org, getting some contribution tools, and developers can install git before coming and git clone Drupal 8 core.
Resources to help plan your sprint
- Organizer support and planning meeting (doodle) http://doodle.com/uutcp2ge7gt3a8ed
- d.o doc: What is a sprint?
- d.o mentoring doc: Resources for sprint planners: How to plan a sprint
- blog: Planning your own local Global Sprint Weekend January 25 and 26 2014 Sprint
- Core Office Hours (drupalmentoring.org) doc:How to lead a sprint
- 2013 DrupalCon Portland session: video on sprint planning and mentoring by xjm, ZenDoodles, add1sun, YesCT
- 2013 podcast: There is no crying in sprints from DrupalEasy
- 2014 podcast: 084 Global Sprint Weekend 2014 with Cathy Theys - Modules Unraveled Podcast with webflo.
- 2014 podcast: Global Sprint Days from Lullabot
- (from 2013) blogs: Preparations for Sprint Weekend and Bringing in people include how to groom issues so others can work on them.
- irc planning meetings, ask any questions about planning or participating during the regular office hours: in #drupal Tuesday 02:00 UTC and Wednesday 16:00 UTC
Resources for participating in a sprint
(needs updating for 2015, but this is a start)
- Drupal 8 change notifications
- Resources for contributed module developers: upgrading your modules to Drupal 8. Look at git logs and 8.x issues from modules that have already started a 8.x branch. As you port, first commit a 7.x version as initial 8.x, and make frequent public commits (and issues in your issue queue!). In those commit messages: 1) say what you did, *and* 2) add "per ...." and site the change record, or link to an example in another module that led you to think that was what needed to be done. The "per" is really useful. See also the Pants example module.
- (from 2013 need a 2015 version) Preparations for Sprint Weekend includes what to bring, and how to find/groom issues.
- Use irc, and post a comment when about to work on an issue.
- Drupalize.me free Community videos
Issues and Topics to Sprint On
- Documentation: help topics within Drupal Core - see https://groups.drupal.org/node/452493
- Multilingual issues: http://www.drupal8multilingual.org/content/sprint-weekend-2015-ideas
- New release of ctools (1.6) and panels (3.5): We'll be working in #drupal-panels on irc.freenode.net, and maybe setup a gHangout if needed. You can see progress in these two meta issues: