After about 4 months of development, we've launched http://www.betternetworker.com!
BetterNetworker is an online community for the network and internet marketing industry.
The original site was built on Joomla 1.0.13, along with community builder. The new community is now on Drupal 5.x.
Part of this build out involved converting all membership data, including friends, photo galleries, forum posts (from FireBoard), all content (6,000+ articles and videos), comments, statistical data, for over 16,000 users.
Since our site launch, we've gained over 1,000 members in a week.
Its full featured social network with features including:
- Articles, Videos, Podcasts, Classifieds, Groups
- Fully customized member profile layouts
- Integration with PhpBB3 (migrated over 8,000 posts from FireBoard and Joomla)
- Buddy system (User relationships)
- Points and Rewards system
- Twitter style updates (using Dodge)
- Advertising (Using the awesome OpenX platform)
- a whole ton of other stuff.
I'll be doing a full writeup on the experience, how it was built, very soon. A LOT of work was put into templating, design, getting the most out of the real estate, and making it a user friendly and modern experience, and making it perform well with the insane amount of data we're working to display on any given page.
There's a lot in store for this community, including real twitter integration, facebook integration, some ecommerce features, too much to list!
Feedback and questions are more than welcome!