Sharing ideas, experiences, and best practices for project management.
Helping other Drupallers to become more effective and efficient in projects they manage.
Join us on IRC in the #drupal-pm channel!
Just ran into this from my good friend Ashleigh... good stuff, check it out!
Here's a post to update you on the Drupal PM Meet up - This time w/ a more friendly timezone to our friends in asia, australia, et all.
This one is getting pushed too far down the thread! I'm doing another post to make it bubble up to the top :)
Screensharing link: https://join.me/493-660-253
Conference number: +1.415.464.6999
Conference ID: 493-660-253#
Call in #'s Outside of the US:
AT – Austria +43.720.881.959
AU – Australia +61.2.9191.6319
BE – Belgium +32.2.808.8662
BR – Brazil +55.11.3958.8707
CA – Canada +1.647.955.2275
CH – Switzerland +41.43.508.1539
D8 Timelines are up to date with:
1) Milestones for Long & Short term!
2) The mother of all Drupal 8 Milestone Spreadsheets full of details that just won't quit if you want to know the nitty gritty and what's "current" at any given time.
Hope this is helpful to you all & I hope we can soon get some monthly sprints organized around these bad boys!
PS: Check out Gabor's D8MI creation if you haven't yet seen it! http://www.drupal8multilingual.org/Read more
We're a Drupal strategy, development, training and consulting company with teams on both coasts of the United States and in Canada. We like overcoming challenges and doing things that haven't been done before, and we're looking for great people to join us.
This position is for Senior Agile Project Managers. We're growing, and our development, training, support and marketing departments also have positions with immediate availability. The majority of us are in the Los Angeles area, but as a distributed company we welcome telecommuters.
Customers who we work with love us for our dedication to the high quality of our work, how we exceed their expectations and that we communicate with honesty, integrity and transparency. See our Clients list and Case Studies for an idea of the challenging and exciting work that we do.
Our team loves us for the same reasons, and for our company culture, our highly competitive rates and our in-house training and mentoring program. As a team member, you'll find your freedom and salary are unmatched elsewhere.
We're deeply dedicated to contributing to both the Drupal project and its community, and we offer paid time for our community contributions, including Drupal modules, themes and event organizing.
The skills that we value the most are communication, collaboration and community contribution. If you'd like to join our team or would just like us to keep you in mind for future work, let us know at http://www.larks.la/jobs
Please note that we are looking for individuals, not agencies or recruiters. When contacting us, tell us about the following:
- Your Drupal.org username;
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile;
- Your specialties, whether they be design, theming, development, marketing, system administration, training, project management, etc.;
- Certifications that you have in any of the above fields;
- Case studies or articles about websites you've built (or helped build) and what you're proud of;
- A list of Drupal modules and themes that you maintain or contribute to on Drupal.org;
- Your location (i.e. the time zone you're usually in) and if you're a morning lark or a night owl;
- Where you'd like to go for the next Larks company retreat.
For extra credit, check out the questions that our team has selected.
Agile Project Manager role:
- Proven work experience with Agile methodologies;
- 4 years of Agile Project Manager experience;
- Plan project schedule, budget, and scope;
- Act as a true servant leader, protect the team against external interferences and keep them focused on the tasks at hand;
- Support the team activities and efforts toward reaching a common goal;
- Facilitate consensus, commitment, feedback;
- Manage client expectations to maximum satisfaction;
Nice to have:
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Experience with geographically dispersed team composed of freelancers/independant contractors;
- Agile Product Owner role:
- 2 years of Agile Product Owner experience;
- Define clear and concise requirements. In the format of Agile user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Prioritize requirements. Using a Product Backlog;
- Being able to telecommute;
- Experience with companies developing applications for the web.
- Active contributor to the Drupal community or similar open source community. There are several areas in which you can contribute (http://drupal.org/contribute).
EDF is looking for a senior producer to manage our web production team. All of our sites are built in Drupal and Wordpress, so we are looking for someone with solid Drupal chops and experience leading a small team to get things done.
Overall FunctionRead more
10 things you need to know to optimize a Drupal website for any device or platform.Read more
There's a new podcast on Lullabot.com with some good PM discussion. What do you think?Read more
The maintainership request I filed for the Feedmine module just went through today and we're prepping a new release:
For anyone who hasn't used it, here's the original description:
Feedmine is a Drupal feedback interface to Redmine, a Rails-based ticket / issue management system.
When enabled, its block allows users to enter website feedback information that is submitted as an issue into Redmine automatically so that the issue can be tracked, assigned and handled effectively.
As Project Manager I'm from time to time facing the challenge of working with a client who is unaware of USA or Canadian laws about the relationship with a freelancer / independent contractor
A solution that worked for me is to educate the client. By “educate” I mean discussing with client about what I can do or not with freelancers. Within the legal boundaries.Read more
Recently I came across with this question, “What all documents required for proper knowledge transfer of any Drupal Project"?
As usual I went to search on drupal.org but failed to find any document list so I started making it on my own.
So here is the list:
Information about Infrastructure: Server/Environmental Details (Dev/QA/Prod/)
Details of LAMP/WAMP Installations: Detailed info about Web server/DB/PHP
Other Application used on Servers: In case of Cache Server/Media server.
You've probably recently gotten about 15 updates about a camp in Mumbai -- Please don't unsubscribe. This might have been because someone tagged the PM audience in his post because he wanted some organizational help.
Personally, this annoys the crap out of me, and I'm sorry if you got inundated with emails :/ I kinda went mamabear on him, and I hope it doesn't happen again.
The focus of this group should be on Project, Portfolio & other management related issues to help people work through problems, share solutions, and where possible give a Drupal perspective.Read more
I've started adding some links to articles I like in our PM link wiki that Nigel put together for us...
Just a heads up, the event for the Int. PM day from IIL has been postponed to Nov 15th due to Sandy. Wahhn, wahhhn.
After a brief discussion initiated by Shannon, I have set up a bookmarking resource for the group. You can find it at: http://groups.diigo.com/group/drupal-project-management
Diigo supports tagging of bookmarks, sticky notes & annotations so that when you add the bookmark you can comment directly on the page, when others access via the bookmark they can see specific comments associated with that page left by others. (thanks to Adam Rasmussen for his input & support).
I have set it up as:
* public group so anyone can view
* listed in search results
* Open, so anyone can join
Check out the 8th annual International Project Management Day!
IIL is hosting a day of webinars from some very influential leaders. I've been to some of these in the past, it's also a great opportunity to hobnob virtually with PM's.
Highly recommend if it's anything like past years!
^ UPDATE: POSTPONED TO THE 15THRead more
Sweet, a day just for US! IIL is holding a day of virtual events to commemorate:
I'll add it to the events in here for those interested :)