Sharing ideas, experiences, and best practices for project management.
Helping other Drupallers to become more effective and efficient in projects they manage.
Join us on IRC in the #drupal-pm channel!
We're a fully integrated, full service Drupal strategy, development, training and consulting company with teams on both coasts of the United States and in Canada. We like overcoming challenges and doing things that haven't been done before, and we're looking for great people to join us.Read more
In this BOF we will be discussing methods of documenting a Drupal project in a collaborative way using Google Drive. We also hope to share and demonstrate processes, tools and Drupal specific templates which have helped improve production.
The idea is simple...
Provide a neatly organised, structured, 'cloud based' project folder to your client and development teams which is used throughout the life cycle of a project.
To improve a projects clarity and understanding in a structured reusable way.Read more
We are looking for a project manager based out of US to help interface between our customers in US & team in India. We need him or her to:
• manage projects being developed by our Indian team of programmers for clients here in North America;
• serve as primary liaison between those clients and our IT Project Manager/programming staff in India;
• vet the programming produced by our office, to enable better quality assurance and generally promote best practices.
We are developing a social network.
Many of its features have been built (groups, friendship, messaging...) others not yet( audio chat, forum, adv....)
Now we need some additional resources for building it.
Tasks may include feature building/custom modules, feature maintenance...
Would you please specify your rate and availability.
We plan and hope to build a long-term relationship for maintenance of each feature.
Please, use my contact form for communication.
Sign up for Part 1: Project kick off and planning. A free mini-course "Drupal for Project Managers".
QOTD: “Never mistake estimation for discovery.” - Adam Boysen
Thank you to everyone who helped us put this together, to the DA (cough Holly cough Steph) for the fabulous A-V equiped room they're snagging for us, to my fellow PM's for your feedback and ideas and to our presenters who generously offered to show up and do their thang!
Below is the official schedule set for Wednesday 22nd! All those looking for some awesome Project Management content are welcome to join us but it'll be first come first served regarding spots!
Wednesday May 22nd Room B110 - Forum One Communications
starting after the keynote and coffee break!
Metal Toad Media is looking for a Project Manager to join our in-office team.
Metal Toad project managers hold an important space in our digital agency that encompasses much more than your average project management role. We're looking for the best of the best when it comes to project management, client communication, and digital strategy all rolled up in one.Read more
Jackson River is looking for an experienced, technically proficient project manager to run projects ranging from CMS and CRM implementations to organization-wide technology initiatives for our progressive non-profit clients.Read more
Taoti is a Washington DC-based Drupal shop. Unlike a lot of our larger competitors, we’re more of a boutique agency. We don’t work on big government projects for years. Our projects are typically 4-8 month gigs resulting in prominent work that you’ll be able to see, reference, and hang your hat on.Read more
Trellon is a strategy and development firm that builds open source solutions for non-profit, NGO, political and academic clients. One of the oldest Drupal firms around, we are seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our team and help provide the thoughtful, innovative solutions we are known for.
Project managers are leaders in our delivery process, who work with Technical Leads and Internet Strategists to deliver outstanding solutions for our clients. Here's what we expect from someone in this role:Read more
I have 2 issues that I am hoping someone might be able to help me with.
1) I'm trying to customize the labels in my PM installation. I am using a string replacement module for the moment because editing the views does not change the labels.
For example I am changing "Projects" to "Bookings". I change all the necessary components in the titles and field names, etc but the do not reflect on the pages.
2) When creating a new entry for an "organization" it shows additional fields:Read more
Promet Source, a Chicago based web and mobile application development company, is looking to hire a Web Development Project Manager to work with its established team of Drupal professionals. We provide a fun, supportive environment with tons of opportunities for learning. The project manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.Read more
Looking for a Drupal Project Manager in DC. $80-100K (plus bagels and boat rides)Read more
Just posted " the plan " and how people can attend & get involved!! Woot!! More details coming soon :) What do you think about this? Tell me in comments on this blog please!
We're a Drupal strategy, development, training and consulting company with teams on both coasts of the United States and in Canada. We like overcoming challenges and doing things that haven't been done before, and we're looking for great people to join us.
This position is for Senior Agile Project Managers. We're growing, and our development, training, support and marketing departments also have positions with immediate availability. The majority of us are in the Los Angeles area, but as a distributed company we welcome telecommuters.
Customers who we work with love us for our dedication to the high quality of our work, how we exceed their expectations and that we communicate with honesty, integrity and transparency. See our Clients list and Case Studies for an idea of the challenging and exciting work that we do.
Our team loves us for the same reasons, and for our company culture, our highly competitive rates and our in-house training and mentoring program. As a team member, you'll find your freedom and salary are unmatched elsewhere.
We're deeply dedicated to contributing to both the Drupal project and its community, and we offer paid time for our community contributions, including Drupal modules, themes and event organizing.
The skills that we value the most are communication, collaboration and community contribution. If you'd like to join our team or would just like us to keep you in mind for future work, let us know at http://www.larks.la/jobs
Please note that we are looking for individuals, not agencies or recruiters. When contacting us, tell us about the following:
- Your Drupal.org username;
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile;
- Your specialties, whether they be design, theming, development, marketing, system administration, training, project management, etc.;
- Certifications that you have in any of the above fields;
- Case studies or articles about websites you've built (or helped build) and what you're proud of;
- A list of Drupal modules and themes that you maintain or contribute to on Drupal.org;
- Your location (i.e. the time zone you're usually in) and if you're a morning lark or a night owl;
- Where you'd like to go for the next Larks company retreat.
For extra credit, check out the questions that our team has selected.
Agile Project Manager role:
- Proven work experience with Agile methodologies;
- 4 years of Agile Project Manager experience;
- Plan project schedule, budget, and scope;
- Act as a true servant leader, protect the team against external interferences and keep them focused on the tasks at hand;
- Support the team activities and efforts toward reaching a common goal;
- Facilitate consensus, commitment, feedback;
- Manage client expectations to maximum satisfaction;
Nice to have:
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Experience with geographically dispersed team composed of freelancers/independant contractors;
- Agile Product Owner role:
- 2 years of Agile Product Owner experience;
- Define clear and concise requirements. In the format of Agile user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Prioritize requirements. Using a Product Backlog;
- Being able to telecommute;
- Experience with companies developing applications for the web.
- Active contributor to the Drupal community or similar open source community. There are several areas in which you can contribute (http://drupal.org/contribute).
Hey guys & gals,
Thanks to XJM, my risk management chart now has some unicorn magic included, so I thought I'd share it here in case it inspires y'all to do some more risk mgmt on your projects, or to keep doing it & have a cool tool for it!
Here's a link to that document + description of how to do risk mgmt if you aren't familiar with this technique.Read more
I commented on the discussion about a march meetup but I don't think anyone saw it.. I'm proposing making our meetups less frequent.
I think monthly is a bit much because we're few to attend atm :) Let's make'm quarterly or semesterly so that more people will join for the ride!
We could also make them a little bit longer so they have more content.
- march / june / setp / dec
- march / july / nov
(You've probably heard about this already: http://groups.drupal.org/node/279238).
Thanks to everyone who has commented on the several issues / threads about this, and commented on my blog about the change (and about how we should have done this earlier!)
One of the remaining "assets" of the Storm set of modules was this group.Read more