Sharing ideas, experiences, and best practices for project management.
Helping other Drupallers to become more effective and efficient in projects they manage.
Join us on IRC in the #drupal-pm channel!
I have 2 issues that I am hoping someone might be able to help me with.
1) I'm trying to customize the labels in my PM installation. I am using a string replacement module for the moment because editing the views does not change the labels.
For example I am changing "Projects" to "Bookings". I change all the necessary components in the titles and field names, etc but the do not reflect on the pages.
2) When creating a new entry for an "organization" it shows additional fields:Read more
Promet Source, a Chicago based web and mobile application development company, is looking to hire a Web Development Project Manager to work with its established team of Drupal professionals. We provide a fun, supportive environment with tons of opportunities for learning. The project manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.Read more
Looking for a Drupal Project Manager in DC. $80-100K (plus bagels and boat rides)Read more
Just posted " the plan " and how people can attend & get involved!! Woot!! More details coming soon :) What do you think about this? Tell me in comments on this blog please!
We're a Drupal strategy, development, training and consulting company with teams on both coasts of the United States and in Canada. We like overcoming challenges and doing things that haven't been done before, and we're looking for great people to join us.
This position is for Senior Agile Project Managers. We're growing, and our development, training, support and marketing departments also have positions with immediate availability. The majority of us are in the Los Angeles area, but as a distributed company we welcome telecommuters.
Customers who we work with love us for our dedication to the high quality of our work, how we exceed their expectations and that we communicate with honesty, integrity and transparency. See our Clients list and Case Studies for an idea of the challenging and exciting work that we do.
Our team loves us for the same reasons, and for our company culture, our highly competitive rates and our in-house training and mentoring program. As a team member, you'll find your freedom and salary are unmatched elsewhere.
We're deeply dedicated to contributing to both the Drupal project and its community, and we offer paid time for our community contributions, including Drupal modules, themes and event organizing.
The skills that we value the most are communication, collaboration and community contribution. If you'd like to join our team or would just like us to keep you in mind for future work, let us know at http://www.larks.la/jobs
Please note that we are looking for individuals, not agencies or recruiters. When contacting us, tell us about the following:
- Your Drupal.org username;
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile;
- Your specialties, whether they be design, theming, development, marketing, system administration, training, project management, etc.;
- Certifications that you have in any of the above fields;
- Case studies or articles about websites you've built (or helped build) and what you're proud of;
- A list of Drupal modules and themes that you maintain or contribute to on Drupal.org;
- Your location (i.e. the time zone you're usually in) and if you're a morning lark or a night owl;
- Where you'd like to go for the next Larks company retreat.
For extra credit, check out the questions that our team has selected.
Agile Project Manager role:
- Proven work experience with Agile methodologies;
- 4 years of Agile Project Manager experience;
- Plan project schedule, budget, and scope;
- Act as a true servant leader, protect the team against external interferences and keep them focused on the tasks at hand;
- Support the team activities and efforts toward reaching a common goal;
- Facilitate consensus, commitment, feedback;
- Manage client expectations to maximum satisfaction;
Nice to have:
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent training with proven work experience;
- Experience with geographically dispersed team composed of freelancers/independant contractors;
- Agile Product Owner role:
- 2 years of Agile Product Owner experience;
- Define clear and concise requirements. In the format of Agile user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Prioritize requirements. Using a Product Backlog;
- Being able to telecommute;
- Experience with companies developing applications for the web.
- Active contributor to the Drupal community or similar open source community. There are several areas in which you can contribute (http://drupal.org/contribute).
Hey guys & gals,
Thanks to XJM, my risk management chart now has some unicorn magic included, so I thought I'd share it here in case it inspires y'all to do some more risk mgmt on your projects, or to keep doing it & have a cool tool for it!
Here's a link to that document + description of how to do risk mgmt if you aren't familiar with this technique.Read more
I commented on the discussion about a march meetup but I don't think anyone saw it.. I'm proposing making our meetups less frequent.
I think monthly is a bit much because we're few to attend atm :) Let's make'm quarterly or semesterly so that more people will join for the ride!
We could also make them a little bit longer so they have more content.
- march / june / setp / dec
- march / july / nov
(You've probably heard about this already: http://groups.drupal.org/node/279238).
Thanks to everyone who has commented on the several issues / threads about this, and commented on my blog about the change (and about how we should have done this earlier!)
One of the remaining "assets" of the Storm set of modules was this group.Read more
ERPAL is a drupal distribution (http://drupal.org/project/erpal) that provides ERP functions for service based companies. To get a first release, we would be happy to get some more testers and more feedback on the architecture as well as on the overall functionality.
ERPAL provides many usefull functions such as:
- Project, Task and Ticket management
- Document management
- Employee management
And many other features.
Join the issue queue and help testing!
Trellon is a strategy and development firm that builds open source solutions for non-profit, NGO, political and academic clients. One of the oldest Drupal firms around, we are seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our team and help provide the thoughtful, innovative solutions we are known for.
Project managers are leaders in our delivery process, who work with Technical Leads and Internet Strategists to deliver outstanding solutions for our clients. Here's what we expect from someone in this role:Read more
I am really, incredibly disappointed by the total disregard for PM's at Drupalcon Portland.
A whopping (EDITED) ONE sessions on a topic that is obviously growing in importance with every conference. Dozens of sessions proposed this time around had a PM focus, yet none were picked.
If you're as steaming mad as I am to see such an important topic go overlooked again, RT my tweet please:
At this point, I do not expect to see my core conversation picked either considering how much they're ignoring us.
WOW! So much PM content this year for DC Portland!!! How excited I am to see all this content coming through :D I'm even seeing some of my session ideas popping up, which is very cool! Glad the content is growing, and the need is more evident than ever.
Let's support the sessions we like commenting is a big indicator this year.
****Please #Comment# on the sessions you like best to support them :)****
I think I got them all, feel free to comment if I missed yours! I'll soon do a follow-up post w/ my fave picks :D
xx ShanRead more
9 sessions - one (2-3 days) per month
Hi, everyone! DrupalCon session submissions are due Friday at 11:59pm PST, and I've been working on a couple of non-PM sessions. That being said, we've had a lot of great ideas in this group, and I wanted to see if anyone else was submitting sessions and if anyone was interested in maybe submitting a session together or getting a small group together to do a panel and talk about our experiences. Any takers?
Hey there all...
Our Drupalistas Study Group tripled in size this last round (from 5 to 15 !! :) ). We are not a big group, but we ARE having a good time learning Drupal in quick, bite-sized chunks. It has been loads of fun. So much fun, in fact, we are starting another "track" of learning.Read more
During our PM Meetup this morning, it was suggested that we have a permanent list of resources we find helpful.
We can add pages to the PM Group to break out topics of discussion (a group organizer needs to add the pages). See http://groups.drupal.org/marketing-drupal for an example of pages. We can also create a Wiki we could all add resources to.
I think a combination of a Resources discussion page and a Wiki we could all edit would be good. A group organizer could edit the main group page and/or the Resources page to add a link to the Wiki.Read more
In my recent assignments, I was asked to make one document which will cover all necessary aspects of the Drupal project . So it will be easy for Trainers and Recruiters as well. Please feel free to edit this post.
Level : Basic
• Software Installation : Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 installation
• Basic LAMP setup and configuration : Setting and configuring LAMP
• Basic PHP : Basic PHP functions & concepts
• LAMP knowledge : Basic commands of Linux ,Apache & Mysql conf.files and settings.
Who's down for a february meet up? I'd really LOVE to hear your PM resolutions for 2013 -- could make for an interesting debate!
Maybe we could do one before Sydney -- say feb 1st? 9am ET?
Open to suggestions :)
PS: I apologize if this is posted twice, wasn't showing up the first time I posted :/