This is a group to organize and discuss the development of Drupal learning experience for helping people master Drupal.
See an inventory of all education related groups: http://groups.drupal.org/node/172069
Please post here:
- Discussion about Drupal training programs and training opportunities
- Links or information about courseware & learning materials for training (tag as "materials")
- Post Training events - News about upcoming and past training events or if you offer Drupal training services (tag as "training" or "training, events" or "training, services")
- Discussions related to an open curriculum (tag as "open curriculum")
- Review the current Open Curriculum proposal:
Open Curriculum: Definitions – Scenarios – Roadmap – Skill sets – Open certification – References - Roles
Join the discussions here on g.d.o, on IRC at #drupal-skillmap, or on Twitter with the tag #drupalskillmap!
If you're interested in setting up local learning sessions - please visit the Drupal Dojo too.
We're building up some courseware content here for the London Workshops:
We have two events a month, one for beginers and intermediary, the other for intermediary and advanced - which explains why the difficulty levels jump around.
Feel welcome to use or add to these tutorials.Read more
Apologies for this only publishing this now, I lost my earlier revision to a browser crash.
Meeting to discuss the curriculum development.
The time is tentative, and we want to try and include as many people who are already tasked with developing courseware, as there
are several of us. Please comment with what time would suit you.
Todo list and agenda to come.
UPDATED: Time moved ahead 2 hours due to request from Rowan.Read more
Here is the agenda for the weekly courseware IRC meeting.
1) Review the unit 1 outline from last week's meeting.
2) Disccus the overall scope of the course. Do we include module development? if so, to what extent? etc. etc.
3) Where/ When does install take place and what platforms are supported. (put up for vote)
4) Break up tasks for unit 1 (at least) granularly enough to be able to assign them to individuals.
5) Spec out next unit.
Any other thoughts?Read more
We need to deliver training to our community of Drupal users. (And I expect many of you need to do the same). There's a good collection of how-to's on the drupal.org website, but I was really looking for a training guide or material to support instructor led training which would cover the basic web author and then a more advanced website editor type level (or basic web master types with little HTML knowledge).
Want to exclude all the technical web developer type topics/activities, such as installation, Database/SQL, theming and PHP coding etc.
Does anyone have or know of suitable training resources for a Drupal end user? Maybe this could be a contributed project, if these end-user orientated resources do not already exist?Read more
I am going to register the channel with chanserv, and I think we should all set it to our auto-joins.
A lot of us are already online all the time, and I think it would be constructive to open up the channels of communication
more, so that we don't just talk about this stuff once a week at the meeting.
I'm really happy with the progress we made on wednesday, and I think this could really help the cause =)Read more
I have posted a log of meeting 2.
Anyone who has anything to contribute please create a wiki page on drupaltutorials.com and post your information. You do not need permission and there are no rules (yet) governing the process. So go ahead, add your content.
The wiki is here:
Sami KhanRead more
1) Go over decisions made at previous meeting, most notably the units as defined here : http://drupaltutorials.com/sami
2) Discuss the project goal for Unit 1 - Basic Brochureware site. Preferably by the end of the day we should be able to configure the site ourselves, and have a list of modules , with a list of subjects we need to discuss to implement those modules.
3) Go over angie's lesson plan (http://drupaltutorials.com/lessons) and choose which parts of it are applicable to Unit 1.
5) Set up courseware mailing list for public discussion, and notifications.
We are meeting to discuss the development of the open courseware that we will teach at DrupalCamp events.
The meeting will be held on irc.freenode.net #drupal-coursewareRead more
I would like us to get together to discuss the design of the courseware for DrupalCamp training. I just wanted to confirm with everyone what would be a good time. I'm leaning towards 2pm vancouver / san francisco time on wednesday the 19th of April 2006.
I'll put up an agenda sometime this weekend.Read more
Due to the bad exchange rate, and the general distrust of international outsourcing local clients are completely unwilling to pay people overseas to do any development, and the lack of (quality?) Drupal developers
makes the Drupal industry here stillborn.
I have several friends who are now doing freelance development, who areeither interested in, or have started doing Drupal development here in South Africa. All of these people I introduced / got interested in doing Drupal, and most of them just need a short introduction to get them up to speed.
So in the interest of getting my friends into the fold and improving the community, I have decided I want to run a short primer course on Drupal, for people who already know php / web development.Read more