Are you an entrepreneur, freelancer or remote worker? You don't have to work alone. Join us for Drupal Coworking Friday at Droplabs, a collaborative coworking space, classroom and computer lab, on Friday, July 11, 2014.
This day-long event is being combined with indie code sprints for your personal Drupal projects. Drop in any time during the day and work on your modules, themes and sites and contribute to Drupal.org! If you need any help, there will be experienced mentors on hand to provide assistance. Please note that our mentors will also be working on their own projects and might need your help with acceptance testing, user feedback, etc.
Droplabs is a collaborative coworking space, classroom and computer lab near Downtown Los Angeles. We're the leading low-cost coworking space in the Greater Los Angeles Area and have shared and private workspaces that are uniquely designed for entrepreneurs, freelancers and remote workers.
In 2013, Droplabs was recognized by Drupical as the Top Drupal Location in the world.
We're near Downtown Los Angeles and are happy to host members of our local community and anyone who is just passing through for some coworking, networking and collaboration. We'll be offering the following FREE services to help rock your workday:
- Free parking on Clover St. and N. Main St. and in our large parking lot;
- Free, metered WiFi;
- Desks, chairs and Ergotron mobile workstations in our open coworking room (on a first-come, first-served basis);
- Hundreds of square feet of whiteboard space;
- Use of our private conference room (unless previously reserved);
- Access to our shared lounge area (unless previously reserved);
- Heat / air conditioning.
Droplabs is supported by memberships, donations, sponsorship of our events, venue rental and paid upgrades, including high-speed, unmetered WiFi, access to a full kitchen (with stove, oven, fridges, sinks, etc.), equipment rental, locker space for your belongings and unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water, sodas and espresso.
About Drupal Coworking Friday
- Proposed date: Last Friday of each month;
- It takes place in your local city;
- Anyone can start/host one;
- Focused on Drupal Professionals (freelance, fulltime, part time, in office, home, etc.);
- This is not a meetup, code-sprint, BoF or presentation;
- Attendees would still do their regular work/calls/etc;
- Other Drupal folks would be there to talk to, collaborate, advise (and likewise for the attendee);
- Ideally, an entire section of the space will be dedicated for Drupal professionals;
651 Clover St.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Droplabs is in the Mission Junction neighborhood of Los Angeles at Big Art Labs, just 1 mile down Main St. from Union Station and Philippes (the first-ever venue for Drupal meetups in Southern California!). We're one block west of The Brewery, the largest live-and-work artists' colony in the world.
Free parking in our large parking lot is first-come, first-served. After parking in the lot, follow the yellow signs that point to Droplabs. (If our lot is full, you can park for free on Clover St.)
Droplabs is a brief walk from the Main St. / Lamar St. stop on the the Metro Local 76 bus line. This is also the Lincoln Heights / Chinatown DASH stop.
To carpool or catch the Droplabs shuttle from Union Station, post below in the comments.