Bonjour à tous. Comme suggéré, j'ai créé cette page wiki comme endroit pour nous aider à débuter l’organisation du DrupalCamp Montréal 2011. Nous recherchons des bénévoles et des organisateurs dévoués. Veuillez vous inscrire.
Hello everyone. As suggested, I've created this wiki page as a place for us to begin organizing the 2011 DrupalCamp Montréal. We're looking for both volunteers and dedicated organizers. Please sign up.
Add your name to list of core organizers below if you're interested in making a steady commitment of time and energy across the Summer. Please add your name to the list of potential volunteers below if you have time to devote at some point, but cannot make a steady commitment. Add anything else to this wiki page as you see fit.
The People Involved
- Andrew Lindsay/Mirabuck
- Louis-Eric Simard/63reasons
- Suzanne Kennedy/pixelite and Simone Pereira/simonep for Evolving Web
- Matt Corks/mvc and Omar Bickell/omar for Koumbit (we commit to at least one of us attending meetings)
- Jacques R. Blier/xmacinfo
- Ryan Weal/Ryan Weal for Kafei Interactif Inc.
- Benoit Brosseau/brosseaub
- Mark Styles/lambic
- David Smith/carefulmedia
- Sylvain Aubé/sylvain_a for Whisky Echo Bravo
- Willie Seabrook/willieseabrook
- DrupalCamp Montréal 2011 dates are September 16, 17 and 18 2011.
- The camp will be held in the McIntyre Medical Building at McGill University.
- Keynote speaker: Angie Byron, talking about encouraging participation in the Drupal community
- Keynote speaker: Jen Simmons, talking about Design/Theming/HTML5?
- An i18n code sprint led by Gábor Hojtsy will occur on the 14th, 15th and 16th of September. Details here.
- Business Analysis/Project Management
McGill Venue Details
- Available from 2pm, Friday, September 16th until 12am, Sunday, September 18th.
- Space for approx. 450 people.
- 3 large lecture rooms with PAs, projectors and the following capacities: 400, 275, 125.
- 4 smallish rooms (potentially for bofs) with projectors (capacity for 15 people each).
- A secure room without a projector (capacity 12).
- A secure room with a projector (capacity 30).
- Foyer space that can accommodate a buffet line and 450+ people at mealtimes.
- Wifi via McGill Guest network
- Cost: $1776.00 (may be covered by McGill IT sponsorship)
- Larger rooms can capture video (with slides) using automated lecture recording system
- Building access is 7am-7pm on the weekend.
Unmarked sponsors need to be contacted unless someone has marked down their name beside them. Simone can be contacted for contact info if needed. Sponsorship info at http://www.drupalcampmontreal.com/sponsor-drupalcamp-2011.
I'm sure that this list could be considerably longer if we thought about it a bit. Please PROPOSE more potential sponsors.
- DBN (are not doing video this year but may still be interested in having their logo on the site)
- Openflows Community Technology Lab
- NT2 - Omar
- Gestion Ressources - Omar
- Drupal Connect
- Open Concept - Omar
- Lullabot - Omar/Simone
- Isuma TV - Omar
- Apell - Omar
- Facil - Omar/Robin
- Microsoft - Andrew
- Station C
- Open Concept
- Hot Drupal
- Site Five
- Web enabled
- Codefront Labs
Not Counted in budget
- Acquia - 2 flights and training = Platinum
Counted in Budget
- McGill - $1776.00 facilities rental - Platinum
- Evolving Web - $1400.00 - Platinum
- Koumbit - $1400.00 - Platinum
- Whisky Echo Bravo - $350.00 - Silver
- Kovasys - $350.00 - Silver
- TP1 - $350.00 - Silver
- If the venue allows it, make bof/yay spaces available beyond the end of the day (in Chicago they were available 24 hours which was awesome, but we don't need to go that far)
- A 3 day camp with roughly the same number of non-bof/yay sessions as a 2 day camp would free up more time for bofs/yays and general socializing (for example, a day of trainings/bof/yay sessions on Friday, then formal presentations and bof/yay sessions on Saturday and Sunday, not necessarily at the same venue)
- We need to take in consideration that the Drupal community is getting more professional and members are getting a bit older. This means more and more people with children and 9 to 5 jobs. We need to step out of the full week-end event and work more to a confoo class event.
- Some sort of crossover with Berlin. At the very least laptops running Skype in coffee areas or something like that.
- $50.00 Vimeo pro account suggested in tandem with archive.org as hosting solution.
Session ideas that don't fit into established tracks
- Panel discussion about the Drupal community, how it's changing, and how to participate in it
Minutes from Organizational Meetings
- May 11th, 2011
- June 9th, 2011
- July 7th, 2011
- July 20th, 2011
- August 3rd, 2011
- August 10th, 2011
- August 17th, 2011
- August 31st, 2011
- September 8th, 2011
- September 12th, 2011
- September 26th, 2011 (wrap-up)