At our November meetup we discussed group organizers. Specifically, how does one become a group organizer, what is expected of group organizers, how should we deal with conflict.
The results of this conversation are as follows:
Become an organizer
- Have a good reason first!
- Post a comment to the group about who you are and why you think you need to be a group organizer
- Get at least one approving comment
- Get one of the existing organizers as a "second"
Is there a limit to the number of organizers?
- Not at this time.
What is expected of group organizers
- REQUIRED Adhere to Drupal Code of Conduct
- Do one or more of... Camp Organizing, Meeting Organizing, Website Maintenance, Liase with GDO admins
- Assist with conflict resolution when possible
What if there is a conflict with a group organizer?
- Discuss conflict among current organizers
- Minimum two organizers to agree to remove a third