This will be the first meeting in our new location at 10gen's new offices (see address below.)
This month's meetup focuses on Data in Drupal, with presentations on MySQL, Postgres & of course NoSQL.
We're still selecting the new location for our regular post-meeting mixer event. If you have any suggestion, please post in comments!
Please remember to register using the signup button on this page. (You have to be logged in.) Note that signing up on meetup.com does not register you for the meeting, you must rsvp on groups.drupal.org. Final list will be given to the venue at 10pm on August 6th (the evening before the meetup)
Have a topic you can present in 5 minutes (with 5 more minutes for questions)? The basic idea is there are patterns for developing sites the "drupal" way ("what would drupal do? etc."). Tell us a quick 5 minute recipe for how to put the Drupal "bricks" together. Theming techniques or other things may also be appropriate. Propose it below in comments. Make sure you mention it is for the "lightning round" otherwise it might get confused with a longer presentation. Lightning rounds do not have to be related to this month's topic
- Explain Explained - Kevin Moll
- Drupal Ladder & NYC Camp Sprint Day report - Fureigh
- Drupal Commons 3.3 preview - ezra-g
- Drupal Community PM- alexpronove
Have a topic that needs more then 5 minutes, we have slots of 20-30 minute talks. The basic idea is there are broader subjects or more detailed discussions this is the type of talk you would want to signup for, please mention 20 min talk when posting your talk description and the audience you expect to speak to. 20-30 min talks do not have to be related to this month's topic.
- Drupal and Postgres - Mason Sharp
- Using Drupal for ETL/BI on any data source - Sara Robertson
- Entity Rules - tedbow
Break Out Sessions
Breakout sessions take place in the "other room" and are more informal, covering any number of topics.
- New 2 Drupal BOF table - New to Drupal? Bring your questions and problems for expert help. If you are new to Drupal and the talks don't apply to you some of us will take a group and talk with you about your issues.
- NYC Camp sunset discussion - informal, ad hoc discussion about NYC Camp which just took place.
- Other ad hoc breakout BOFs - Have an interest? Start a BOF at a break out table
Use the signup button on this page to RSVP and watch this space for an update with any special instructions.
229 West 43rd Street
NYC, NY 10036
When?: Wednesday August 7th, 6:30 - 9:00 PM
NB: You must have your full name on your drupal.org profile to attend this event. If you do not have your full name on your profile, it will let you register, but your name will NOT be at the security desk when you try to attend the meeting!