Main Monthly LA DRUPAL Meetup: presentations, shop talk, coders lounge and more - June 12th, 2012 at Santa Monica Public Library
Join us Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 at the Santa Monica Public Library (main branch). Every month we have experts guide our local community, it's always a spectacular lineup of topics and presentations centered around Drupal. Plus we help users answer questions, and resolve issues with solutions surrounding planning, supporting, and developing with Drupal.
Mark your calendars for the second Tuesday of each month as "LA DRUPAL DAY"!
Room1: 7pm-9pm (sharp!) - doors open at 6p
- Main presentation by RIOT Games
- Shop talk: Kevin Wall of KWALL (www.kwallcompany.com), a DrupalCamp LA Platinum Sponsor, will be providing this month's Shop Talk.
- Lightning Talks: (5min ea) Open Floor. Come share something cool, new, and Drupalie! (post a comment to lock in your spot now)
- The first to arrive will receive a free copy of the Drupal specific magazine: Drupal Watchdog -- normally $12/issue!
- Plus, Job announcements, Networking, Wi-fi and raffle prizes, including various Drupal books, DVD's, and subscriptions!
After a mouth watering presentation about using Compass/Sass at the LA Drupal meetup in Santa Monica we will get into some of the nitty gritty about using Compass/SassRead more
This event is free and no RSVP is required, but if you plan to attend please do sign up by clicking the Sign up button below. Knowing how many people are interested in attending can help us better select good locations in the future. People who sign up will also have last minute details (if there are any) sent to them before the meeting.
Additionally, you can follow Santa Barbara Drupal on Twitter at http://twitter.com/sbdrupalRead more
Global Accessibility Awareness Day is a community-driven effort whose goal is to focus one day to raise the profile of digital (web, software, mobile app/device, touch screen kiosk, etc.) accessibility and people with different disabilities.
The idea started with a single blog post. On May 9th, people in communities around the world are encouraged to hold a talk/meetup, organize hands-on demos, or plan another activity that brings attention to some aspect of digital accessibility. Follow @GblA11yDay on Twitter and use the #gaad hashtag in your own tweets.
Droplabs is happy to participate in this global event. We will have both Dallas Legan and Larry Hart on-hand to present:
- Dallas Legan is a well-respected member of the Southern California Open Source ecosystem. He has presented on a variety of topics at UUASC, LAMP-SIG, the San Fernando Valley Linux Users Group, the San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group and SCALE.
- Larry Hart is a longtime member of the San Fernando Valley Linux Users Group. He also happens to be a blind web user and will be imparting both his knowledge and frustrations of using a non-accessible web. We hope this will lead to discussions on how we, as web developers, can create a more usable and accessible web.
Now in it's 14th year, OSCON is where all the pieces of the open platform come together. Unlike other conferences that focus entirely on one language or part of the stack, OSCON deals with the open source ecosystem in its entirety, exactly as you approach it in your work. Join us July 16-20, 2012 in Portland, OR for the annual gathering of open source innovators, builders, and pioneers.Read more
4100 Newport Place Dr., Newport Beach, CA (map)
4th floor conference room
Mario will be giving a presentation on what Backup & Migrate can do for you. William will be giving a short overview on the Field Collection module and entity_metadata_wrapper() function.
* More presenters are welcome *
Lightning TalksRead more
The next Downtown LA Drupal meetup is on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 and will be at Droplabs, a Drupal event and coworking space in Downtown Los Angeles. At this meetup, we'll be featuring two presentations: Introduction to VPS Hosting and Managing Servers with Virtualmin, Featurize! and Business Model Generation for Drupalpreneurs.
Light food and refreshments will be served throughout the evening courtesy of our food and drink sponsor, Chernick Consulting. We are a full IT outsourcing organization that can help you make your computers do anything you want it to (except cook or do laundry). We have a great deal of experience following corporate policies and procedures and will gladly supply IT services for larger organizations with branch offices in Los Angeles.Read more
DrupalCon Denver is going to come to a close, and its never been a DrupalCon without a code sprint to get things done! From 9am to 5pm tomorrow, there is going to be a code sprint happening at the Conference Center and the Hyatt Regency. I am definitely going to be participating (I'll be at the core office hours sprint) and it would be great to see others in LA represent!
For more information, check out http://denver2012.drupal.org/sprints.Read more
Register Now for DrupalCamp LA 2012, the weekend of July 28-29, 2012: http://2012.DrupalCampLA.com
What is a DrupalCamp?Read more
Is on like Red Dawn. We are going to Casa Bonita!!!!
If you are unfamiliar with Casa Bonita, it is the Disney Land of mexican restaurants. If you need any other persuasion to go just watch south park season 7 episode 11.
- BTMash (+1)
- Mike Stewart