Welcome to the Drupal in Education group. This group is an umbrella group for supporting and discussing the various uses of Drupal in educational settings.
List of education institutions using Drupal.
The CiviCRM team invites you to CiviCon 2012
CiviCon – the annual conference for CiviCRM developers, implementers, administrators and users – is happening in the San Francisco Bay Area on April 2nd. Early bird registration is just $75 and ends less than a month away on January 30th, so reserve your spot now.
CiviCon is the annual CiviCRM event bringing together the people who develop, design, implement, administer, and use CiviCRM. We'll have great speakers, breakout sessions and panels highlighting real-world examples of nonprofits growing and sustaining relationships using CiviCRM. Find out about the future of the platform through discussions with the core team. You'll have ample opportunity to ask questions, meet other users and developers, make valuable connections, and get involved in the community.Read more
Hi, I'm looking for a solution to display course timetables for classes on a school website.
The school in question generates the timetables now with the software called Untis (http://www.school-timetabling.com/). This software is able to output the timetables as HTML, as XML and as CSV. What I need is to display these timetables (for individual classes or even for individual students or teachers) within Drupal.
What would be the best approach? Using the Data and/or Schema module? Or the Date + Views + Calendar module?
Does anybody have experience in producing anything likewise?Read more
The Office of Information Technology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) is currently accepting applications for the position of Web Communications Analyst.
Education Hub, India in collaboration with EOT Infotech is providing the Industrial Training & Internship opportunity for the Freshers & IT Professional, to learn and work with high quality of trainer’s and complete the commercial projects for customers and clients.
The training will be about 4 Major concepts on Drupal
Course 5: Drupal - The content management system
Subject 17: Drupal Introduction
- Drupal What, Why, When, How ?
- Module, Concepts as why to use what and when
- 6 More topics
Subject 18: Drupal Module Development
- Understanding the flow to controllers
- Working with a team (including design, account/project management, and other developers) to create compelling and cutting-edge websites and web applications
- Turning design and user interface mockups into a functional website
- Custom programming and web application development
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Contributing ideas and efforts toward internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions to various problems (i.e. development platforms, documentation, etc.)
- Proficient in Drupal, including custom module development, key contributed modules and the core API
- Proficient in PHP, ideally within a GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL environment.
- Proficient in SQL, relational databases and MySQL; skill with tools like phpMyAdmin and the mysql CLI
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Proficient in hand-coding HTML and tableless CSS
The Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) is seeking an energetic web production specialist to join our Communications Office.Read more
The George Lucas Educational Foundation seeks a Drupal developer for the Edutopia.org website and other technology initiatives. Develop custom modules, provide ongoing website development and maintenance, and advise on best practices and approaches for online technology with one of the leading non-profit organizations. Work with our team of developers, themers, and outside contractors to oversee and maintain web properties. This developer would join us in our San Rafael office with some opportunity for telecommuting.
Primary Responsibilities and AccountabilitiesRead more
Can anyone please help me to solve my issue? I want one sample xml file to feed amazon products (or other merchant sites) to my site. How can I get this? I found that we can get xml file from the amazon secret keys, but need some hacking. It will be very helpful if you provide me any idea.. Thanks in advance for all your help...!
I am working on a price comparison project and we planned to do this in drupal. But please help me to solve my issues..
I will brief my requirements.
- Feed collection and processing:
- receive XML feeds from various product vendors(Amazon, yahooshopping etc) in predefined formats, clean/transform, then load into a catalog DB.
– display listings of the products in various ways: by category, title, price range, most popular, etc.
Price Comparison Table:
–generate a price comparison table of all suppliers of that product.
The deadline is this Saturday (11/26), and we need your help to get our VoIP Drupal sessions selected for Drupal Camp NYC!
This year, we are proposing the following session:
"Hello, Drupal? Building Drupal sites that make and receive phone calls" (http://bit.ly/s1QUo1)
As part of this session, we will:
- Introduce VoIP Drupal, its goals, background and basic components
- Highlight real life examples of VoIP Drupal in use
- Demonstrate simple ways to get started with the technology
- Present the VoIP Drupal roadmap and how to get involved
The registration for this event is now open!
- Info/Announcement: http://groups.drupal.org/node/211118
- Register: https://denverdrupaled.eventbrite.com
- Propose a discussion topic: http://groups.drupal.org/node/211108
With DrupalCon Denver coming up in approximately 4 months, I wanted to see if there was interest in an Education-specific unconference on Monday, the 19th, the day before DrupalCon begins.Read more
BioRAFT is a quickly growing company focused on building an enterprise level web-based application used in universities and pharmaceutical research. Our application has been Drupal-based since 2005-- we've been around in the community, but are new to the Boston area. We are opening a Cambridge, MA development office in early 2012 and are rapidly hiring for this location. We are looking to build the development team with experienced and energetic innovators. In addition to this position, we have other positions open in web development, Design/UX, QA, and Project Management. See all our openings online.
Why work with us?
- We support a work hard, play hard mentality. We pay well, give great benefits and support your need for a flexible work schedule.
- There is no dead weight to carry. We run a lean, energetic work environment with no morons allowed. We are rapidly scaling up our team with only the absolute best candidates.
- We empower our engineers to make an impact. As a developer you will drive from the front-seat our product direction, technical strategy, implementation choices, and operational decisions.
Hello everyone. I'm a final year IT major and for my senior design I have decided to redesign a non-profit organization Web site using Drupal. My background is in .Net Framework but I have been playing with Drupal and I have a developed lot of interests. The non-profit organization is a chapter based organization, which has 1-3 chapters in every state and some parts of Africa, Europe and Canada. My academic adviser has approved the project BUT said that I will have to develop two custom modules. I have never develop any module before. Any suggestions/ideas will highly be appreciated.
OpenAcadept is a Drupal distribution for building academic websites. It can help academic departments to have own site. The functionality of OpenAcaDept is based on what we need in Donetsk National Technical University and will be extended due to user requests. OpenAcaDept is in active development now, but you can start to build your own project based on it, while helping us to fix issues. It is very important to have a feedback from you re this project, because it will help improve it.
- Basic content types such as Project, Event, Publication, Resource, Blog post, Page.
- Configurable user profiles for different roles: Faculty/staff, Student, Alumnus.
- Views for pages and contextual blocks.
- Smart node access workflow and role application on registration.
- Installed menu items, taxonomy terms and pages.
- Custom theme.
can anyone help me, google translater module in drupal 7
i do not need i18n module functionality
ELMS Alpha 5 came out today! https://drupal.psu.edu/project/elms
ELMS is now entirely features based and following the best practices established by Open Atrium / Eduglu / Drupal Commons. You can download the distro at the link above or check out any of the 24 other modules/features contributed as part of this release at https://drupal.psu.edu/fserverRead more
REVISED/REPOSTED 1/27/2012. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
The Museum is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong portfolio, primarily for back-end development. This is a full time, permanent position with the State of North Carolina.
Position: Business And Technology Applic Analyst
Working Title: Chief Webmaster
Vacancy Number: 65014777
Salary Grade Equivalent: 74
Competency Level: J
Salary Range: $39816 - $98718
Hiring Range: $39816 - $59252
Department: Environment Natural Resources
Division: ENR SO DS MNS DO COMMUNICATIONS Supv Ofc